Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reactive shield SUCKS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Reactive shield SUCKS

TalonVII
10.22.2012 , 10:01 AM | #11
Not only that, if you turn on Ion cell which kicks up your armor rating by an extra 60% almost doubles your absorption and shield rating, then click on reactive shield, come on, you take almost NO DAMAGE for 12 seconds.

How bout you try using it with a shield on and Ion cell, then try to cry about how much reactive shield sucks. And ontop of it, something else i do, i hit adrenaline rush at the same time...then you really take no damage.

COME ON THINK! Use and UNDERSTAND your abilities. Took me all of a minute to figure that out.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

xxIncubixx
10.22.2012 , 10:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Not only that, if you turn on Ion cell which kicks up your armor rating by an extra 60% almost doubles your absorption and shield rating, then click on reactive shield, come on, you take almost NO DAMAGE for 12 seconds.

How bout you try using it with a shield on and Ion cell, then try to cry about how much reactive shield sucks. And ontop of it, something else i do, i hit adrenaline rush at the same time...then you really take no damage.

COME ON THINK! Use and UNDERSTAND your abilities. Took me all of a minute to figure that out.
maybe but for commando its garbage

TalonVII
10.22.2012 , 10:07 AM | #13
No kidding, commandos can't use shields. You are not supposed to really be a front line tank as a commando. You have two missions heal and supporting gunfire. Vanguards are the tanks, commandos are not. Healer and heavy gunfire with the AC.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DariusCalera
10.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #14
No kidding, commandos can't use shields. You are not supposed to really be a front line tank as a commando. You have two missions heal and supporting gunfire. Vanguards are the tanks, commandos are not. Healer and heavy gunfire with the AC.
Unfortunately, with all the gap closers that are available, staying in the rear and dishing out ranged damage is extremely difficult for a Commando to do.

A viable defensive shield is not to much to ask for when they get pulled or jumped to in order to save their hides.

xxIncubixx
10.22.2012 , 11:28 AM | #15
still its a trooper skill, and its usable by commando. and it is garbage for commando and DPS vanguard for that matter.

TalonVII
10.22.2012 , 03:59 PM | #16
But even with the commando, use it with adreneline rush, it can help you in a sticky situation. Point is, commando shouldn't be out alone. Best idea is to pair up with some tanks and let them take the damage. i know there are times when you can't do that, and you just have to unload and show clear on the other guy, but personally speaking, try as much as possible.

I don't think it's garbage. I think it's useful. Better than having NOTHING, which is what they could of given you.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

klham
10.22.2012 , 05:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Unfortunately, with all the gap closers that are available, staying in the rear and dishing out ranged damage is extremely difficult for a Commando to do.
Totally true. All Commandos have to face-tank melee within melee-range more often than not, due to their chronic vulnerability to leaps/pulls and complete lack of an escape mechanic enabling them to regain range once they've been engaged by melee. This is a fact no matter how careful a commando is about positioning and re-positioning, LoSing, pillar-hugging etc. It's one of the reasons Commandos get focused right away by the lolSmash train whenever they show their faces in a WZ.

rob_y
10.24.2012 , 12:41 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
Totally true. All Commandos have to face-tank melee within melee-range more often than not, due to their chronic vulnerability to leaps/pulls and complete lack of an escape mechanic enabling them to regain range once they've been engaged by melee. This is a fact no matter how careful a commando is about positioning and re-positioning, LoSing, pillar-hugging etc. It's one of the reasons Commandos get focused right away by the lolSmash train whenever they show their faces in a WZ.
Smash Jugs / Focus Guardians don't have immunity to knock back/CC after leap, so use those when they close the distance and then continue to strafe (not backpedal!) to create even more distance.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

klham
10.24.2012 , 03:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
Smash Jugs / Focus Guardians don't have immunity to knock back/CC after leap, so use those when they close the distance and then continue to strafe (not backpedal!) to create even more distance.
Most Commandos do this as a matter of course. You're still going to end up face-tanking melee, especially if you're Gunnery or Combat Medic and want to do something other than constantly run away from the fight while spamming Hammer Shot. If you want to launch a decent counter-attack or a heal then you're going to have to stop and any gap disappears quickly. Maybe if the knockback had a root it might keep melee off you for more than 3 seconds (the exception being multi-level terrain like in Huttball where the kb actually keeps them off you if you don't let them leap back up). Contrast this with the Gunslinger's immunity to leaps (when in cover), immunity to controlling effects (Hunker Down), rooted kb, followed by the talented kb on Aimed Shot, followed by the instant AoE mezz. *That's* the tool kit of a true ranged turret class.

xxIncubixx
10.25.2012 , 04:14 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
doesnt really work