Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Skill Tree Update

RigbyC
10.31.2012 , 10:50 PM | #11
Actually why not go the other way with madness?

You look at the TP thats allready there and you see numerous drain life and absorb it into yourself type skills, It was the reason i originally picked the class. It reminded me alot of my soul stealing warlock from my WoW days.

So keep the DoTs and keep death field those do "fit" the spec nicely.

Now what you do is give Sorcs a new skill and call it somthing like Devour Soul.. Make it a channled skill same length and damage output as force lightning (un talented). Now remove all talents from madness that involve force lightning and place in new talents that improve "Devour Soul", for example talents could be "absorb a percentage of targets health" and somthing similer "to skill has no CD".... The idea behind this is now this skill becomes madnesses replacement for force lightning... thus giving it more of a uniqueness as opposed to cast DoTs and spam lightning.. draining health should up survivability some more and it keeps its ethos as a life leaching, soul destroying warrior

In general Sorcs need some love in terms of survivability and damage anyway... but this could be a step in the right direction... It isnt even that complex of a change could infact make the animation similer to when you absorb ghosts from force walking.

Plus its way easier for devs to do somthing like this than re-write two whole specs. Which is what your proposing.

They could infact be really lazy and make this skill a re-skin of force lightning and just copy paste the talents over.....just as long as it has some health drain benifit
The Blackstorm Legacy
Sindanarie: Sith Marauder
Rigetsu: Jedi Shadow
Sapphiré: Sniper

Thrangbrand
08.31.2013 , 03:07 AM | #12
To me the only skill tree that really canes especially in PVP is the Madness skill tree. Unless you want to be a healer I tried the Lightning skill tree and found the push back on Lightning Strike too dire. The Madness tree will utilize dot abilities as well as constant Force Lightning. This in it self makes the target constantly tic with damage so in situations of PVP you will often get the killing blow, where Lightning strike will often miss the kill shot.

I like the graphics of the Force Lightning as its similar to the Emperor. Their CC is decent with Electrocute and Whirlwind. As well as Force Slow and knock back ability. Although only Light Armor the static barrier comes in handy and from a ranged striking distance Madness Sorcerers can unlessh carnage.

People who complain about Sorcerer in PVP don't utilize their CC, defences,dot and Force Lightning abilities and get a decent ranged position where you can pick off enemies. From level 15 to 30 I got between 1st and 3rd highest kills every time and often very high medals. Although level 35 now in with 54s getting ability/item/skill tree disadvantage I am not doing so well I still do decent in PVP.

I have read people really knock Sith Sorcerer but they do lots of DPS. Maybe a Sniper has a higher DPS but the constant ticing damage is an advantage where a Snipe can miss the kill shot wasting time. At times the Madness Sorcerer has been unstoppable!

psybernetic
08.31.2013 , 08:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thrangbrand View Post
People who complain about Sorcerer in PVP don't utilize their CC, defences,dot and Force Lightning abilities and get a decent ranged position where you can pick off enemies. From level 15 to 30 I got between 1st and 3rd highest kills every time and often very high medals. Although level 35 now in with 54s getting ability/item/skill tree disadvantage I am not doing so well I still do decent in PVP.
Ignorance. Pure ignorance. Success in pvp as a sorc relies on being unnoticed because we are so easy to shut down.

I'd like to ask you, what, pray tell, are our defenses? Force Speed? Countered by any class with a root. Static Barrier? That's a heal. Our armor? Rofl. Force Barrier? Great, a 10s self-cc ever 2.5 minutes at best.

We have serious pvp flaws thanks to various nerfs since launch and only the players at the top of our absurdly high skill cap can deal with them consistently. However, watch streams of the top sorcs on the PTS and you'll see that even these most-skilled players face hard counters in roots and have to be babysat by their teammates. Meanwhile, the other ranged dps classes aren't quite so squishy or easy to shut down.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

Tazmynn
09.01.2013 , 01:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
Here's an example of what I had in mind to make the Lightning tree more bursty:
  1. Move madness and wrath to lightning tree (replacing suppression and backlash maybe).
  2. Increase the damage on Lightning Strike (possibly just when wrath procs) so that it's at least a dps increase on just casting force lightning again.
  3. Lightning Storm could additionally reset the cooldown on Thundering Blast and make it insta-cast (may need to spec for this).

Your ideal rotation would then look like this:
Affliction (procs Barrage) > Force Lightning (procs Wrath) > Lightning Strike (procs Lightning Storm) > Thundering Blast (insta-crit)
So basically, you want to:

Take away two of Madness's best abilities, including the one that has its name.

As you said before, take away the survivability of Madness through removing the drain healing stuff, including death field which does good damage and increases the dot.

Give it some bad PvP CC stuff to make up for taking away a ton of its dps.

Increase Lightning's dps even more after giving it two great abilities to go along with what it already has.

And just for good measure give lightning more dps by turning the 2 second cast auto crit into an instant auto crit.

Why didn't you just say I want them to nerf Madness to be incredibly terrible in PvP and completely worthless in PvE, forcing all sorc dps to play lightning, which I want to be made incredibly OP? Or even just say I want them to get rid of madness and give all its good abilities to lightning?

I don't want to have to play Lightning .
Tazmynn Hilron
Madcatter
The Alizarin Legacy

HoboWithAStick
09.01.2013 , 05:26 PM | #15
Sorcs have the worst dps of any ranged in this game and the worst survivability but you figure take away some dps and give them more survivability? Shouldn't they just boost their dps and survivability?

Roughneck
09.06.2013 , 03:55 AM | #16
Sorcerers would be an ideal class for a lot of off-healing,

Like Madness you get 1% of each crit you give from your DoT's attack,

You create a AOE around yourself and each damage your doing/Healing your ally's it heals 1% to you and anyone in your Healing Field.

That extra heal could make in a long fight the difference between getting wiped and survive
Embrace the Dark Side:

Chars: Kor'anor: LVL 55 Lighting Sorcerer: http://http://www.torhead.com/skill-...rrdRbcorsZfM.3