Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 08:40 AM | #541
You need the last line and if there is a current issue and 10 people from the same area post up they can compare to get a likely picture what is occuring, sometimes it may just show nothing.

jprife
01.21.2013 , 08:57 AM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by owenbrooks View Post
you need the last line and if there is a current issue and 10 people from the same area post up they can compare to get a likely picture what is occuring, sometimes it may just show nothing.
(Throws up his hands in complete and utter frustration)

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 09:24 AM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
(Throws up his hands in complete and utter frustration)
Yes LAG can be frustrating

TheNightcrawler
01.21.2013 , 10:16 AM | #544
I have a new computer with Windows 8 on it and have been suffering lag issues since last Wednesday I have done everything that BW has suggested, but it seems to be something on their end. I have run a path ping test and get about a 74 ms when I run it from Louisiana (where I live) to California with no packet loss or stuttering. However, when I log in, my Server Lag is all over the place. I run mainly on Jedi Covenant, but switched to Begeren Colony to see if it was just that one that was giving me the issues, but it's not. Hopefully, when the bring the game down tomorrow for their weekly maintence, this will clear it up.
Heavily Medicated For Your Safety

Self Control. The Only Way To Survive In This World Dominated by Idiots.

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 10:54 AM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNightcrawler View Post
I have a new computer with Windows 8 on it and have been suffering lag issues since last Wednesday I have done everything that BW has suggested, but it seems to be something on their end. I have run a path ping test and get about a 74 ms when I run it from Louisiana (where I live) to California with no packet loss or stuttering. However, when I log in, my Server Lag is all over the place. I run mainly on Jedi Covenant, but switched to Begeren Colony to see if it was just that one that was giving me the issues, but it's not. Hopefully, when the bring the game down tomorrow for their weekly maintence, this will clear it up.
It may be worthwhile keeping an eye on this thread, seeing your on win 8 http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=555798&page=6

jprife
01.21.2013 , 02:43 PM | #546
OK, adding to the absurd...CS Droid W4-Z4 unilaterally closed my ticket from last night after only a single cookie cutter email.

W-T-F, Bioware?

With that said, I've been on the horn all day with my ISP tech support team, and run a wide range of diagnostics from our end. The bottom line is that my computer and ISP is getting data packets in and out normally and with very low latency and no data loss.

So, it's up to Bioware's network engineers to get on the ball and do some one-on-one testing to find the road block on their end and to arrive at a solution.

This is beyond ridiculous.

TheNightcrawler
01.21.2013 , 03:32 PM | #547
Well, if it means anything, I called the Customer Service Friday and they made a Stage 1 ticket for me. Called them back today and they upgraded to Stage 3. So, hopefully, maybe they will be able to fix it.
Heavily Medicated For Your Safety

Self Control. The Only Way To Survive In This World Dominated by Idiots.

sidthelost
01.21.2013 , 05:33 PM | #548
Lets be honest people the whole lag issue will not be fixed correctly .The reason is simple look at the number of severs available in a region, all show a daily amount of heavy to very heavy usage. With so many people on a given sever the sever becomes overloaded and can't handle things IE the random discounts, sudden lag spikes and the random unable to join a server. So to truly fix this Bioware will have to open up some servers and once you redistribute people then we can track down the lag issue and get it under control

jprife
01.26.2013 , 06:06 PM | #549
The game has been unplayable ever since my last post above. Lag and red x's immediately after I log on.

I'm on the verge of finally giving up after investing a full year in the game.

BTW, I got the below greeting from the infamous M0-T0:

Quote:
I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

We are sorry to hear of the technical problem you have encountered with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Below we’ve provided some links to articles on our website Help Center that you may find useful when trying to resolve any technical issues.

If you are having problems patching or launching the game, please visit our Launcher Troubleshooting Guide at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5260 and follow the steps outlined in the guide. The majority of patching and stability issues can be resolved using this resource.

If you’re having problems with graphics in the game, please make sure that Windows, your Direct X installation and your graphics card drivers are all up to date. Restart your system to apply updates if you need to, and then check this article for information which may help to improve your framerate: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4584

If your computer is crashing or freezing when running the game, there may be a problem with RAM or the hard drive in your system. To check these, please follow the instructions laid out here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5259 (the advanced checks for launcher issues also apply to crashes and freezing, as they stem from the same source).

We’re continually working to improve the performance of Star Wars: The Old Republic across a broad range of hardware, and while we cannot give you a specific date for when performance is likely to improve on your specific system, we’d like to assure you that our developers are working to diagnose and patch memory issues that lead to freezing and crashes.

If you have experienced crashes to desktop on your system, you can assist the team by visiting this forum thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...64#post5354364 and providing the information requested in the first post. The thread will be updated with information about upcoming patches that may resolve performance issues, as soon as that information becomes available.

Once again, our thanks for bearing with us as we work on further optimizations, and our apologies for any performance issues that may have inconvenienced you.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Galactic Support is our Specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark).
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
This is a joke, right?

dewayne
01.26.2013 , 06:16 PM | #550
same issue

Jedi Covenent
North East Texas
Hughes net
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar