Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP Partner re-roll

Mando
10.24.2012 , 06:49 PM | #31
Looks like we've started something here, this is great to see. And best of luck to everyone who is not able to participate in this! One last thing I'd like to discuss before I make our groups and get this thing rolling.There is a problem with starting, say a group of four Jedi, and this is because of class quest phases. If we all wanted to do Jedi, we'd probably split it up as two Knights, and two Consulars. But! Every time we came up to a class quest phase we'd have to play through the whole thing twice to get it to update for each player. Not really a huge problem but it would create continuity problems for our own stories. We can't have one Knight save Mr. Whoever and the other Knight kill him and then try to RP about that. So... This is my idea, shoot it down if you want... But we have six people, it would be easiest to split us up as four, and two. That way with our four we can have both Jedi, Smuggler and Trooper, and then meet up on Coruscant. Splitting us up 3 and 3 would mean having two of the same class together, hence the problem I stated above.

Unless we can come up with something else, it's probably got to be 4 and 2, and then try and all RP together whenever we can. Although it gets harder to RP with more people, because everyone is trying to post at once and it's not like play-by-post on here where you can have that. I'm sure we can work something out though, we'll get the hang of it. Thoughts?

I really like the idea of updating this weekly! If we do the 4 and 2 group that would really help. Hope to get this started pretty soon

shadowdemon
10.24.2012 , 07:02 PM | #32
Splitting the group 4-2 isn't bad, per say... But, if we could try to pull two more people in somehow, that would be great. I just don't want the group of two to fade away, that would be ultra sad if it happened!

As for the group roles, I think having a Jedi Knight, Consular, Smuggler and Trooper would be best. It would allow to experience different stories. While it would be fun to all roll as Jedis or Troopers, I think the RP would benefit more and have a more dynamic effect over all with the group of four playing the various classes. And, like Mando said, it wouldn't cause any sort of confusion on the RP with people playing the same classes.
The Nau'ur Legacy
The Ebon Hawk: Brankilo Nau'ur (Powertech)
Jaasdak Flurr (Scoundrel)
Skerroj (Assassin)

bunglermoose
10.24.2012 , 08:43 PM | #33
I think one character from each basic class would be the best idea -- Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Trooper. Let's see if we can't get two more folks involved... maybe if we offer some sort of dessert pastry?

LostInReverie
10.24.2012 , 09:22 PM | #34
Yes, two groups of four sounds like a good idea to me. Having only 2 people in one group might not be as fun...and it might fizzle out. Anyway, I've decided I'd like to play a female Trooper if that's all right.

By the way, I also love the idea of writing our stories up here on the forum so everyone can keep track of what is going on with the other group.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)

JIshVidal
10.25.2012 , 01:26 AM | #35
I hope we can get enough for 2 groups of 4, I think it would be great if we had two squads who kept in touch.

I don't really mind what class I play so I'm easy there. I'll go with whatever's left

Karmatree
10.25.2012 , 08:33 AM | #36
When is this starting?

What server?

Add my name to the list please. I very much want to participate.

bunglermoose
10.25.2012 , 09:03 AM | #37
Maybe we could split the groups into compatible play times. For example, we list our average play times and set up the groups according to those times. I'm available most week nights from 7 CST-midnight (Tuesdays and Wednesdays I usually don't get on until 8PM CST. Weekend days are iffy but weekend nights are usually good)

Preference-wise. I'd like to play a male Jedi Shadow

shadowdemon
10.25.2012 , 03:30 PM | #38
Time wise, I'm typically on around 6-7 U.S Central time. My days are pretty solid, I can play at any point of the week and weekend unless something comes up.

As for the class, I wouldn't mind making a Male Smuggler or Jedi Knight.
The Nau'ur Legacy
Skerroj (Assassin)

shadowdemon
10.25.2012 , 06:09 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Karmatree View Post
When is this starting?

What server?

Add my name to the list please. I very much want to participate.
There is no set date for when we will start. That is up to Mando, the OP.

We will be doing this on the Ebon Hawk server!

And, lastly, I'm sure Mando will be more than happy to add you to the list! That means just one more person to have two groups to go out!
The Nau'ur Legacy
Skerroj (Assassin)

Mando
10.25.2012 , 07:54 PM | #40
Awesome, we'll try and get one more and have two groups of four, two of each class. So, based on RP experience (No offence to anyone who hasn't RPed much, this is a great way to start and I know you'll love it!) and general availability time, I think groups will be most fun like this:

Group 1:
Mando - Pherus Redblake, Male Jedi Knight
shadowdemon - Tal'siolo, Male Smuggler
bunglermoose - Zandros, Jedi Consular
JIshVidal - Siobe, Trooper

Group 2:
AngelAlkaiser - Laerion, Smuggler
LostInReverie - Calantha, Trooper
Karmatree - Jedi Consular
Lymm - Aarovis, Jedi Knight

This is what I'm looking at right now... I don't mean to put all of the experienced RPers into one group, but look... There's 3 ways to RP, Light, Medium, and Heavy. Examples:

Light: Mando takes his pistol out and shoots Whatshisface.
Medium: Mando quickly reaches in his pocket to grab his pistol and aims it at Whatshisface's head. He pulls the trigger and Whatshisface falls on the floor dead.
Heavy: Mando slowly reaches into his tatterd pocket, he pulls out his pistol as his cold sweaty hands grip the burning hot and rough handle of the pistol...

And I'll stop there, you get the point. See, you mix up the heavys and the lights, and the lights are drowning in confusion on what to say or do, and the heavys will get bored. That's why it's best to keep more experienced players together. But I still really want the not so experienced RPers to have a great time and learn, and RP with the more experienced RPers!

Anyways, don't mean to rant or boss around. Please add any final opinions, and I will make changes accordingly. We'll start as soon as we can!