Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Prabhunath
01.10.2013 , 05:36 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Pathping actually didn't complete it takes in your case 475 seconds to complete.
And it shows if any packet loss is happening ingame.
Your tracert is showing 350ish ping times as soon as you enter vocus.net from he.net

I will postup my pathping as a comparison to Master Dar'Nala
Hahaha, I had a nagging suspicion that was the case when I saw '475 seconds'. I will redo the pathping and post it once it's done. Gosh, I feel like such a noob right now...
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 05:41 AM | #522
My Tracert to Master D
Spoiler

Prabhunath
01.10.2013 , 05:56 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
Hahaha, I had a nagging suspicion that was the case when I saw '475 seconds'. I will redo the pathping and post it once it's done. Gosh, I feel like such a noob right now...
Here is my completed pathping to the APAC server:

Spoiler
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 06:11 AM | #524
No major issues apart from high ping times that i can see.

My recommendation is to send your path ping and tracert to support@swtor.com, In there explain that as soon as you enter vocus.net (swtor hosting company) that your ping goes to 400ms

At best if they can do some route changes you maybe able to halve your ping to 200ish like at he.net

Hopefully CS here may see this as well and pass the information to where it needs to go as well, but email direct will ensure you have a record. I would be interested in hearing the response you get back from them.

Also send it to noc@vocus.com.au (Network Operation Centre) and tell them you play swtor and how you use to only have 100ms pings but now the 400ms as evidenced in the pathping and tracert is making playing unbearable and it is happening on their network which also hosts the SWTOR servers

Loufu
01.10.2013 , 08:55 AM | #525
This is probably the problem if you are in Asia playing in APAC servers.

http://advisories.internode.on.net/item/10735/

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 09:47 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Loufu View Post
This is probably the problem if you are in Asia playing in APAC servers.

http://advisories.internode.on.net/item/10735/
Thanks Mate, if another link has indeed faulted and dropped (cable fault) that may explain the heavier loads especially if they have redirected traffic as means to compensate.

Prabhunath
01.10.2013 , 11:17 AM | #527
Thanks for the help Owen and Loufu, really appreaciate it. I will send an email to both parties (Vocus and SWTOR CS), and will post back their replies here.

sidthelost
01.10.2013 , 11:20 AM | #528
Hmm this is interesting, its after November and people are still posting about the issue and not a single word from any support personal from Bioware. Well if this thread and several others plus my own issues with CS are any indication bio ware and the World War Z studio must have taken the same approach to customer service. Makes me wonder where in the bottom line for profit does keeping your consumer base happy rank because if this is how its going to be i might as well go back to WOW they at least know how to treat there users. These random lag spikes hitting at odd hours is a game breaking issue this would seem more important to fix then say a re skin of some gear in the cartel market, just saying Bioware.

JuggernaughtVI
01.10.2013 , 12:18 PM | #529
Ok, I waited out the holidays and tried playing again yesterday when it was late at night, so that there wouldn't be too many people online, but the very first thing that happened to me as soon as I exited my ship was the red cross of death showing up and my MS skyrocketting into the 900Ks. I sent a polite message with full explaination to BioWare along with my subscription cancellation. First weeks I played as an F2P and then the first week as a subscriber, no issues. Bought a bunch of Cartel Coins to buy some of those packs and everything.
Around Christmas, it all went downhill and i've been lagging with MS approaching close to a million. WoW, in all the years i've played it, has always ran fine for me, RIFT does as well, but for some reason, SWTOR doesn't. After trying every fix, update, check, test, configuration, opening ports, changing settings in SWTOR, compatability modes, and what else have you, i'm tired of spending my free evenings being annoyed by lag and searching the internet and this forum for solutions, and having to pay for it to boot. Out of the almost 4 weeks as a subscriber, i've spent almost 3 weeks being unable to play.

Sorry BioWare, I love this game, I really do, but this needs to be resolved, and a clear solution posted by BioWare, rather than the scrapes and several different solution threads saying several different things, before i'm paying you anything more.

jozimmie
01.16.2013 , 05:50 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi all,

Thank you for the reports. Can you please post up your server, approximate location and ISP if you are having this problem?
1) Red Eclipse