Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pazaak yes? But....


Bojangle's Avatar


Bojangle
10.23.2012 , 11:21 AM | #1
I know everyone wants Pazaak and I am sure they will add it in time or at least they said it is on the table but something I haven't seen anyone discuss is to expanding on it. What I mean is I think a huge addition would be to make that casino in Nar Shadar an active casino. Just that one area where all the games are. So maybe not only add Pazaak but add other types of games from slots to maybe new types of games or there is that craps looking table also I always see.

I just think doing something like would be a blast. I know I could spend some hours just gambling. Just thought I would bring this up because that last event we had we had to go through that casino and I always kept thinking how cool it would be if you could actually play all those games (besides just Pazaak) and having that as an active casino.

If it is a dumb idea then fine, but wanted to see if anyone else would want to spend time gambling on more games besides just pazaak.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Codle's Avatar


Codle
10.23.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
I very much like this idea. It's something very different, that I don't imagine would be too hard for BW to implement, but something I imagine a lot of people would enjoy. Bit of a change of pace from the rest of the game!

Something I would personally love to see, good shout!

Bennis's Avatar


Bennis
10.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #3
As someone who works for a casino, this is a bad idea for a game especially when there are younger children playing the game, and the fact that it is gambling.

Big no no.

There is a reason it didn't come with pazaak, gambling against the NPCs in KOTOR is one thing, against real people in SWTOR a whole other area.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
10.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bojangle View Post
I know everyone wants Pazaak and I am sure they will add it in time or at least they said it is on the table but something I haven't seen anyone discuss is to expanding on it. What I mean is I think a huge addition would be to make that casino in Nar Shadar an active casino. Just that one area where all the games are. So maybe not only add Pazaak but add other types of games from slots to maybe new types of games or there is that craps looking table also I always see.
Cool idea. Being Nar Shadaa, maybe it could be an interfaction casino?

PS - I still click on that lit card table near the beginning of Essels/Black Talon every time, just in case they snuck in playability.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

FlippinFlapJack's Avatar


FlippinFlapJack
10.23.2012 , 11:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bennis View Post
As someone who works for a casino, this is a bad idea for a game especially when there are younger children playing the game, and the fact that it is gambling.

Big no no.

There is a reason it didn't come with pazaak, gambling against the NPCs in KOTOR is one thing, against real people in SWTOR a whole other area.
I think it would be player vs house.

I will also have fun reading all the rage posts about how someone blew 2 million credits gambeling it away and blames BW/EA for rigging the game and stealing their money.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Bennis's Avatar


Bennis
10.23.2012 , 11:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
I think it would be player vs house.

I will also have fun reading all the rage posts about how someone blew 2 million credits gambeling it away and blames BW/EA for rigging the game and stealing their money.
And that will be why it wont be put in. Though if they put in "Crates" and make you get "Keys" it will be a sad day for this MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.

yoshua's Avatar


yoshua
10.23.2012 , 11:37 AM | #7
agreed.

also allow player gambling with eachother at pazaak or other games.

whole heartedly approve
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Lord_Ravenhurst's Avatar


Lord_Ravenhurst
10.23.2012 , 11:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bennis View Post
As someone who works for a casino, this is a bad idea for a game especially when there are younger children playing the game, and the fact that it is gambling.

Big no no.

There is a reason it didn't come with pazaak, gambling against the NPCs in KOTOR is one thing, against real people in SWTOR a whole other area.
Arenanet should be sued in a class action lawsuit for their key/treasure chest real money gambling.

Pazzak is not even close to gambling with ingame credits in a fictional sci fi casino.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
10.23.2012 , 11:40 AM | #9
Playing against other players is fine, as long as the currency or points you accrue is used for innocuous things, not things that would be considered to have cash or any other monetary value.

PotCO has poker against NPCs and other players, games you can join at any time, and the winnings are in coins, the game's currency. So far they have had no problems from state or federal government, but that could change in the future.

If you do have some kind of winnings, best to make it money for pure fluff items...like special emotes, color buffs, sound changes for weapons....and if they ever allow us to decorate the interiors of our ships they could offer interior decorations this way.

Of course you can have rankings and treat it like PVP, only with cards. So one could offer experience.

Bennis's Avatar


Bennis
10.23.2012 , 11:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Arenanet should be sued in a class action lawsuit for their key/treasure chest real money gambling.

Pazzak is not even close to gambling with ingame credits in a fictional sci fi casino.
Its still a blurry line with the fact that credits can be bought/sold in most MMOs even if its against the ToS.

I personally don't want to see gambling in SWTOR as it will degrade the game socially.

Crafting needs a revamp SWG style
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.