Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder needs a Nerf

EGNbusa
10.22.2012 , 07:20 PM | #21
Maybe instead of QQ'ing roll one and see if you can do the same damage, and maybe you will see that numbers like that are a lot harder to get to, and takes time, commitment, and skill to your class and the right the enviroment to pull it off. If every swinging richard and jane were pulling that off consistently in wz's then maybe you would have ground to stand on, but it does not happen, so therefore you have no arguement just saying.
Magoth- 50 Anni Mara
Gancath-50 Bodyguard Merc
Mordor- 50 Deception Sin

IAmViiOLENT
10.22.2012 , 08:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Okamakiri View Post
You must have terrible mercs...
Merc I run with parses 1900-1950 on a dummy. In other words, on spot with the theoretical highest DPS optimization for the class in SimC....
Yeah....

Omophorus
10.22.2012 , 11:01 PM | #23
You must have terrible mercs...
No, it really is the case right now that PT Pyro and Marauder are the highest theoretical DPS and it is proven out in actual gameplay.

The new Operation, TFB, is particularly good at punishing the uptime of more than 1 melee, which helps compensate for the higher ceiling, but when only 1 melee is in the picture, they have a clear lead.

Of course, if they blanket-nerfed Marauder, then any time you can't guarantee near-100% uptime, it'll be a lame duck DPS like Operative.

Warlord_Maliken
10.23.2012 , 12:00 AM | #24
Honestly they do need to be nerfed. RAGE tree especially for juggys & marauders. I could have pulled 2 million damage in a Novare Coast where our team immediately captured south and east nodes. Had almost 1500 dps. I had just under a million damage and the game ended early with our base at 90%. The enemy team had expertise they weren't baddies. They had 3 healers so people stayed alive longer than usual for a warzone, thus more Smashing.

To the original post:
All marauder trees are absolutely excellent damage. This is fine, however I think maybe their defensive cooldowns are what should be looked into once Rage tree is slightly nerfed. Cloak of Pain should be -15% taken from -20%, and their immortality should have 1 more second choppped off of it as well as their vanish with -1 sec duration. Small changes like this are needed but I fear they won't act on it.

#1 issue right now for PvP honestly is the commando/mercenary class not having some sort of mobility ability (jetpack leap/disengage) for when melee engage them in pvp. Its kind of a joke. They need to act on that first, and then decide where to go with PvP balance.

zoranporan
10.23.2012 , 06:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
Honestly they do need to be nerfed. RAGE tree especially for juggys & marauders. I could have pulled 2 million damage in a Novare Coast where our team immediately captured south and east nodes. Had almost 1500 dps. I had just under a million damage and the game ended early with our base at 90%. The enemy team had expertise they weren't baddies. They had 3 healers so people stayed alive longer than usual for a warzone, thus more Smashing.

To the original post:
All marauder trees are absolutely excellent damage. This is fine, however I think maybe their defensive cooldowns are what should be looked into once Rage tree is slightly nerfed. Cloak of Pain should be -15% taken from -20%, and their immortality should have 1 more second choppped off of it as well as their vanish with -1 sec duration. Small changes like this are needed but I fear they won't act on it.

#1 issue right now for PvP honestly is the commando/mercenary class not having some sort of mobility ability (jetpack leap/disengage) for when melee engage them in pvp. Its kind of a joke. They need to act on that first, and then decide where to go with PvP balance.
YEEES GOOOD GOOOOD, GIVE IN TO THE HATE !

Smells like troll to me, anyone saying they could have pulled of 2m in a WZ thats not standstill (even then)!

On another hand, mercs could use a ability to gain distance; also bioware said mara/sents were where they are supposed to be pre the rage "buff", and in all fairness, rage (lolsmash) was never buffed. Maras/juggies have had the same rage spec and 6k+ smashes since ages ago, they only changed berserk in rage, wich doesnt effect the smashes in any other way then what it did before.
Sith Marauder | Helle | ToFN EU

warultima
10.23.2012 , 06:45 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by zoranporan View Post
YEEES GOOOD GOOOOD, GIVE IN TO THE HATE !

Smells like troll to me, anyone saying they could have pulled of 2m in a WZ thats not standstill (even then)!

On another hand, mercs could use a ability to gain distance; also bioware said mara/sents were where they are supposed to be pre the rage "buff", and in all fairness, rage (lolsmash) was never buffed. Maras/juggies have had the same rage spec and 6k+ smashes since ages ago, they only changed berserk in rage, wich doesnt effect the smashes in any other way then what it did before.
Yea they only shortened the ramp up time, the effective reuse time, and making it nearly instant so even for the most skilled players cant dodge it even if they saw its coming and a heavy ticking dot with 90% slow thats also auto stacking the "derpa stack" for you with 2 force charges (one of them even hits like truck while also making your IN-COMBAT run speed 40% faster for 5 second on a 15 sec cd) definitely doesnt help derpasmash at all.

On top of that also buffing vicious throw for derpasmashers as in they are not doing enough damage to kill people.

I know i know we all love derpasmash its fine l2smash.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Tommot
10.23.2012 , 08:42 AM | #27
Rage needs a nerf, that's it. Not the whole class.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Okamakiri
10.23.2012 , 09:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Merc I run with parses 1900-1950 on a dummy. In other words, on spot with the theoretical highest DPS optimization for the class in SimC....
Yeah....
Then I fail to see how you're "running several hundred thousand more damage per boss fight than other geared DPS as a carnage mara". Unless you're pulling 3k DPS, and that I'd love to see. If all DPS is pulling their weight, everyone's total damage per boss fight IS several hundred thousand damage. Maras are top DPS, but not by the huge margin you make it out to be, especially when you consider actual fight situations (where DPS uptime and aoe capability counts too). You can't just look at pure single target dummy DPS and ignore all the other factors that can affect it in an actual boss fight.
Blackburn - Assassin, Dovahkėėn - Marauder, Zarakė - Jugernaut, Hamza - Mercenary, Smith - Sniper

Omophorus
10.23.2012 , 10:15 AM | #29
Then I fail to see how you're "running several hundred thousand more damage per boss fight than other geared DPS as a carnage mara". Unless you're pulling 3k DPS, and that I'd love to see. If all DPS is pulling their weight, everyone's total damage per boss fight IS several hundred thousand damage. Maras are top DPS, but not by the huge margin you make it out to be, especially when you consider actual fight situations (where DPS uptime and aoe capability counts too). You can't just look at pure single target dummy DPS and ignore all the other factors that can affect it in an actual boss fight.
That primarily bonks into a game design issue.

Most current content (EC and TFB in particular) are very tolerant of high uptime for a single melee DPS. Multiple melees will suffer, and ranged tend to have to execute mechanics that cost them significant DPS (since few can truly keep up noteworthy DPS while moving).

If ranged DPS were better able to turret (which can be improved upon in many fights with tactics), you'd see less disparity.

Nerfing Marauder is one way to approach the problem (and a stupid way, at that). Better content design (e.g. similar uptime for all members) and upward class rebalances for underperormers are much better ways.

Okamakiri
10.23.2012 , 10:23 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
That primarily bonks into a game design issue.

Most current content (EC and TFB in particular) are very tolerant of high uptime for a single melee DPS. Multiple melees will suffer, and ranged tend to have to execute mechanics that cost them significant DPS (since few can truly keep up noteworthy DPS while moving).

If ranged DPS were better able to turret (which can be improved upon in many fights with tactics), you'd see less disparity.

Nerfing Marauder is one way to approach the problem (and a stupid way, at that). Better content design (e.g. similar uptime for all members) and upward class rebalances for underperormers are much better ways.
I was more implying that there are plenty of fights that favor range. Most of the fights in TFB favor range or at best put them at no disadvantage compared to melee. I think more than anything many classes need their DPS buffed, not maras nerfed.
Blackburn - Assassin, Dovahkėėn - Marauder, Zarakė - Jugernaut, Hamza - Mercenary, Smith - Sniper