Marauders and Juggs can charge me 2 times...what to do?

Royox

With my vanguard I can deal with marauders with some luck and skill (I'm still not full WH). As an Assault spect what I use to do is to shoot them from distance, then they force leap me, I stun them and I start to run away while shooting just to keep them on my hight impact volt and Sticky nades range.

My problem come with the Focust tree.....in that tree they have ANOTHER charge. I don't know how to deal with that

I can't scape, I can't stun them (I have 2 stuns, 1 for when they use their' "I win skill" and the other for when they use Ravage), They slow-mo me, and then they destroy me......any ideas of how to deal with? Full melee is not a resource...they can deal more than 5k DMG everytime they use Smash.

pd: This is not a "NERF" threat...i'm just resquesting for help cause I'm out of ideas.

pd: And of course I think it's not fair for a Melee class to be able to charge 2 times xD

Edited by Royox

Zealous leap only has a 10m range so if you go beyond that it gives you some time before the next leap. The issue with this is it eliminates the area that a range class can kite in that prevents a leap and leaves them doing very little damage. Unfortunate but unavoidable.

Yep, the good ones always kite me within 10 meters, keeping me at "arms length". Extremely annoying for a warrior. Go own baddies!

But can a Vanguard kill you at that distance? I only can use my "auto shot", the Hight impact volt and sticky nades......the Marauder/Jugg will start running away in the opposite direction xD.

Switch to tactics and use hold the line, making you immune to roots and snares for 8 seconds. Proceed to laugh in their face as they can't do anything to you.

But i don't like tactics :_ Hold the line is the most usefull Skill a Vanguard can have....but I love the assault tree :_

With my vanguard I can deal with marauders with some luck and skill (I'm still not full WH). As an Assault spect what I use to do is to shoot them from distance, then they force leap me, I stun them and I start to run away while shooting just to keep them on my hight impact volt and Sticky nades range.

My problem come with the Focust tree.....in that tree they have ANOTHER charge. I don't know how to deal with that

I can't scape, I can't stun them (I have 2 stuns, 1 for when they use their' "I win skill" and the other for when they use Ravage), They slow-mo me, and then they destroy me......any ideas of how to deal with? Full melee is not a resource...they can deal more than 5k DMG everytime they use Smash.

pd: This is not a "NERF" threat...i'm just resquesting for help cause I'm out of ideas.

pd: And of course I think it's not fair for a Melee class to be able to charge 2 times xD

Against Rage spec, you can -usually- just run out of range with ravage before the third strike hits, instead of using a stun. Now, they do have an extra snare, but I hardly ever see a rage mara use either snare to be honest.

It's going to be hard for you to kite the jugg...

Force crush has a slow attached to it...

Chilling scream is an aoe slow, and can be talented to be 0 cost (or 1 cost which is easier).

within 10m obliterate leap... and beyond 10m assault/pyro spec is neutered.

force push to throw you beyond 10m, and then force charge.

For the jugg, I would say just pop your shield, and burst him before he bursts you. The rage juggs are pretty squishy, and saber ward is on a 3 min cooldown. Try to stay beyond 4-5 meters if you can, since smash has an incredibly short range.

Tactics would definitely be better, with hold the line and 30% AoE damage reduction.

What the hell is happening with marauders? I could kite almost ALL marauders 1 week ago......now they jump me 3 TIMES.

Do they have any skill to recover full CD of any of their charges? Cause I can't understand why they Jump me, I stun, Run, They jump Me again, I stun again, I run...AND they get invisibru (I use my scan) and JUMP ME AGAIN.

3 Times. I counted it during the last WZ I did. 1 single marauder charged me 3 times in a row. I can't understand why this happens now.

This can't be. I can't kill a marauder in body combat and neither I can run.

What the hell is happening with marauders? I could kite almost ALL marauders 1 week ago......now they jump me 3 TIMES.

Do they have any skill to recover full CD of any of their charges? Cause I can't understand why they Jump me, I stun, Run, They jump Me again, I stun again, I run...AND they get invisibru (I use my scan) and JUMP ME AGAIN.

3 Times. I counted it during the last WZ I did. 1 single marauder charged me 3 times in a row. I can't understand why this happens now.

This can't be. I can't kill a marauder in body combat and neither I can run.

The CD is not particularly long. He could in theory Obliterate, spam some vicious slash to lower oblit cooldown, charge, and obliterate again right after. The thing is though, Oblit has a very small range. It does do significant damage though.

The CD is not particularly long. He could in theory Obliterate, spam some vicious slash to lower oblit cooldown, charge, and obliterate again right after. The thing is though, Oblit has a very small range. It does do significant damage though.

Ok so now I'm fked. Every marauder on my server now is Rage and I can't kill them with melee or with distance.

Perfect class balance bioware.

So Rage beats Assault? Even if that's true, it's not a game breaker. Some specs have advantages over others. Roll a gunslinger and I can assure you he would be "raging" in a different way when the only thing he can do before he dies is saber throw. And then when he starts complaining that gunslingers are OP, I'll tell him to play a scoundrel/shadow and burst your slinger down from stealth before you can get 2 shots off. I do think the Rage changes were a bit much, but there are ways to counter it. Though if you're not willing to respec, I doubt you would want to start a whole new character. Just remember that you still have some of the best burst in the game and don't expect to win every fight.

And to be honest, if you face him and burst him down during those stuns instead of running he'll probably die. Your HIBs do about the same as his smashes and you have elemental damage to boot.

So Rage beats Assault? Even if that's true, it's not a game breaker. Some specs have advantages over others. Roll a gunslinger and I can assure you he would be "raging" in a different way when the only thing he can do before he dies is saber throw. And then when he starts complaining that gunslingers are OP, I'll tell him to play a scoundrel/shadow and burst your slinger down from stealth before you can get 2 shots off. I do think the Rage changes were a bit much, but there are ways to counter it. Though if you're not willing to respec, I doubt you would want to start a whole new character. Just remember that you still have some of the best burst in the game and don't expect to win every fight.

And to be honest, if you face him and burst him down during those stuns instead of running he'll probably die. Your HIBs do about the same as his smashes and you have elemental damage to boot.

So we all need to roll a new class when one gets buffed? :D

What I normally do is on first leap use cryo then ion pulse to dot and slow them Then I try to maintain range at below 10m by strafing around them Using just ion pulse and hib sticky grenade And Incendary rounds dot It's successful most of the time Edited by denpic

What I normally do is on first leap use cryo then ion pulse to dot and slow them Then I try to maintain range at below 10m by strafing around them Using just ion pulse and hib sticky grenade And Incendary rounds dot It's successful most of the time

How do you deal with their Crush and their 2nd Jump? (obliterate?)

While I do appreciate hearing tactics to handle jumpers, I'd like to also note to the "Oh, you just gotta do this..." crowd, that rarely is it as simple as 1 vs 1. Considering there are 8 other opponents and battles are back to back (or at the same time) Stopping a class that is over performing (especially in a team situation) becomes a matter of luck, hoping your CD's haven't been blown on the last Lolsmasher to jump you (which is possible 4 seconds ago, and now his budy has done the same thing.)

It's objective-based play. Kite them away from the objective or your healers. Or stall long enough to get back-up at the objective. Then laugh as your team captures/defends the objective while they got tunnel vision with you.

How can I distract a toon that can kill me in 10 seconds in close combat cause my defensive CD's are sh*t and I cannot kite him cause he can jump 2 times, use sprints, and Crush me so I can't move?

I can't defend Alderaan's turrets alone vs those guys. If I see one of those f*ckers coming I have to start spamming "HELP HELP" like a p*ssy.

How can I distract a toon that can kill me in 10 seconds in close combat cause my defensive CD's are sh*t and I cannot kite him cause he can jump 2 times, use sprints, and Crush me so I can't move?

I can't defend Alderaan's turrets alone vs those guys. If I see one of those f*ckers coming I have to start spamming "HELP HELP" like a p*ssy.

I'm going to guess part of that is a gear issue. I had the same complaint in battlemaster (and partial recruit) but now in nearly full WH, it isn't as bad.

However, the replies you're going to get are "Your class isn't suppose to guard," or something along those lines. To which I reply ********.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

I'm going to guess part of that is a gear issue. I had the same complaint in battlemaster (and partial recruit) but now in nearly full battlemaster, it isn't as bad.

However, the replies you're going to get are "Your class isn't suppose to guard," or something along those lines. To which I reply ********.

I'm full BM with 4 WH's and still those f*ckers can deal me +5k DMG with every strike. I have 16k HP........