Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey Crashy, what ya doin

NickelNine
10.23.2012 , 09:59 AM | #1
So This has Been A recurring problem since a little while after launch for me and i believe that many others have also posted on this particular problem too. Mainly its while leveling for some reason and not so much at endgame, but my game randomly crashes to desktop without warning. It happens mid fight, starting a convo, or just moving around a world. I've submitted reports in the past. From what i can see so have many other people. I dont mind the non sensical everyday bugs but this is just annoying now. Its been almost a year and this still isnt fixed. Any options on what i can do, because the last time i wrote in on this nothing was done to resolve it.

Eszi
10.23.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
It's a Feature™
Also, it is your fault, the game's engine is a technological marvel and is Working™ As™ Intended™

Nodulo
10.23.2012 , 10:01 AM | #3
Clearly it's client end, despite a bajillion, yes a bajillion comments in the customer service forum.

Eszi
10.23.2012 , 10:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nodulo View Post
Clearly it's client end, despite a bajillion, yes a bajillion comments in the customer service forum.
stop trolling

Darth_Victus
10.23.2012 , 10:07 AM | #5
I can honestly say I have not had this issue at all since launch.

Anytime I get kicked from the game it was because of something on my end. Like my norton popping up at the worst times.

SeeSpotRun
10.23.2012 , 10:24 AM | #6
Yesterday I had a weird problem where my game would go to the desktop. It didn't crash, it just acted the same way as if I had hit alt-tab. Other than that, the only crashing problem I've had is when I quit the the game it will lock up 8 out of 10 times. I think this is because I switched to a Mac using bootcamp, because I didn't have this problem on my old PC.

Bojangle
10.23.2012 , 10:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SeeSpotRun View Post
Yesterday I had a weird problem where my game would go to the desktop. It didn't crash, it just acted the same way as if I had hit alt-tab. Other than that, the only crashing problem I've had is when I quit the the game it will lock up 8 out of 10 times. I think this is because I switched to a Mac using bootcamp, because I didn't have this problem on my old PC.
Actually this has happened to me a couple times. Nothing that really bothers me because it happens so rarely and when it does it usually only does it once for me but yeah it just minimizes itself out of the blue heh. Thought it was just me.
(•)≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

NinjaApacHe
10.23.2012 , 10:29 AM | #8
Since Early Access I think i crashed 3 times that means a program average crash.

RazielHex
10.23.2012 , 10:57 AM | #9
Client crashes are usually the cause of either driver-based conflicts, or bad memory address derefencing.

Foobert
10.23.2012 , 11:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NickelNine View Post
So This has Been A recurring problem since a little while after launch for me and i believe that many others have also posted on this particular problem too. Mainly its while leveling for some reason and not so much at endgame, but my game randomly crashes to desktop without warning. It happens mid fight, starting a convo, or just moving around a world. I've submitted reports in the past. From what i can see so have many other people. I dont mind the non sensical everyday bugs but this is just annoying now. Its been almost a year and this still isnt fixed. Any options on what i can do, because the last time i wrote in on this nothing was done to resolve it.
You're running the game on a 32bit OS and you either don't have enough ram or you aren't giving 3gb of user memory to applications. (http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_pape...ows-vista.html)