Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MS lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LonePredator
10.24.2012 , 10:08 AM | #1
im experiencng those lag issues and my MS keeps changing from 70s to around 110 and bioware i was wondering if there is any possible solution because i dont really want to play this game like this if i have to pay for it...

zoist
10.24.2012 , 10:10 AM | #2
i was having the same issue tried all the things bioware said an it didnt help in the end i contacted my isp and the made the game server a priority now my ms never goes over 50

LonePredator
10.24.2012 , 10:17 AM | #3
isp stands for what?

zoist
10.24.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
isp means internet service provider its the company that provide ur internet connection

Amodin
10.24.2012 , 10:47 AM | #5
Honestly, 70-100 ms is not bad. It wont be a consistent number - ping is like blood pressure, it will always be something different on the trace route.

When you start talking about lag, you are going to see a drastic number change - from something like 100 ms up to 800 ms and higher, not a 30 millisecond difference.

LonePredator
10.24.2012 , 10:52 AM | #6
it mght not be bad compared to others but the fact im still playing with lag is very aninoying when you are paying to play this game, and when you say internet service provider you mean people like?...

zoist
10.24.2012 , 10:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LonePredator View Post
it mght not be bad compared to others but the fact im still playing with lag is very aninoying when you are paying to play this game, and when you say internet service provider you mean people like?...

companies like BT Talk Talk Virgin etc the company u pay each month for ur internet

Amodin
10.24.2012 , 10:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LonePredator View Post
Then if your ping is that low, you might consider that you aren't talking about lag, but video lag or skipping.

You might have an out of date network or video driver that needs to be updated which would in fact help you if this is the case.

The next best thing to that ping is literally playing ON the host server or its direct connection network.

Cybermeister
10.24.2012 , 11:06 AM | #9
Seriously, if you can tell the difference (in an MMO) between 70ms and 100ms of latency then you're hypersensitive. It's not like it's a first person shooter where snap-shots matter. (i.e. client position vs. server position). FYI 70ms (where ms = milliseconds) is 0.07 seconds. An average human 'blinking' is slower than that. Lag is noticeable when it drops over 250-300ms and can get annoying if if varies wildly, but 100ms is easily within tolerance for this game.

Now if you're used to getting 30ms and it's suddenly > 300ms then you might wonder what's happening, but the chances are it's still nothing Bioware can do - it could be caused by any number of servers on the route between your PC and the Bioware gateway... the further you are away (both in numbers of hops and the bandwiidth available over the distance) the greater the latency will be. If it's suddenly affecting lots of people on the server then yes, probably it's something at BW's end, but otherwise you need to examine the route your IP address is taking to get to the servers. (Pingplotter makes that quite easy).

LonePredator
10.24.2012 , 11:32 AM | #10
maybe but this lag is noticable and the fact the game is running terrible compared to how it once was, i have a feeling something has caused this all of a sudden and if any of you have any advice or link to things that could help me out it would be greatly appreciated if you tell me how and what to do