Flashpoints vs. Heroics vs. Waypoints vs. Warzones

ObsidianVashti

So I have had the opportunity to do a few missions or fights within most of these types. But I'm confused as to is there

any real difference between these mission types. It seems some are built pre-dominantly for social groups (such as Heroic 4 [designed for four players]) However some are repeatable and others are not. Anyone who is willing to give me a low-down of all the details of each is that would be helpful. (Have not done Warzone yet). (Am pretty new to MMOs also)

Are they merely designed so that once one is level 50 and done with the story, that they can come back to the various planets to continue or re-do various group quests?

Thanks!

Edited by ObsidianVashti

flashpoints = raids. they all have their own independent story and tend to last about an hour for a regular group. some are longer than others. they have their own specific "dungeons". you can get special gear that only drops in FPs if you run them. they are repeatable.

heroics = harder side quests. these are more like planet quests you get, except harder and with slightly better rewards. unlike flashpoints, these are completed on the planets that you obtain them (like all the other planet quests). these are also repeatable.

not sure what a waypoint is.

warzones = team pvp matches. they all have their own maps (and goals) and you compete with and against other players from both factions. very repeatable.

Edited by happysister

flashpoints = raids. they all have their own independent story and tend to last about an hour for a regular group. some are longer than others. they have their own specific "dungeons". you can get special gear that only drops in FPs if you run them. they are repeatable.

heroics = harder side quests. these are more like planet quests you get, except harder and with slightly better rewards. unlike flashpoints, these are completed on the planets that you obtain them (like all the other planet quests). these are also repeatable.

not sure what a waypoint is.

warzones = team pvp matches. they all have their own maps (and goals) and you compete with and against other players from both factions. very repeatable.

@happysister Thanks!

I've been thinking about Halo 4 a lot lately so I may have accidentally put in Waypoint, I thought there was something with that my bad.

For Warzones, do you just que up and it selects a random map or something, or how does it work with where you currently are in the story? Do you appear on a new planet/area, and then are just returned to where you were before the Warzone? Ultimately it sounds kinda like an all-out Battle Royale...

@happysister Thanks!

I've been thinking about Halo 4 a lot lately so I may have accidentally put in Waypoint, I thought there was something with that my bad.

For Warzones, do you just que up and it selects a random map or something, or how does it work with where you currently are in the story? Do you appear on a new planet/area, and then are just returned to where you were before the Warzone? Ultimately it sounds kinda like an all-out Battle Royale...

warzones have nothing to do with where you are in your story. just que on up and it'll stick you in a random group on a random map. it's side content like space missions are, though they do have ranked warzone matches for those who are more competitive. when the warzone is completed, it sends you back to where you were when you hit "join". the warzones have a little more strategy and require a little more coordination than your average melee. i kinda like them (and this is coming from someone who normally doesn't do pvp).

you're welcome. ^^