Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1 Million Damage Screenshot, 1100+ dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1 Million Damage Screenshot, 1100+ dps

Ryvirath's Avatar


Ryvirath
10.21.2012 , 06:24 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post

Carnage is great, on bad players. On good players, you will never get off a full gore ravage scream or gore massacre x2 scream. The fact is, this spec gets shut down by good play, and after every marauder went carnage in 1.3 for a prolonged period, people are pretty damn good at shutting it down.
I won't comment on the rest, but this is a great bit of rubbish that I see thrown around a lot. As if seeing an arrow flying straight towards your face somehow alters its trajectory. Rage telegraphs as much or more then carnage, in fact this is the exact argument I believe that was used during 1.2. Rage is shut down by good players. Rage's play style hasn't substantially changed beyond marauders now having access to absurd amount of resources, it just got stronger. You can argue all day that carnage is 'shut down by good players' but at the end of the day it's just that rage is overpowered. I respecced from carnage this morning throwing an average of 750dps too just shy of 1000dps in rage. It's run because it's strong. It doesn't need any justification beyond that.

Aluvi's Avatar


Aluvi
10.21.2012 , 08:50 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Cial View Post
You didn't do anything wrong.

You made a thread to brag, and I'm pointing out why it's not that big of a deal, based on my aforementioned reasons.
You may not feel that way if you ever hit 1 mill.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands (Retired until sents/maras git gud again)

Atracin's Avatar


Atracin
10.21.2012 , 08:53 PM | #63
Great looking numbers! I'm jealous.
Jung Ma Atracin (50 Vanguard)
<Chinese Take-out>
Dark side choices are much more fun than light side.

Aluvi's Avatar


Aluvi
10.21.2012 , 09:03 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
I won't comment on the rest, but this is a great bit of rubbish that I see thrown around a lot. As if seeing an arrow flying straight towards your face somehow alters its trajectory. Rage telegraphs as much or more then carnage, in fact this is the exact argument I believe that was used during 1.2. Rage is shut down by good players. Rage's play style hasn't substantially changed beyond marauders now having access to absurd amount of resources, it just got stronger. You can argue all day that carnage is 'shut down by good players' but at the end of the day it's just that rage is overpowered. I respecced from carnage this morning throwing an average of 750dps too just shy of 1000dps in rage. It's run because it's strong. It doesn't need any justification beyond that.
You claim that rage is shut down by good players. Tell me how please. I'd like to know. Carnage only requires any stun, cc, vanish, or similar move to interrupt its 6 second pain chain. With the plethora of short and medium-short cooldown stuns, ccs, knockbacks, vanish type moves, etc, I feel like I am rolling the dice every time I hit gore. By the time you have exhausted the enemy players counter moves, you end up dead.

Now on the other hand, if you stun/cc/snare/knockback a rage marauder, you delay their smash, but it's still going to happen, and then you're going to get force choked, beaten down with vicious slash, and smashed again + vicious throw. Rage is not rotation based so much as priority based, and the priority system, similar to annihlation, does not get broken by being interrupted with stuns and what not.

Maybe it's just me, but when I go carnage, 9 times out of 10 I will be incapacitated in some form directly after using carnage, and to me that is excessively frustrating gameplay. I never even let a ravage go full duration anymore as carnage because it always gets interrupted. Better to cut it off at 1.5 and use force scream to make sure you get it off.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands (Retired until sents/maras git gud again)

Stealios's Avatar


Stealios
10.21.2012 , 09:03 PM | #65
After having played every class there is in this game, I have to say: nice & gz.

While marauders/sentinel is one of the easier classes to do 'decent dmg' with, it is one of the hardest to properly master.
Only players that truly know what they're doing reach over 1k dps. Whether it's in carnage, anni (although quite rare) or rage
It's not 'just because of the spec' that he manages to reach this dmg, it takes quite some skill to pull of as well.

Aluvi's Avatar


Aluvi
10.21.2012 , 09:42 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealios View Post
After having played every class there is in this game, I have to say: nice & gz.

While marauders/sentinel is one of the easier classes to do 'decent dmg' with, it is one of the hardest to properly master.
Only players that truly know what they're doing reach over 1k dps. Whether it's in carnage, anni (although quite rare) or rage
It's not 'just because of the spec' that he manages to reach this dmg, it takes quite some skill to pull of as well.
Thank you, it's nice to see people that actually understand the combination of luck, skill, and dedication it takes to break 1 mill. The stars have to align basically, and for once, they did.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands (Retired until sents/maras git gud again)

JestersRevenge's Avatar


JestersRevenge
10.22.2012 , 03:14 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Cial View Post
You didn't do anything wrong.

You made a thread to brag, and I'm pointing out why it's not that big of a deal, based on my aforementioned reasons.
Then post something similar if it isn't "that big of a deal"? I've played with and against Aluvian and Merkave (on my PTech- Kagetora) and that usually means it's a good day or a very bad one. On their own they can change the course of a WZ, and baby Jesus forbid any other of the ID players queue with them. I'll never post those numbers, but I'm cool with that, although I'll keep trying (460K 2 WH pieces). Difference is, you're not as l33t as you think you are and have to tear someone else's achievement down. It's just ol' fashioned azzhattery on your part.

HammerHermann's Avatar


HammerHermann
10.22.2012 , 03:41 PM | #68
First, congrats on hitting that 1 mil mark. I was close on novara coast once but I had to go east 3 times to support. Ended up with 837k dmg. At the time I had 1 tweaked enhancement.

Second it cracks me up when people hate on this and say "so what it requires no skill". Really? Those that say that care to chime in and explain how your class requires more skill? I have 4 50's (a scoundrel healer, powertech, assassin and my marauder). I've played all 3 builds on my scoundrel, assassin, marauder and two builds on my powertech. There is not one class or build I have that I feel requires any more/less skill then the other class or build. If you think another class or build requires more skill then you need to spend more time with the other class/build.

Cracks me up when people hate on people that roll the op build for their class. If you're doing reg wz you'd be a fool not to try it out. When your class gets a buff are you not going to use the buff?

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
10.22.2012 , 03:42 PM | #69
marauder... nuff said

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
10.22.2012 , 03:43 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
Thank you, it's nice to see people that actually understand the combination of luck, skill, and dedication it takes to break 1 mill. The stars have to align basically, and for once, they did.
skill? and marauder? hahahah AHAHAHAHA hahah ok continue