Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Marauder needs a Nerf


IAmViiOLENT's Avatar


IAmViiOLENT
10.21.2012 , 12:02 AM | #11
Yeah, marauders themselves don't need nerfs... The Rage tree does.
In PvE DPS, Idk its more respectable to say they need a nerf, Im running several hundred thousand more damage per boss fight than other geared DPS as a carnage mara (and trust me, the other dps are not bad lol)
Honestly, the only thing that needs a nerf for maras is how much damage they do in respect to PvE.
My log, doing nearly 1800 on tanks in ec hm tonight (This not even being the highest I've done on that boss), and the closest DPS to me having done about 1500.. I'll call that overpowered, and deserving of a nerf.
http://www.torparse.com/a/34905/time...811/1350879121

In PvP though? Mara's dont need a nerf, rage does.

Hazchem's Avatar


Hazchem
10.21.2012 , 04:15 AM | #12
Why would we need a nerf in PvE damage output?
Being able to do 1800++ dps on certain boss fights comes as a result of having done a lot of work on your gear, and rotation.
Marauder is one of only two pure dps advanced classes in the game, why should we not be top DPS?
It was the same deal in 'that other mmo', so called 'hybrid' classes had to work harder to compare with the pure damage dealers.
Shemyaza. Lvl 55 Sith Marauder, Carnage.
Tomb of Freedan Nadd.

Youtube Channel

IAmViiOLENT's Avatar


IAmViiOLENT
10.21.2012 , 08:23 AM | #13
Because, even being a pure DPS class, they should only be that 5% ahead that BW claims we would be. Definitely not seeing 5%.

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
10.21.2012 , 09:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Because, even being a pure DPS class, they should only be that 5% ahead that BW claims we would be. Definitely not seeing 5%.
Which well played DPS are we not within 5% of?
Is it the VG/PT that has taunts and guard available? Dont think so.
Is it Mando/Merc that can self heal? Dont think so.
Is it Sniper/Slinger the other pure dps? Not by 5%
Is it Sage/Sorc with self heals? Not by a long shot.
Is it Jugg/Guard with taunts and guard available and their own smash spec? Nope
Is it Op/Scoundrel with self heals stealth and great burst/cc? Nope
Well then it must be the Sin/Shadow with taunts guard and stealth. No again

So which is the AC we outperform by 5% given equal player skill?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

beyondkilling's Avatar


beyondkilling
10.21.2012 , 10:15 AM | #15
3 charges in 15 seconds? lol man u need to learn the class b4 u post something this is why bioware doesn't listen to idiot like you thank god

IAmViiOLENT's Avatar


IAmViiOLENT
10.21.2012 , 02:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Which well played DPS are we not within 5% of?
Is it the VG/PT that has taunts and guard available? Dont think so.
Is it Mando/Merc that can self heal? Dont think so.
Is it Sniper/Slinger the other pure dps? Not by 5%
Is it Sage/Sorc with self heals? Not by a long shot.
Is it Jugg/Guard with taunts and guard available and their own smash spec? Nope
Is it Op/Scoundrel with self heals stealth and great burst/cc? Nope
Well then it must be the Sin/Shadow with taunts guard and stealth. No again

So which is the AC we outperform by 5% given equal player skill?
Marauders are the highest DPS of any class, in PvE, and in PvP. Pure Mathematics, they are.
In application (especially during raids), they are also the highest.
In PvP, they have unparalleled on demand survivability, along with amazing group buffs. PT's, Assassin's, and Jugg's dont have anywhere near that much survivability (being the other mDPS). Marauder's also outperform Snipers, and albeit Sniper's are usually the one class that is hard to kill (Seriously, holy **** I hate you guys!!) they dont have anywhere near the utility in ranked that a marauder does.

Personally, I am a PvE'r and from that side of the house.. Marauder's are by and far, much much farther ahead in DPS than any other AC, (Including Snipers, PT's etc).

Freezoide's Avatar


Freezoide
10.21.2012 , 04:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Just look at these threats:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545871

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537556


"I did 1 million dmg!! lol"

No people. This is NOT normal

It's not normal to deal +6k dmg every time you use Smash. It's not normal that you can charge 3 times in 15 sec. It's not normal that you have more Defensive CD's than my Vanguard Tank and a Stealth, and a "I can't die lol" buff.
If that's all you've got? I suggest you need to quit. There are a lot of ways to annihilate a marauder/sent and it has a lot of weaknesses 2. Please **** with those stupid posts about nerves, try to learn your own class instead

p.s. the +6k damage is even worse on guardians/juggs. Its the tree that needs to be nerved.
"Thou shall parse or thou shall not pass.."

Frequencyz's Avatar


Frequencyz
10.21.2012 , 09:43 PM | #18
I've done over a mil in carnage and rage...and damn near it in anni.....it isn't a normal occurrence though, like Mr. Alluvian was saying, if you're in a group with competitive teams, everyone kind of evens out...if those 1 mil games were a regular occurrence, people wouldn't feel the need to make a forum post showing them off. I've seen the same from snipers and powertechs as well

zoranporan's Avatar


zoranporan
10.22.2012 , 07:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Just look at these threats:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545871

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537556


"I did 1 million dmg!! lol"

No people. This is NOT normal

It's not normal to deal +6k dmg every time you use Smash. It's not normal that you can charge 3 times in 15 sec. It's not normal that you have more Defensive CD's than my Vanguard Tank and a Stealth, and a "I can't die lol" buff.
You must play a merc?

Sure this QQ post isnt ment for the juggie forum? They beat us by far in Rage specs !
Sith Marauder | Helle | ToFN EU

Okamakiri's Avatar


Okamakiri
10.22.2012 , 12:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Marauders are the highest DPS of any class, in PvE, and in PvP. Pure Mathematics, they are.
In application (especially during raids), they are also the highest.
In PvP, they have unparalleled on demand survivability, along with amazing group buffs. PT's, Assassin's, and Jugg's dont have anywhere near that much survivability (being the other mDPS). Marauder's also outperform Snipers, and albeit Sniper's are usually the one class that is hard to kill (Seriously, holy **** I hate you guys!!) they dont have anywhere near the utility in ranked that a marauder does.

Personally, I am a PvE'r and from that side of the house.. Marauder's are by and far, much much farther ahead in DPS than any other AC, (Including Snipers, PT's etc).
You must have terrible mercs...
Blackburn - Assassin, Dovahkėėn - Marauder, Zarakė - Jugernaut, Hamza - Mercenary, Smith - Sniper