Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guardians needing Medium armor when I run flashpoints using my Sentinel.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Guardians needing Medium armor when I run flashpoints using my Sentinel.

KorbanShepard's Avatar


KorbanShepard
10.20.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1
Title says it all.

My question: what can be done about this? Of course I ignore the person immediately after the flashpoint so that I don't risk teaming up with a greedy a**, but is there much else any one can think of? I thought about starting to need on their heavy armor to drive the point home. It just seems so stupid, particularly with custom armor since they are going to drop it later on because medium custom armor isn't as good as heavy custom armor .

If there isn't any other viable alternative, can perhaps Bioware set up a system to where if you are a heavy armor, you can't use light and medium and so on and so forth. At least then the incentive is lessened greatly to have other players yank armor that you really could use.

MitchPB's Avatar


MitchPB
10.20.2012 , 09:10 PM | #2
Guardians do this so they can rip the mods and put them in their own heavy armor.
<BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | Dragonslayer | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher | Dread Master

KorbanShepard's Avatar


KorbanShepard
10.20.2012 , 09:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Guardians do this so they can rip the mods and put them in their own heavy armor.
okay, so everyone in the Jedi Knight line up should just need on heavy or medium gear regardless until enough people get pissed off that they start acting civilly about the process.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
10.20.2012 , 09:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbanShepard View Post
okay, so everyone in the Jedi Knight line up should just need on heavy or medium gear regardless until enough people get pissed off that they start acting civilly about the process.
I would play things legit regardless of what others do. If it is blatant, initiate a vote kick and tell the group why. Don't become the jackwagon.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
10.20.2012 , 09:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbanShepard View Post
Title says it all.

My question: what can be done about this? Of course I ignore the person immediately after the flashpoint so that I don't risk teaming up with a greedy a**, but is there much else any one can think of? I thought about starting to need on their heavy armor to drive the point home. It just seems so stupid, particularly with custom armor since they are going to drop it later on because medium custom armor isn't as good as heavy custom armor .

If there isn't any other viable alternative, can perhaps Bioware set up a system to where if you are a heavy armor, you can't use light and medium and so on and so forth. At least then the incentive is lessened greatly to have other players yank armor that you really could use.
If you need it need it, The shell is the worthless part of the armour, its the mods inside that actually matter.
Making a massive fuss over nothing IMO.

You could always ask at the start of the run whether they will be rolling on medium gear....

scullzomben's Avatar


scullzomben
10.20.2012 , 10:00 PM | #6
If a DPS Guardian/Jugg has a End>Str mod in a piece, and a piece with Str>End drops, even if it is Medium, of course they should roll on it. It is an upgrade.

Alduinsm's Avatar


Alduinsm
10.20.2012 , 10:04 PM | #7
Guardian can certainly use it if the armor has mods for them.
Shin

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
10.20.2012 , 10:08 PM | #8
Keep in mind that Guardians CAN wear medium armour and the loss of mitigation for a DPS Guardian is pretty minimal, compounded by the increase in DPS being more desirable than the small loss to mitigation. Sentinels on the other hand CANNOT wear heavy armour and must rip the mods out.

There is more of an argument to be made for Sentinels not being allowed to roll on heavy armour than there is for Guardian not being allowed to roll on medium.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Heimskringla's Avatar


Heimskringla
10.20.2012 , 10:43 PM | #9
In general, I feel it is rude to need on drops that are not designed for your current class and role. This has been the prevailing sentiment on the servers and groups I have played on and with. Anyone can rip mode from oranges, so that has not been considered appropriate rationale in my experience. The Guardian should have asked before needing.
111
111
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

Maxumus's Avatar


Maxumus
10.20.2012 , 10:50 PM | #10
If the guardian needed the upgraded armor why shouldn't he need it. If it had been a class that had no use for STR (BH/IA/Inq) then it would have been wrong. The guardian put just as much work into the flashpoint as anyone else and if a drop came that helped him he should take it pull the mods and use it.