Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ripster
10.23.2012 , 02:32 PM | #11
There is a welcome screen that lists a benefit of subscribing as 10 additional slots. Will this mean subscribers will have 22 or that F2P will have 2?

Also, will the limit of F2P storage (inventory and cargo hold) be less than what players currently start with or can buy up to? That is, is the benefit of subscribers being able to spend credits to increase inventory referring to the existing system or to a further increase in storage space?

DarthTexas
10.23.2012 , 03:05 PM | #12
What is the reasoning behind the 5 day countdown before being able to trade items obtained from the Cartel Market the market mystery boxes? The Market itself encourages gift giving ("Makes a great gift for another player!"), but having to wait 5 days to be able to do that makes it a lot harder and less meaningful to do.

Why is the armor obtained from the Market & mystery boxes not bind to legacy? It seems a step backward in regards to giving players choices and flexibility.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

mitrikzoltan
10.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #13
1. What are the in game mechanics for players going sub-f2p-sub?

If I'm subbed now, and have all the available inventory space, what happens if I go f2p? And if I later resub? Same question regarding locked features/unlocks.

2. Any chance we could get some hood down Jedi robes and armor in the Cartel Market?

3. Will there be a list of items that are exclusively available from the gambling boxes?

Iggster
10.23.2012 , 03:15 PM | #14
Here is my question:

What are the plans for the APAC servers if F2P fails to bolster the low player count?

Mamerro
10.23.2012 , 03:17 PM | #15
Will there be character transfers to any servers before or when f2p hits?

tanksdomain
10.23.2012 , 03:18 PM | #16
Two questions (some that have been asked many many times, but have seen no answer)

1) Will there be a life time subscription offer sometime down the road??

2) when will F2P launch?
∑ịị▔▔▔▔ị[o||||||()||Ξ[\████████████████████████████████ )

Dimvou
10.23.2012 , 03:26 PM | #17
Is there any way to gain cartel points besides subbing/buying them with real money?
Any in-game ways to slowly(i guess) gain some?

Altheran
10.23.2012 , 03:34 PM | #18
1. We know that F2P players won't be able to equip "purple" gear unless they purchase an unlock with Cartel store, but what will happen to players who already have "purple" gear equipped when going F2P ? Will they be "stripped" and receive their items back with the item recovery system, or will they be allowed to wear this gear unless they remove it ?

2. What exactly is (or what will likely be if it's not decided yet) the special status that ex-suscribers will get when F2P hits live ?

3. What will occur to unlocks which are automatically owned by Suscribers if he goes F2P later ? And what if the player purchased it before to suscribe, and then go back F2P, will he lose the perk because he's not a suscriber anymore ?

GreySix
10.23.2012 , 03:35 PM | #19
My wife's subscription is up in three days, and she's sitting on around 1500 cartel coins. If FTP pops next month, does she lose those coins?

Laurreth
10.23.2012 , 03:38 PM | #20
Will the bonus cartel coins for current/past subscribers only ever be available to people who have an active subscription on the date of the F2P launch, or will it be sufficient to subscribe after that date?

(edit) damn beaten to the punch, see post immediately above