Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

+10 datacron

Nursejenna
10.24.2012 , 04:40 AM | #1
Hey.

So this obviously isn't an urgent issue (considering all the other bugs in the game), but I was wondering if the +10 datacron will ever become "unbugged" for those of us that were unable to pick up the necessary blue crystal? At least that is what my issue was - others may have experienced something different - but I have tried every way suggested to "unbug" myself, I have gone about acquiring the datacron correctly- but when trying to pick up the blue crystal it states "Nothing Happens". This was the issue when I first started playing this game back in February. At the time I created an in-game ticket, which provided no resolution. I thought you guys would get around to it eventually. But no. I tried again last week and still the same bug. I again, created a ticket - and got the response of..we will forward this to QA and this matter will not be discussed with you any further. Ok Then! So I will ask here - and perhaps others are still having this issue -....Will this ever be fixed? Can you just place the item in my inventory so I can go about getting it? Throw me a bone here!
~*Nursejen*~
Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare.

TheShootist
10.24.2012 , 06:16 AM | #2
Have you already gotten the datacron on that character and now trying to get the crystal to assist others in getting it too? If so you can't, once you've gotten the +10 Datacron, you can no longer access that crystal.

Edit* If you need that Datacron, join a group and as long as one person in the party can get the crystal, everybody can get in to aquire it.

warriorcat
10.24.2012 , 06:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheShootist View Post
Have you already gotten the datacron on that character and now trying to get the crystal to assist others in getting it too? If so you can't, once you've gotten the +10 Datacron, you can no longer access that crystal.
i get this bug on my assassin, i cant pick it up i was gonna do it the same day i done it with my operative but i could not pick it up nor could my whole 16 man pre made we was doing ,,, lets say we was not impressed

(trooper done it about 3 months be4 encountered no issues other than line of sight on the harpoon jumps
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

TheShootist
10.24.2012 , 06:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
i get this bug on my assassin, i cant pick it up i was gonna do it the same day i done it with my operative but i could not pick it up nor could my whole 16 man pre made we was doing ,,, lets say we was not impressed

(trooper done it about 3 months be4 encountered no issues other than line of sight on the harpoon jumps
I've seen it bug out if someone uses the crystal too many times to lower the shield, it did it to us one night, about halfway through getting a large group of our guild the datacron. Now I'll go there with one of my toons that doesn't have it yet to preposition a character inside the force field room, so the shield can be dropped and log out. Then once we do a run were guarranteed no issues.

warriorcat
10.24.2012 , 06:31 AM | #5
I've seen it bug out if someone uses the crystal too many times to lower the shield, it did it to us one night, about halfway through getting a large group of our guild the datacron. Now I'll go there with one of my toons that doesn't have it yet to preposition a character inside the force field room, so the shield can be dropped and log out. Then once we do a run were guarranteed no issues.
this was about 2 weeks ago i tried to do it with assassin i disbanded group in the end and last week i still could not get it, never sent a ticket about it as i already have one up, ill speak to Agent about it when they contact me

i kept my assassin their aswell .. .tell a sorc failed a pull and killed me and no one could get back in (was fun )
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

Nursejenna
10.24.2012 , 06:41 AM | #6

Edit* If you need that Datacron, join a group and as long as one person in the party can get the crystal, everybody can get in to aquire it.
No. I never acquired it on my main character because I could never pick up the crystal. And I have been solo and in a group - you can't pick up the datacron unless you have the blue in your inventory. The red crystal is the one that only on person in the group needs. That one allows access to the area. I think in a later post you also said that if you try picking it up, or lowering the shield too many times - it buggs. This hasn't worked from the first time I have tried to pick it up in a group with my guild. So not that either. Still tried to pick up the datacron without it - even though everyone else in the group had it - but it was a no go.
~*Nursejen*~

TheShootist
10.24.2012 , 06:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
i kept my assassin their aswell .. .tell a sorc failed a pull and killed me and no one could get back in (was fun )
hehe that's why you keep someone in that room or an alt toon there at all times, well at least til everybody has gotten the Datacron. Usually after a server reset the bug goes away, that is when I go preposition my toon and schedule a guild run for it.

Nursejenna
10.24.2012 , 06:46 AM | #8
hehe that's why you keep someone in that room or an alt toon there at all times, well at least til everybody has gotten the Datacron. Usually after a server reset the bug goes away, that is when I go preposition my toon and schedule a guild run for it.
I thought that too - surely after a server restart it would help. But there have been many since February..lol and nothing.
~*Nursejen*~

TheShootist
10.24.2012 , 06:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nursejenna View Post
No. I never acquired it on my main character because I could never pick up the crystal. And I have been solo and in a group - you can't pick up the datacron unless you have the blue in your inventory.

The red crystal is the one that only on person in the group needs. That one allows access to the area.
Strange? I've run many or our guild through and they never needed to get the blue crystal? it's only needed to lower the shield, once that is done anyone who has finished their class quest can get it.

you need both to lower the shield

Nursejenna
10.24.2012 , 06:54 AM | #10
Strange? I've run many or our guild through and they never needed to get the blue crystal? it's only needed to lower the shield, once that is done anyone who has finished their class quest can get it.
Lowering the shield is the red crystal - something you pick up in another area. When you go in - you blow through one door ..everyone runs through the little tunnel to a Blue crystal - whether it's "blue crystal" that shows up in your inventory - I don't know....that's what it looks like. Then you come back out. Stick the red crystal in the other slot facing the other door...lower the shield. Two different things. I can Lower the shield for others because I have the red crystal. However - when we get to the datacron I am not allowed to pick it up due to the lack of blue crystal.
~*Nursejen*~