Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

Belliosus
02.14.2012 , 06:39 PM | #171
nice guide m8

Znjot
02.14.2012 , 10:46 PM | #172
If you are consular or inquisitor u can force speed through green stuff to get the ball or speed through fire as well to score.

another trick for sorc and probly sages is in the spoiler area since it gives away a few things.
Spoiler

my 2 cents on the subject

Serroturkio
02.15.2012 , 03:13 AM | #173
BEOWARE please do something for "leavers" of WZ. Some die first time and leave the WZ which makes others in very difficult game. Every day, I have to play 10-13 WZ matched to be able to win 3 daily games. its just because of leavers. Most matches I do not even know if we can get the win, because my team is 1 less most of the time...
there is good idea of making the wins Daily comms or WZ comms instead of match wins...
or once player enter to war zone they shall not exit area until the game ends or something...

venjinze
02.15.2012 , 09:09 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Serroturkio View Post
BEOWARE please do something for "leavers" of WZ. Some die first time and leave the WZ which makes others in very difficult game. Every day, I have to play 10-13 WZ matched to be able to win 3 daily games. its just because of leavers. Most matches I do not even know if we can get the win, because my team is 1 less most of the time...
there is good idea of making the wins Daily comms or WZ comms instead of match wins...
or once player enter to war zone they shall not exit area until the game ends or something...
how is this relevant to the thread?
I'm a beast.

Mojodisho
02.15.2012 , 08:51 PM | #175
Huttball
game specificly designed for sorc/sages.
Usually won by the team with most inquisitors (take a hint, bioware)
Inquisitors are the most broken, unbalanced and biggest blunder ever to go live in a mmo.
explained pretty well here in this post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302206

pavelmatejka
02.16.2012 , 03:51 AM | #176
Hey there great guide helped me to understeand it before my first match. One sugestion thou you could mention pass is in your abilities menu. Had some ppl asking where it is. Peace out.

Gornish
02.16.2012 , 12:38 PM | #177
Play a Sorc/Sage - reap wins

Elwacko
02.16.2012 , 02:10 PM | #178
until class balances are implemented in Huttball, it's a broken WZ. Character manipulation = win. WIthout any form of character manipulation, this WZ will always favor Imperials.

SnakeAes
02.16.2012 , 05:44 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Barbie View Post
Another quick question (that occurred to me after trying some WZ's last night). I got the ball passed to me, and quickly passed it on to another player in front of me, but I was wondering (because everything moves SO fast) if I was the person nearest to the goal, and needed to try to score, is there anywhere I can find a map/pics/video of exactly how to run up and score?

Luckily, I only got the ball twice, and the first time I was killed immediately, since the enemy passed me the ball when I had 6% health left. I figure though, that as I level up and get a little better at this there will come a time when I need to take the ball and run/score. I don't want to be horribly unprepared in that event.
When you get the ball, you need to run into the Endzone of the OPPOSING team. So if you're on Yellow, you need to run into the Purple endzone and vice versa. There are only three direct paths to the endzone and they are all from the catwalks. There is a pit below the catwalks that has no direct path into the endzone unless you have an ability that moves you to an ally/enemy, or an ally uses a pull on you to get you out of the pit.

The fastest way to get to the endzone is to take the top catwalk until it turns, then drop down to the lower catwalk and run straight to the goal line.

Also, please remember to pass if someone is ahead of you or if you are about to die.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elwacko View Post
until class balances are implemented in Huttball, it's a broken WZ. Character manipulation = win. WIthout any form of character manipulation, this WZ will always favor Imperials.
Care to explain?
勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win." - The Art of War

Boovi
02.16.2012 , 11:58 PM | #180
This is a really good guide, well done. I wish more people would read this because a majority of PUGs don't understand even basic strategy.
Jayti
Sentinel PVP Videos
youtube.com/jt33gaming