Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

siyuandai
10.25.2012 , 04:22 PM | #101
I'm gonna keep this very short: Paid transfers?
<Emperor's Hammer>
Ezria (Darkness Assassin) - Guild Officer
Server: Jedi Covenant

Snikwad
10.25.2012 , 05:44 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by ZORG View Post
I will forgo one to block another sure. I believe the option should be there for those who want to partake. Just give me the option to block it in my house with MY family. I said nothing about you and yours.

However I realized if its in the cartel shop then all I need is a block to purchases. This way If my child wants something they can ask me for it. I have younger children who love starwars. I never see same gender content on the clone wars cartoon or in the movies or any of the starwars content.

I played through Mass Effect first before deciding if my child could play. I didnt let him play. Hes not old enough to understand whats goin on. I fear with the mass influx of younger players on the F2P model some parents wont be as savy to know Biowares previous games which did have SGRA. Just give parents the option and everyone is happy. Don't ban it from all just let me ban it..
Can we have a parental lock for skin color too? I don't want my kids playing dark-skinned characters, so I'd like to be able to ban them from using the darker skin tones.

Jeweledleah
10.25.2012 , 06:24 PM | #103
sorry if its been asked before, but.

is there any plan to allow premium players to unlock characters that are storaged? you know, pay per character - have access to them from then on? I mean.. you can buy race unlocks instead of getting them through legacy and you can buy other unlocks (crew skills, storage space, titles, hide helmet, etc), so what about character slots?

DarthDrachonus
10.25.2012 , 06:36 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Snikwad View Post
Can we have a parental lock for skin color too? I don't want my kids playing dark-skinned characters, so I'd like to be able to ban them from using the darker skin tones.

...are you for real? What the heck does skin tone matter? Got something against blue, red, and purple twi'leks? Seriously. That's just..well, wrong.

Free to play question: Ability bars...more than one? Because otherwise you're not going to be too successful with this free to play option.
The Most Interesting Sith in the Galaxy!

Shameless plug here: http://www.swtor.com/r/jxy5Rg

Icebergy
10.25.2012 , 06:38 PM | #105
When are paid transfers?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Mevan
10.25.2012 , 07:02 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDrachonus View Post
...are you for real? What the heck does skin tone matter? Got something against blue, red, and purple twi'leks? Seriously. That's just..well, wrong..
He was (I believe) mocking the other poster, who suggested a parental lock of same-sex relationships. It's called taking the p!ss

Drudenfusz
10.25.2012 , 09:18 PM | #107
With the cartel market packs and the random rares we can get, will we see a real money auction house to trade them, and will it be legal to buy and sell those items like it is for Collectible Card Games? If no, what other form of legel second marcet options will we have on those items? And if there are none, planed, why not?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

DarthZak
10.26.2012 , 07:52 AM | #108
I saw some people asking questions that have been answered in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=547736 so make sure you have a look here before asking something
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

wyrmac
10.26.2012 , 12:00 PM | #109
My biggest question is Character slots, you gave us 12 which is great, you consolidated our characters, often making the slots more than 12 for many accounts, great for some, but not for others. Now it looks like many players are stuck with not being able to make any new characters because you arbitrarily filled slots that we never would have filled, we don't need 4 Bounty Hunters on one server for instance, 2 BH and 2 Troopers of the right AC sure, but you took the choice away from us. I don't see any option in the Cartel market to buy more slots, and it seems like F2P will get 2 and everyone else will get 12 (extrapolating from the 10 extra slots mentioned on PTS load screen) do you expect us to delete a high lvl character who may have some special non transferable items in order to make a character we want on our main server just because our other characters were arbitrarily all put together? do you expect us to pay to transfer them to another server to make room? transfers are also a feature not available in the cartel market. please address the question of character slots, others have asked about them as well and we need clarification. Thank you.

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 05:48 PM | #110
How will we be able to purchase Cartel Coins, and what kind of pricing scale do you have in mind for them?