Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A healers rant

bravotwentysev
10.22.2012 , 10:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
I'm glad that you heal.
I've died because healers wanted to dps.
I had one time when I was barely away from death and saw that the healer was dpsing instead of healing. I even told him to heal and he didn't. Then I died.
I agree if I am appointed as healer dont expect me to DPS at all. If its a decked out tank that I know isnt a force sponge than I will cast my AOE heal than my 3 dots and go back to healing. Otherwise its heal heal heal.
Jundra Nemaim Pestilence
2 account Subscriber To bad so sad F2P whinners

ufarax
10.22.2012 , 10:38 AM | #12
Mando Raiders. Tank and DPS attacks gold, other trash attacks me. I fight and survive, at half health and half energy....as are the rest of the group. At half health they run to the next fight and die. They then say " dude why aren't you healing". I added them to ignore, text a fiery response. I then exited the area. And I felt bad afterwards.

Eyesmindassassin
10.22.2012 , 10:49 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Mando Raiders. Tank and DPS attacks gold, other trash attacks me. I fight and survive, at half health and half energy....as are the rest of the group. At half health they run to the next fight and die. They then say " dude why aren't you healing". I added them to ignore, text a fiery response. I then exited the area. And I felt bad afterwards.
Those are bad DPS. I know on my Mara I always kill adds first from weakest to strongest, the way it should be. I'm sure tanks and healers love me as I make their job so much easier. On my tank on the other hand, it seems every DPS I get grouped with jump immediately on the Elite or Champion leaving me to go round up all the adds while they tank the boss. That's backwards.

I seen someone even mention in this thread that that's why they don't do PuG's, but unfortunately for me, even my own guild is really terrible and does the same. I did a guild run with 2 alt Marauders in decent gear and boy were they bad. They stood in fire and died, they didn't kill adds at all for the most part and they even hit Enrage timers. TWO MARAUDERS IN DECENT GEAR HITTING ENRAGE TIMERS! I'm sorry, but I were on my Mara the boss would be dead long before an Enrage timer regardless of the other DPS in the Foundry.

One even kept accidentally blowing his Bloodthirst before every boss. We wiped on a few bosses and ended up wiping on HK in the Foundry quite a few times. I NEVER wipe in Foundry or on HK for that matter in PuG runs! My own guild is far worse than any PuG. What is there left for me to do in this game when this happens?

Durasturan
10.22.2012 , 11:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
What the heck is going on? Every flash point is now an adventure in insanity. I'm leveling up my operative healer, In the past week I've had to add over 20 to my ignore list. Tanks not tanking, dps tanking. Died 4 times in Athiss, on trash. Died 10 times in Mando, on trash. When I try to explain the fights "just shut up and heal". Players needing on every item, regardless of class. End of rant.
Yeah! What the hell is up with this part especially? I'm leveling up my fourth toon, an OP heals. I'm in Boarding Party and our Assassin tank needs on a +cunning item. I needed on it too, he gets it, I ask him why the heck he needed it since he's +WP and he doesn't even have a cunning companion yet (My main is a sorc so I know.) And he just goes off on me how he can use the enhancements blah blah blah...

He's a tank, the enhancements are +power, so I lost out on a super good orange item that was a huge upgrade so that our tank could pull the +power enhancement from it. I left group.

This has been happening more and more and more.

DrewFromPhilly
10.22.2012 , 11:30 AM | #15
I've kinda gotten used to this kind of thing healing HM fp for my daily. Your heals are AOE aggro so if the tank is using single target taunt and the dps hasn't touched something, its coming after you. Not sure what other heal classes do but on my operative I can still fire off kolto/surgical probes, my AOE heal, my cleanse, etc as I kite, and I can always drop a flashbang, use debilitate, droid cc, aggro dump, pop in and out of stealth, etc. If its just a weak or normal I'd probably just chuck a grenade at them then use headshot (THUNK!). Having 20k hp helps too.

I kinda see a distracted tank or undergeared/gold happy dps as a challenge though, and tbh it makes the HM more exciting for me. If I'm alive I'm gonna do everything I can to keep everyone else alive, kinda how I see it.

jeniyagyu
10.22.2012 , 11:32 AM | #16
I finally decided to roll a healer (Jedi Sage) and I was leveling with the Rep side flashpoint. I got 2 Guardians and 1 Sent. ... It was the BIGGEST Epeen fighting contest I had ever seen. All they did was yell and gripe at each other.

1 guy was needing everything, so the other three decided to need as well. (They would pass on willpower gear tho, lol).Yeah, I had to put all three on my ignore list ... It was the most horrible experience I've had ...
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

simplius
10.22.2012 , 11:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
You exude your F2P hate well. However, folks gotta sub to do more than 3 FPs a week or to do any Ops. It won't be much of a difference.
believe me,,a noob player can cause a lot of trouble i 3 raids a week,,now multiply that by the amount of

F2P players,, i still see them in STO,,joining a red alert with a lvl 7 lieutenant..if we ask them to leave,

they usually get mad and start flaming

Eillack
10.22.2012 , 12:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
Hope next patch increases the ignore list capability
I hit ignore cap the 2nd month after launch....I'd pay for ignore list increases in the F2P Store even at this point!
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

TridusSWTOR
10.22.2012 , 10:09 PM | #19
Yea I shelved my healer once I started to realize I would put 2-3 people on ignore per day. It just dawned on me that I wasn't having fun. It's mostly due to other people(AKA DPS) that don't do anything to make life easier as a healer. They break cc's, NEVER interrupt, don't manage aggro, pull before the tank, and tell the group how they should play.

Honestly I wish bioware would just give more rewards to healers/tanks, so we had some incentive to deal with these people. Also there should be some kind of reward for interrupting attacks, because then maybe DPS would learn why that skill is useful. Holy god no DPS uses interrupt...EVER.

Also people that can't be bothered to use their out of combat healing ability...that's just being lazy. You can honestly tell what group members play a healer and which ones don't.

Baptes
10.22.2012 , 10:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I hit ignore cap the 2nd month after launch....I'd pay for ignore list increases in the F2P Store even at this point!
You too? My tank alone has maxed the cap...at level 18.

My poor healer. I'd just heal friends if I had any friends left that played SWTOR.