Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Bioware is not backing down from the "Grab Bags"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So Bioware is not backing down from the "Grab Bags"

Wraiven
10.23.2012 , 06:42 PM | #1
I have seen a lot of you guys beg Bioware to reconsider putting out these "Grab Bags" (gambling bags) and judging from the PTS server, your cries have gone unheard.

So now I am asking you...Bioware....please please please do not go through with these grab bags. You are placing some of the coolest stuff in to these bags and making it to where the only way you can get this stuff is to gamble. Pink-purple crystals? Grab bag only?

Come on Devs...I am respectfully requesting you reconsider here.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

CelCawdro
10.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2
Not the only way. These items become unbound after five days and trade-able. Just pay the GTN going rate for the item if you want the sure-fire way of getting it. This is a non-issue because the items aren't bound.

GratuaCuun
10.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #3
Well I'm requesting that you don't

seeing hundreds of people run around with this stuff? Meh... limit it to rare rewards through grab bags and trading? Non meh
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

spectreclees
10.23.2012 , 06:45 PM | #4
GW2 does the same thing with chests, it works out fine. <shrug>

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.23.2012 , 06:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
GW2 does the same thing with chests, it works out fine. <shrug>
GW2 is crap, Arenanet is evil and lures kids into cash gambling, now Bw does the same? Disappointing.
Zynga couldn't be worse

Chiltonium
10.23.2012 , 06:54 PM | #6
who cares if they're not backing down from it.

I like it.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Draekos
10.23.2012 , 06:55 PM | #7
Turbine does the same thing as well it is pretty standard for MMO cash shops. Why stop with the boxes let's get some gambling going on on Nar Shaddaa.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

spectreclees
10.23.2012 , 06:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
GW2 is crap, Arenanet is evil and lures kids into cash gambling, now Bw does the same? Disappointing.
Zynga couldn't be worse
So does Blizzard, like it or not microtransactions are the future of MMO gaming and has been for a while.

JimG
10.23.2012 , 06:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Not the only way. These items become unbound after five days and trade-able. Just pay the GTN going rate for the item if you want the sure-fire way of getting it. This is a non-issue because the items aren't bound.
I agree. I originally HATED the idea of these packs. But now that I've seen them in action and tried it out on the PTS and you'll be able to trade/sell the stuff from the packs, I've changed my mind and I think they are great as-is.

Tomb-Stone
10.23.2012 , 06:59 PM | #10
It's a business and these are non essential items.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...