Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deathisthehunter's Avatar


Deathisthehunter
03.08.2013 , 09:38 AM | #681
so i see numerous people reporting issues with the servers i play on, but these clowns arent doing anything. just blaming service providers and sweeping it under the rug it seems. i dont think they even read tickets or forums, because every time i get a response its that same ****** email full of suggestions for second graders who are just using computers for the first time. they dont care. they just want your money. i threatened to cancel, nothing happened. i actually did cancel. nothing happened. the way that bioware has screwed people who purchased the game and subscribed when it came out is unforgivable. everyone should cancel their subscription and start seeking the proper channels to get money back for not even being able to play the game. why would you pay a monthly fee to connect to a game that you get kicked from every few seconds when your server lag jumps to 63,247, and thats not an exaggerated number. SORT THIS OUT BIOWARE. dont offer a service that blows and expect people to not complain.
Det Som Engang Var

Edema's Avatar


Edema
03.08.2013 , 03:47 PM | #682
Server - The Harbinger
Location - Edmonton, Canada (home of BioWare nonetheless!)
ISP - Telus

tracert
Spoiler


Pathping
Spoiler


Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide information-wise.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
03.08.2013 , 06:14 PM | #683
Edema,

If you play wireless can you connect wired and see if the first hop is still like the below.
The way I interpret this is either this network card is very busy with traffic or there is an issue between you and the router.

1 4 ms 1 ms * 192.168.1.254

0 192.168.1.84
7/ 100 = 7% |

Quote: Originally Posted by Edema View Post
Server - The Harbinger
Location - Edmonton, Canada (home of BioWare nonetheless!)
ISP - Telus

tracert
Spoiler


Pathping
Spoiler


Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide information-wise.

Edema's Avatar


Edema
03.08.2013 , 08:59 PM | #684
Thanks for commenting, I downloaded inSSIDer and found that the apartment I'm in has 54 access points in range. There was so much interference that my router was dropping connection every minute or two briefly.

A new router operating at 5 ghz range solved the problem already!

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
03.08.2013 , 09:03 PM | #685
Quote: Originally Posted by Edema View Post
Thanks for commenting, I downloaded inSSIDer and found that the apartment I'm in has 54 access points in range. There was so much interference that my router was dropping connection every minute or two briefly.

A new router operating at 5 ghz range solved the problem already!
Great news Edema appreciate you posting back

Boomer-'s Avatar


Boomer-
07.30.2013 , 10:51 AM | #686
I found a solution:

I was suffering from these lag spikes for about a couple of weeks now. Today I got the vpn from unblock us and the lag is completely gone! Unblockus is different from other vpn's in that it doesn't code the data so its much faster. give it a try

sglanoie's Avatar


sglanoie
09.20.2013 , 08:13 PM | #687
Having same issue and if they do not fix soon, I have to unsubscribe. This game is unplayable with this LAG!!!!

wbtusmc's Avatar


wbtusmc
09.20.2013 , 08:36 PM | #688
No, its not my isp. No, its not my computer. No, its not on my end at all. It's happening to numerous people on my server (Shadowlands) and I for one, will be canceling very soon. This is intolerable.
Trained to Fight Born to Kill
Ready to Die But Never Will.
Goddric, 50 Sage / Marauder Diversion

wbtusmc's Avatar


wbtusmc
09.20.2013 , 08:42 PM | #689
Quote: Originally Posted by wbtusmc View Post
No, its not my isp. No, its not my computer. No, its not on my end at all. It's happening to numerous people on my server (Shadowlands) and I for one, will be canceling very soon. This is intolerable.
For the record, I just removed my payment information and canceled the subscription. I will not renew until the issue is resolved. At the minimum, some sort of feedback / acknowledgement of an issue on BW level.
Trained to Fight Born to Kill
Ready to Die But Never Will.
Goddric, 50 Sage / Marauder Diversion

Generale_Onox's Avatar


Generale_Onox
07.12.2014 , 08:02 PM | #690
Italy, Milan. Server: the Progenitor (EU).
Same issues. Lag over 100.000 ms every few minutes. I changed computer in these days, and nothing changed in the game.

tracer rt:
Spoiler


each pathping value is the same as the IP for the tracert section.