Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
HuttBall 101 - A Player Guide

bhunter
01.24.2012 , 04:34 PM | #121
I'm so bored of playing Hutt Ball, every time you want to play some pvp, that will be always Hutt Ball, it may be easier for game designers that one has to choose the pvp-maps you want to enter, no I do not believe it is so difficult to fix such a think in the game.
Of all those games that i played in pvp, I have played 96% Hutt Ball, something must be done for us who do not want to play Hutt Ball more, give me some more maps to play.

/ / best regards: bhunter
as long i get pay you have nothing wore about

BubbaSaarr
01.25.2012 , 08:04 AM | #122
I agree.

I wish they'd at least let you play one of each WZ in order then the default of sticking you in huttball. Or maybe specify which WZ you don't want to queue for.

I'd rather wait an hour and go do some questing while waiting for a different WZ then going thru yet another huttball game.

Smakuhard
01.25.2012 , 02:13 PM | #123
For those of you who hate Baron Deathmark being a tool, go to:

esc-->preferences-->sound-->turn the voice slider to 0

There IS a map indicator that tells you where the ball is.
There IS a yellow/purple beacon on top of ball carriers which can be seen from across the map.
There is NO reason to subject yourself to listening to these repetitive quotes if you do not want to.

inb4 getting flamed, but I'm sure there are some people out there who would rather not play with the sound muted completely.

CoolLeT
01.25.2012 , 06:40 PM | #124
Thanks for the guide. Stickkyy
I love using lightsaber on bread.

killa_kiaba
01.26.2012 , 04:12 PM | #125
Great guide, every body should read it.

I am sick of playing Huttball running half way to the other side with my only team members i can pass to are behind me.

Melaugh
01.27.2012 , 03:06 PM | #126
This was a very good guide, thank you very much!!

Terraten
01.27.2012 , 10:05 PM | #127
Great guide!

Not sure if it's been mentioned by other posters, but there's another couple of great tricks; one for grapple hook classes, and one for stealth classes.

If the enemy ball handler is going across the ramps, you can jump off (so that you would land in the pit) and harpoon the handler in mid air. This will hoist the handler out into thin air, and drop them into the pit.

With a stealthy partner, you can bypass the ramps altogether. You alluded to this with the addition of the Juggernaught intercede trick, but this is a little different. First, the stealthed player hides on the opposing goal line. The ball handler ignores the ramps (or tricks enemies into climbing onto it) and instead runs through the pit - dodging fire traps, precarious platforms and all sorts of concentrated dps.

When the stealthed player sees the ball approaching, he moves to the lip of the pit, decloaks, and the ball is passed to him. Result? The majority of enemies are trapped in the pit, and the ball is transferred to a full health (and fully cooldown'd) player just yards from the line.

Milco
01.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #128
The best way to defend is to have a stealthed Assassin just outside your spawn gate and have them pull the ball carrier whenever they get close to your goal thus instantly killing them.
I have reported people for doing this thinking it was an obvious exploit, but Bioware (in their infinite wisdom) has ruled that it is completely as intended.. even though there is no counter, no way to prevent it and nothing you can do about it what-so-ever.
Nelia
<Merely Immortal>
Luka Sene, Empire

pokstair
01.29.2012 , 06:11 AM | #129
It cannot be stressed enough that the team who has the ball is in control of the game.

I have seen way too many times a neutral ball situation where 2 or 3 derpmates are standing right next to the ball shooting their derprounds/herpsiles at random people and ignoring the ball.

In a classic situation just today I was low on life so I gripped the only enemy near the ball spawn so my friend at full life could take it, only to see him/her speed off into the sunset.

zgiety
01.29.2012 , 06:32 AM | #130
I would like you to add how to pass the ball. The first time I played I thought the ball gets to you target. First - it's not easy to target you teammate in a warzone, Socond - it doesn't work. I was playing a Juggernaut, and since we don't have any AoE abilities I didn't see the circle to AoE.

Still a great guide, learned a few tricks now