Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Faction Balance?

Seabreeze
10.21.2012 , 09:49 PM | #1
Hey Guys and Gals,

Thinking about joining the JC server as the EU servers don't fit my times anymore. I need a main server to PvE(Ha!) and PvP on.

What's the faction balance like in PvP here? On my current server, imps tend to win more games, but pubs generally have more organized pre-made teams.

Thanks!

svalentine
10.21.2012 , 10:52 PM | #2
Imp side is much stronger pug wise and have some good ranked teams

Pub side has the best PvP guild

Second best guild has teams on both factions

Seabreeze
10.21.2012 , 11:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by svalentine View Post
Imp side is much stronger pug wise and have some good ranked teams

Pub side has the best PvP guild

Second best guild has teams on both factions
Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like it's pretty balanced overall? Anyone have experience they can share with pug and pre-made queue pops for the two sides?

I'll probably end up looking to high end guild/pre-made PvP but pugging is a decent pass time.

svalentine
10.21.2012 , 11:44 PM | #4
regular WZs pop at all times, longest I've ever waited is around 5 or 10 minutes and that only happens at 6 in the morning. Otherwise, regs pop every minute or two

rateds you can get a few every night. depends on who is queued, and how long they stay queued

Seabreeze
10.21.2012 , 11:50 PM | #5
Sounds good to me, guess I'll get a char made and get moving to 50, then I can actually start farming the gear =/

Think I'll try the Pubs here as I'm Imps on the EU server ^^

Thanks for the replies.

Ssfbistimg
10.22.2012 , 12:40 AM | #6
dont listen to him imp pugs suck. if you are looking to pug you need to roll republic. Imp side has some good guilds but there average pug group is horrible.

CivicTiger
10.22.2012 , 05:24 AM | #7
I disagree. Republic pugs right now are the worst I have ever seen them.

Chevee
10.22.2012 , 09:08 AM | #8
I also would disagree...the guilds on the Pub side tend to be better as far as PvP goes and just awful for pugging. At least recently.

Pugging seems better on the Imp side and maybe only a few decent PvP guilds.
Guild Site -- HALCYON -- Recruitment
Akyra - Commando | Loretta'Ray - Guardian
Chevee - Mercenary | Nav'ii - Sorcerer

Official Jedi Covenant Progression Site

Utopii
10.22.2012 , 09:38 AM | #9
The pugs are bad on both sides as 95% of the players that play TOR are bad. The argument on who has the worst pugs is old and stupid.

Just look at the quality of the guilds on each faction and that should help determine what you are trying to accomplish.
LD50
Lethal Dose Fifty - GM
Recruitment | Apply | Roster
www.ld-fifty.com

Ouroborica
10.22.2012 , 03:20 PM | #10
Speaking as an admittedly average player who only pugs on both sides in both the pre-50 and 50 brackets:

It depends entirely on what time of day and what day of the week you are playing. Really two or three excellent players or terrible players can totally change the entire match in either direction so it's meaningless to say one side dominates the other.