Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

25% HP Requirement for Undying Rage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
25% HP Requirement for Undying Rage

Viraxis
10.29.2012 , 01:56 PM | #41
I (and others on my server) consider myself a good sent/marauder. I have played one (actually 2 marauder and sent) since about a month after launch. The class I most fear is a vanguard/PT especially the ones spec pyrotech. As a annihilation/watchment spec, I can win against a good VG/PT only if I have most or all of my cooldowns. Even then if they are good at kiting in that 4 to 10m rng, its very painful. When I toyed with Rage and carnage spec, there was no possible way to beat the VG/PT if they know there class and don't screw up their rotations.

Royox
11.01.2012 , 09:13 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Viraxis View Post
I (and others on my server) consider myself a good sent/marauder. I have played one (actually 2 marauder and sent) since about a month after launch. The class I most fear is a vanguard/PT especially the ones spec pyrotech. As a annihilation/watchment spec, I can win against a good VG/PT only if I have most or all of my cooldowns. Even then if they are good at kiting in that 4 to 10m rng, its very painful. When I toyed with Rage and carnage spec, there was no possible way to beat the VG/PT if they know there class and don't screw up their rotations.
How do they kite you? U have 2 slow mo, 2 jumps, Stasis, and a 30% speed buff when u in stealth. Vanguard Assault only has -30% speed reduction when our fire deals damage.

Cindikle
11.01.2012 , 10:03 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
How do they kite you? U have 2 slow mo, 2 jumps, Stasis, and a 30% speed buff when u in stealth. Vanguard Assault only has -30% speed reduction when our fire deals damage.
Your energy shield when talented for pvp breaks our snare.
Use your AoE stun for a gap closer
One of those jumps is a min range of 10m unless you're anni spec. Not hard to fit in, but that's still time they're trying to get in range while you're blasting away.
Always be moving, If you're moving when they start Ravage and don't stop, you will not only out range that last hit, but out range the marauder.
Stasis itself is weak damage. Again if you keep moving you can avoid the Smash that would come after. Even with it's improved activation speed.

It's not about keeping us between 4m-10m the whole time. It's about doing it most of the time while putting out your max dps. That's where you take the lead.