Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Qui-Gon Jinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Qui-Gon Jinn

TalonVII
10.21.2012 , 06:43 PM | #11
My belief had Qui-Gon not died, Anakin would of been completely different.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

ToEasy
10.21.2012 , 06:45 PM | #12
Good job again. Qui-Gon has always been an under rated jedi and it is good that you shed some light on him.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Aurbere
10.21.2012 , 06:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I think so too. Qui-Gon was very wise and I think he could have been the best master for him. Obi-Wan did well, but I think Qui-Gon could have been better. Plus he would have the best advice for Anakin regarding Padme's impending death, having loved and lost as well.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ToEasy
10.21.2012 , 06:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
If Qui-Gon lived then I think Anakin would have stayed a jedi.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

MasterMe
10.21.2012 , 07:31 PM | #15
Wow, there is no way I'm reading all that lol. Sorry.

Just want to chip in: Qui-gon is freaking amazing. It made him even better having Liam Neeson acting him out. He's one of my favorites.

I'm not kidding when I say that there should be a song dedicated to this character. Same goes for Obi-wan.

MasterMe
10.21.2012 , 07:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think so too. Qui-Gon was very wise and I think he could have been the best master for him. Obi-Wan did well, but I think Qui-Gon could have been better. Plus he would have the best advice for Anakin regarding Padme's impending death, having loved and lost as well.
Actually, I would disagree. I think Ani would have turned out rotten any way. But that's just my opinion.

Aurbere
10.21.2012 , 07:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Wow, there is no way I'm reading all that lol. Sorry.

Just want to chip in: Qui-gon is freaking amazing. It made him even better having Liam Neeson acting him out. He's one of my favorites.

I'm not kidding when I say that there should be a song dedicated to this character. Same goes for Obi-wan.
I would encourage you to read it as Qui-Gon's story is one of the best stories in all of Star Wars. He's very human. He's had brushes with the Dark Side and he's loved and lost. A very good story, imo.

I agree. Liam Neeson was great in TPM. He's still a very good actor.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.21.2012 , 07:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Actually, I would disagree. I think Ani would have turned out rotten any way. But that's just my opinion.
Most likely, but I think Qui-Gon could have helped Anakin come to terms with the visions he was having. Since Qui-Gon also lost a loved one. But I do believe Palpatine would have still gotten him in the end. Depends on what would happen. I think Anakin would confide in Qui-Gon if Palpatine was not available and Qui-Gon could have helped him.

Just a theory, since Qui-Gon did get killed. That would be an interesting story for Star Wars Infinites to cover, though.

fellblade
10.22.2012 , 04:11 AM | #19
Good Post.

I personally think that Qui Gon gets underrated a lot - because Maul gets underrated a lot........
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

MasterMe
10.22.2012 , 06:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I would encourage you to read it as Qui-Gon's story is one of the best stories in all of Star Wars. He's very human. He's had brushes with the Dark Side and he's loved and lost. A very good story, imo.

I agree. Liam Neeson was great in TPM. He's still a very good actor.
Alright. I'll try to read it lol.