Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

Justacocrop
05.16.2012 , 08:53 PM | #251
I haven't personally been able utilize this, but making an incomplete pass resets the ball to the center, which in some cases would be better than letting the enemy have it. This would be best used if you don't have anyone to pass to and you're not making it out alive.

funkiestj
05.17.2012 , 12:50 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Justacocrop View Post
I haven't personally been able utilize this, but making an incomplete pass resets the ball to the center, which in some cases would be better than letting the enemy have it. This would be best used if you don't have anyone to pass to and you're not making it out alive.
if
  • you are in the pit near your own goal
  • you have nobody to pass or leap to
  • you have a teammate next to the reset
then intentional grounding is the fastest way to advance the ball. It is particularly good if more enemies are in the pit with you than friendlies as they now have a lot of ground to cover to reach the action.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DroidDreamer
05.19.2012 , 05:10 PM | #253
Bravo! I agree with so much of this guide. It's nice to see others think the same things in terms of strategy, roles, tactics, etc.

NoaFlux
05.26.2012 , 02:21 PM | #254
Wow...i thought this was another post but i guess i was wrong.

This is a really great Warzone article! I learned a couple things! Thanks!

Geawiel
05.27.2012 , 12:26 PM | #255
Learn to lead your team mate when passing. If you're getting focused as a BC, start looking for open team mates. If they're running your can lead them and they can catch the ball running. I've done this multiple times and, it's always resulted in a score. A running team mate is less likely to be noticed by the opposing team as most recievers stand still and face the BC. It also gives the opposite team less time to react to the new BC. By the time they do, the new BC is usually long gone.
Rest is good for the blood....and your rest shall be eternal!

Kourage
05.28.2012 , 10:10 AM | #257
They really need to give you the Pass Ball ability as soon as you enter. My character did not get the ability until after I picked up the ball for the 1st time and I had trouble finding it on my bar. The 1st time I ever played, I didn't even know to look for it. I was trying to figure out what button to press, sort of like playing Tribes CTF.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Antimate
05.28.2012 , 07:27 PM | #258
Asking myself too if the air-vent jump to the first platform was removed..

enderlock
06.13.2012 , 05:25 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Highcommander View Post
THAT would be amazing if that is the case, I will try to test this... can you do some testing to find out for sure?
they blow u away from the ball if a ball carrier is in the mid it will blow u back into the mid if it is being carried to ur goal it will blow u towards their goal and so on

Chpappa
06.21.2012 , 01:43 AM | #260
I still don't like Hutt ball and I would do anything to have the ability to not play it! Someone times I just get on and restart the computer if I see Hutt ball and don't even play after that.

Lvl 50 Sniper

Sniper is not fun to play in Hutt Ball