Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

25% HP Requirement for Undying Rage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
25% HP Requirement for Undying Rage

AsiriusNazriel
10.24.2012 , 07:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Kitable range vs your 2 Leaps and crush and another slow mo skill and your +30% speed buff when u are invisibru......yeeeeeeeeah, kitable.

Those "PT" u know surelly are using the "Tactics" (republic side) tree witch has 1 skill that allows the Vanguard/PT to run more and cannot be slowed. I'm not using that tree and I can't use it now cause my WH gear is focused on Assault.
No the PTs are using the damage over time tree, the Pyrotech tree, not the middle Tactics trees. It is the same as your Assault tree.

Oh ok so you're exclusively talking about the Focus/Rage spec, gotcha. I was under the assumption that you meant Sents/Maras in general. In that case my answer is very simple, you should be able to solo 1v1 any Focus/Rage Mara/Sent or Jugg/Guard... period!

If you can't solo a Rage Marauder then it is a L2P issue. You're right, you probably won't be able to kite a Rage/Focus spec. You should most definitely be able to kill them 1on1, if not then it's a skill issue.

I consider Carnage & Rage as cannon fodder without a pocket healer, very low opinion of their survivability. Good PTs destroy Rage spec 1on1. Can't make it any more clear than that.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Royox
10.25.2012 , 04:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
No the PTs are using the damage over time tree, the Pyrotech tree, not the middle Tactics trees. It is the same as your Assault tree.

Oh ok so you're exclusively talking about the Focus/Rage spec, gotcha. I was under the assumption that you meant Sents/Maras in general. In that case my answer is very simple, you should be able to solo 1v1 any Focus/Rage Mara/Sent or Jugg/Guard... period!

If you can't solo a Rage Marauder then it is a L2P issue. You're right, you probably won't be able to kite a Rage/Focus spec. You should most definitely be able to kill them 1on1, if not then it's a skill issue.

I consider Carnage & Rage as cannon fodder without a pocket healer, very low opinion of their survivability. Good PTs destroy Rage spec 1on1. Can't make it any more clear than that.

Everybody says "you shouuld be able to kill them" but nobody remembers they can deal +6k Dmg every time they use Smash -.-

AsiriusNazriel
10.25.2012 , 01:50 PM | #23
Everybody says "you shouuld be able to kill them" but nobody remembers they can deal +6k Dmg every time they use Smash -.-
Everyone knows about the monster Smash/Forcesweep, if you can't get past that then it sounds like a personal problem.

Chemic_al
10.25.2012 , 03:32 PM | #24
That's not true, you are certainly doing it wrong. Again, I know at least 4 PTs off top of my head that can kite any Mara/Sent (minus myself).
So, not sure if you can see the paradox you throw up here.

On the one hand you say "L2P, a powertech can kite a mara" then on the other you say "except me," which I'm sure reading between the lines of your own bragging, means that presumably because you have L2P a mara, and thus there is nothing they can do at all, because you know you have enough anti-kiting tools to stop it happening.

So clearly, what you are saying is that mara's can't be kited by powertechs assuming perfect play, and thus it isn't a L2P issue.

Of course, having stated a powertech has a knockback, one wonders whether we should be seeking advice from you in the first place.

In any case, maras are a broken class, amazing dps coupled with amazing defensive CDs, that aren't even needed in PvE, and even less so for PvP, to maintain some sort of balance between classes. But that's another issue.

AsiriusNazriel
10.25.2012 , 05:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
So, not sure if you can see the paradox you throw up here.

On the one hand you say "L2P, a powertech can kite a mara" then on the other you say "except me," which I'm sure reading between the lines of your own bragging, means that presumably because you have L2P a mara, and thus there is nothing they can do at all, because you know you have enough anti-kiting tools to stop it happening.

So clearly, what you are saying is that mara's can't be kited by powertechs assuming perfect play, and thus it isn't a L2P issue.

Of course, having stated a powertech has a knockback, one wonders whether we should be seeking advice from you in the first place.

In any case, maras are a broken class, amazing dps coupled with amazing defensive CDs, that aren't even needed in PvE, and even less so for PvP, to maintain some sort of balance between classes. But that's another issue.
I use a very unconventional approach in PVP such that I rarely use Ravage, whereas the majority of Mara/Sent players swear by how incredibly powerful it is. Yeah it hits hard, but when you allow your opponent to break 4m range, as a 4m melee you're screwed and allow good players to kite you. I get kited enough, I just try to limit those opportunities for my opponents. Secondly I am an anomoly on my server as other Maras don't quite pull my numbers. I've posted a thread on my server forums to help my fellow players get better at being Annihilation spec and to create a dialogue for players on my server, without trolling. This thread was moved to the general Marauder forum by a mod. I am far from an elitist and try to help fellow players get better. This was why I argued for kiting because that is the only way to beat a 4m melee class. The elite level PTs that I run premades with can do this to pretty much any player on my server. My guild held a 1v1 tourney about a month ago where me and a fellow guildie PT had an extremely close result. I beat him 3 times, he beat me 2wice. It was literally me, him, me, him, me. It is very do-able.

I never said Maras can't be kited, I said the opposite.

Stop blowing your stuns and knockbacks. Trigger happy fingers make for a dead toon.
That is my original quote. It wasn't referencing Vanguards or PTs, it was referencing players who blow their abilities and are left defenseless. Could be Sages or Assassins or Mercs, it doesn't matter, it was referencing general poor PVP play. I can understand if you never read that or linked the two together.

Finally, Maras/Sents are not OP. The majority are bads, it is a complex class to play well, similarly to Madness Assassins. The problem is that players refuse to learn how to kite, players refuse to play evasively, players refuse to unbind backpeddle, players refuse to strafe, players refuse to use the mouse for navigation. This in addition to having a gaming mouse and a fundamental understanding of rotations and abilitiy combinations, poor execution of cooldowns, and often inexperience.

That's the bottom line. As a PT or Vanguard or Madness-Assassin or Balance-Shadow, you are a 10m range class. If you can't kite at 10m it is STRICTLY l2p. Plenty of amazing PTs, but few Madness Assassins because they have a very complex and intensive rotation (very rare to see elite Madness Assassin PVP), who own melee classes. Learn to kite. Don't stand still. Unbind backpeddle. Rebind A and D to strafe left and strafe right. And learn to keep the melee classes out of 4m and within 10m range. I can't make it any clearer than that. If you continue to QQ and refuse to become a better player, that is on you. I can only give you so much advice to beat a Mara. It is ridiculous that you guys are refusing to kite. ***? You want a E Z WIN button? A 10k railshot? Go practice kiting.

You know what I did with my buddy who rolled a hybrid Sorc, the bane of my melee class, I went to the Outlaw's Den and we spent a couple of sessions with me getting stunlocked and attempting to kill him. Suffice to say he dies at my hands alot now, hybrid spec or not. Less QQ, more Pew Pew. Go out there and get better! I'm f-ing cheering for you guys to get better.

Royox
10.25.2012 , 08:31 PM | #26
That's the bottom line. As a PT or Vanguard or Madness-Assassin or Balance-Shadow, you are a 10m range class. If you can't kite at 10m it is STRICTLY l2p. Plenty of amazing PTs, but few Madness Assassins because they have a very complex and intensive rotation (very rare to see elite Madness Assassin PVP), who own melee classes. Learn to kite. Don't stand still. Unbind backpeddle. Rebind A and D to strafe left and strafe right. And learn to keep the melee classes out of 4m and within 10m range. I can't make it any clearer than that. If you continue to QQ and refuse to become a better player, that is on you. I can only give you so much advice to beat a Mara. It is ridiculous that you guys are refusing to kite. ***? You want a E Z WIN button? A 10k railshot? Go practice kiting.
Again. How can I kite with my vanguard a class that haves 2 jumps, 1 +30% speed boost, 2 Slow-mo skills? I don't have sprints or **** to run more. U have 3 skills to reach me and 2 to make me move slower.

I only have Cryo nade and Mental Surge as Stunning Skills. 1 has to be used when u use that "can't kill me skill" the other EVERY VANGUARD says "when he jumps at you" so I have no stuns for kiting.

I swear if this is a L2P problem plz explain what to do in vanguard's thread cause there nobody knows what to do.

AIRCONGO
10.26.2012 , 08:24 AM | #27
Again. How can I kite with my vanguard a class that haves 2 jumps, 1 +30% speed boost, 2 Slow-mo skills? I don't have sprints or **** to run more. U have 3 skills to reach me and 2 to make me move slower.

I only have Cryo nade and Mental Surge as Stunning Skills. 1 has to be used when u use that "can't kill me skill" the other EVERY VANGUARD says "when he jumps at you" so I have no stuns for kiting.

I swear if this is a L2P problem plz explain what to do in vanguard's thread cause there nobody knows what to do.
We only get 2 Gap closers in Rage. You should easily kill a rage spec as its minimal survivability. Just cc us when we use undying...plenty good vanguards on our server who use cc when maras pop it. Plus why would you want us to use it at 25%? that'll just cause more people to qq that we are cheap using it against other classes executes...
Gallows / Swolldaddy / Droptek

AsiriusNazriel
10.26.2012 , 09:24 AM | #28

Vanguards/PTs have a shorter TTK than Rage/Focus spec. You should be able to kill one in a 1v1 situation. If you can't then it is either gear, l2p, or a combination of the two. Rage/Focus is only percieved as OP when you have people on your team bunching up in groups and you get 2-3 of these guys AOEing everyone into respawn, otherwise the spec is squishy and can be burned down pretty fast.

Royox
10.26.2012 , 12:13 PM | #29
Vanguards/PTs have a shorter TTK than Rage/Focus spec. You should be able to kill one in a 1v1 situation. If you can't then it is either gear, l2p, or a combination of the two. Rage/Focus is only percieved as OP when you have people on your team bunching up in groups and you get 2-3 of these guys AOEing everyone into respawn, otherwise the spec is squishy and can be burned down pretty fast.
How can i know if a Mara/jugg is Rage? I only know when they use Crush on me :_________

RankorSSGS
10.26.2012 , 12:52 PM | #30
How can i know if a Mara/jugg is Rage? I only know when they use Crush on me :_________
That right there is your problem. I'll give you a hint: look up the icon for sii cho form.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion