Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trying to understand "Bonus Healing"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Trying to understand "Bonus Healing"

Phill
10.23.2012 , 09:47 AM | #1
I am trying to maximize my healing as a Sage, I have a full set of Black Hole gear for DPS (Force Lord) and a full set of Rakata (Force Mystic) with some Black Hole mods..I have both Black Hole healer and dps implants, belt, and gloves...I am currently using a Rakata ear piece..for both dps and heals.

I've been mix and matching pieces to try and get my "Healing" bonus to exceed my "Damage Bonus" under the force abilites screen of my character. However, this seems impossible. The best I have come up with is that my damage bonus is around 900 and my healing bonus is around 600, no matter what pieces I swap out..any time my damage bonus goes down so does the healing bonus.

It seems that the healing bonus is x percent of damage bonus and I'll never be able to get my healing bonus to exceed my damage bonus.

Is this a a true statement?
"General, surely there must be SOMEBODY left who needs some killing, or some killing done for them."......."Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all. "

Quraswren
10.23.2012 , 11:50 AM | #2
It could be a gradual curve and the lines of data may cross at some point.

I know as a healer, I'm setting at around 780 bonus healing and that puts me over 1000 bonus damage. The 2 may intersect at some point but I don't think we can reach it with current gear and it may not be possible at all.

I know I'm not going to work up a chart to figure it out though.

Kitru
10.23.2012 , 02:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phill View Post
Is this a a true statement?
Yes, Bonus Healing and Bonus Damage are both linear functions of Willpower and Power (each multiplied by a separate value) wherein Bonus Healing is *always* roughly 66% of your Bonus Damage. There is never a way to get your Bonus Healing above your Bonus Damage (keeping further in mind that Bonus Damage for Force/Tech is going to be different than Bonus Damage for melee/ranged thanks to the additional F/T Power on MH/OH) because anything that increases or decreases your Bonus Healing (Power, primary attribute, Force/Tech Power) will also increase or decrease your Bonus Damage.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Phill
10.23.2012 , 03:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Yes, Bonus Healing and Bonus Damage are both linear functions of Willpower and Power (each multiplied by a separate value) wherein Bonus Healing is *always* roughly 66% of your Bonus Damage. There is never a way to get your Bonus Healing above your Bonus Damage (keeping further in mind that Bonus Damage for Force/Tech is going to be different than Bonus Damage for melee/ranged thanks to the additional F/T Power on MH/OH) because anything that increases or decreases your Bonus Healing (Power, primary attribute, Force/Tech Power) will also increase or decrease your Bonus Damage.
Which then leads to my next question..To keep my non buffed crit around 35%, Multipler around 70%, and find the best Bonus Damage and Healing power..I'm finding myself mixing Force Lord gear with Force Mystic..for optimal numbers..

As a DPS sage the set bonus is a joke..not worth matching the set but for healing having the extra 50 force points and healing trance reduced is worth the set bonus..

For example...(not sure exact matching..but this gives an idea) having force lord on, ear piece, implants, wrist, belt, and off hand...and yet keeping mystic as head, hands, boots, chest, gloves..seem to be a good set for dps as well because a configuration like this seems to produce the greatest bonus damage..

So having the greatest numbers for "healing" also gives the greatest numbers for damage? Why would this be?
"General, surely there must be SOMEBODY left who needs some killing, or some killing done for them."......."Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all. "

Kitru
10.23.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
So having the greatest numbers for "healing" also gives the greatest numbers for damage? Why would this be?
Getting the optimal gear loadout isn't mutually exclusive with getting the proper set bonuses. Just makes sure you use shells with the set bonuses you want and drop in armorings that don't have the improper set bonus attached to 'em (not set gear like Black Hole is awesome for this; else you can just buy or craft the armoring). You'll get the full suite of Resolve armorings that you want with all of the set bonuses you want.

It's important to remember that mods and enhancements have nothing to do with set bonuses. The only thing that can matter is the shell and the armoring, keeping in mind that the armoring takes precedence over the shell (so you don't wanna put DPS armorings into a healing shell because you'll get the DPS set bonus instead).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

GeneralDefault
10.23.2012 , 05:30 PM | #6
Which then leads to my next question..To keep my non buffed crit around 35%, Multipler around 70%, and find the best Bonus Damage and Healing power..I'm finding myself mixing Force Lord gear with Force Mystic..for optimal numbers..
You're not looking for a percentage to have your crit at, your looking for the crit rating. Crit percentage comes from 3 places: crit rating from gear, crit chance increase from main stat, and crit chance increases from the skill tree. Your skill tree additions don't add to you DR, and your main stat DR is theorized to be anywhere from 10k main stat to 25K main stat. Where the actually DR comes in is from crit rating, which starts to get DR around 300 (if I'm not mistaken). In heal spec I was able to get close to 40% crit chance, where as in TK or Balance spec I'm around 35%. Each of the four main specs (Seer, TK, Balance, Hybrid DPS) has a different crit rating they should stack to.

You're surge should almost always be around 75%. The only exception to this (as much as I've researched) is the TK spec, which favors more alacrity than the other specs due to it's abundance of force and cast heavy rotation.

And just to make sure I explain as much as possible, there are two tiers of stats. Mods come with Main stat, Endurance, and a tier 1 stat. Enhancements come with Endurance, a tier 1 stat, and a tier 2 stat. Tier 1 stats include power, crit, defense, and absorbtion. Tier 2 stats include surge, alacrity, accuracy, and shield. Given this info you can only ever trade power for crit (or vice-versa) and surge for alacrity (or vice-versa). Keep this in mind as you are trying to spec out your gear.

In terms of set bonuses, I know when I healed I preferred the 2 piece PVP and the 2 piece PVE set bonuses. The extra 50 force of the 4 piece PVE healing set is nice, but as long as you are executing your rotation correctly you will never run out of force. In DPS spec I roll with the 4 piece Masters. In TK the extra alacrity is pretty important. It also helps in the hybrid DPS spec since you cast tk throw so often.
<Level Capped> The Bastion
Pnzer 50 Vanguard / / Pain'reliever 50 Sage / /
Fauxsho 50 Gunslinger / / Panzr 50 Guardian / / Pan 50 Operative / / Pan 50 Marauder