Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

eightymercury
12.30.2012 , 06:36 PM | #511
I'm in Australia (Melbourne to be more precise) and have been having the same lag issues as others for about a week now.

Interestingly, my path ping repeatedly shows 100% packet loss at node 9 - ge4-0.mpr2.pao1.us.mfnx.net [198.32.176.11] - the same thing is showing for post #498, another Australian user. Maybe this is one of the "potholes"? This appears to be a US based address so maybe it is affecting many incoming connections??

Other details for CS:
Spoiler

Jundia
12.30.2012 , 08:16 PM | #512
Right now the game is unplayable...
After 21h GMT -3 itīs impossible to play, always lagged....
That excuse of machine and route problems is a big BS... Server now is all with status FULL, in other words, they put us in a sevrer where they canīt afort the population... Gonna give this 30 days sub period as a try, if this lag wont stops Iīll probably cancel my sub since I canīt play anyway, so better be F2P...

daernhalfelf
12.30.2012 , 09:44 PM | #513
Never call me a liar. That is a serious mistake. I told you what MY problem was and how it is being repaired. I will also post then the final repair is done. As to the Australian(s) lagging on final hop, it sounds like a similar problem though you may want to check with Bioware CS. You posted the information on here of address, if it continues I suggest posting it in a ticket as well. The last hop SHOULD, and i do say should as I am not 100% sure, the final leg before Bioware. However that hop may BE Bioware. They will know.

As to anyone calling me a liar or saying that I am full of BS, don't.

I explained my situation and how it is being worked on. Keep your opinion to yourself. If it is not your problem, that is fine, work with someone to find a solution. However gripping and doing nothing but gripping and being rude to others is non productive.

You will note I have not been rude to anyone here. I tried to be helpful. To share what I have learned and found out from the Bioware team. NOT the bot mail or BOT responses but actual Bioware CS staff.

You may notice that I posted here, and as I stated I filed numerous tickets within the game. I tried to get a response from Bioware to my problem. And to other people's problems who are having similar lag issues.

In other words, I took some action, and I have been honest about what that action was and what it has done to date, including acknowledging that I was mistaken in my particular issue being their fault.

If I am wrong I admit it, if I am right, cool. The thing is, it is not about who is right or wrong, but getting a situation solved. Griping never solves a problem, presenting the problem and then taking any action available does.

Such as the post about where the path ping trace fails. That is taking action and presenting information. It is my sincere hope that that post is read and a CS staff member contacts you to help.

We all want to enjoy the game. That is what a game is all about. Having fun. I am now certain that at least those I have dealt with in the CS department want us to have that fun, as it means continued success for their company and thus good jobs.

Sorry to go on, however the post stating that I am full of BS ticked me off a bit.

jprife
01.03.2013 , 07:19 AM | #514
Here's a possible fix for Windows 7 users with chronic lag/latency and desktop crashes...it makes sense:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579777

Quote:
I have an Answer for many people out there who are still struggling with these issue's, after how frustrated i became with these issues myself, i felt that i needed to explain a fix and how it works here.

If you are using Windows 7, then your problem could likely be the same as mine, I would get Random game crashes with no warning, latency issues going up to 200'000+ and major Spikes; This is caused by windows 7, i will explain in Basics how this works.

My understanding is; Although your internet and Latency speed may seem okay, Windows 7 Constantly Delays the Packets it receives on purpose to avoid packet flooding, but this can cause a "Blockage" effect, because Swtor servers are kicking out Packets Faster then your PC is allowed to confirm and accept them, your computer cannot catch up with the game, creating a large spike, sometimes it will eventually push through while its frozen so your game catches up and continues to run, however when it becomes to much, It cannot physically catch up with the mass of information being received so it shuts the game down.

Even if your Latency is low, your internet is fast, your Graphics are fine, I really really recommend you try this fix, it worked wonders for me.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING, scroll down to step "1"
The steps for the fix are here http://windows7themes.net/how-to-imp...windows-7.html, although this was a fix for WoW it is the same principle.

I Hope this helped, please feel free to post if this worked for you also.

jprife
01.07.2013 , 07:27 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
Here's a possible fix for Windows 7 users with chronic lag/latency and desktop crashes...it makes sense:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579777
Update to above. This fix is working for me, at least partially. the worst of the lag spikes have stopped, and I'm only getting occasional latency of about 40-50K. The game is playable again, but there are still red x's occurring, just not incessantly now.

Prabhunath
01.10.2013 , 04:06 AM | #516
Dear Bioware,

The game has become laggy once again after the latest patch. The thing is, the lag is bad only on the server Master Dar'Nala (ironically, it's also perhaps the least populated servers in the game), but not on the US servers (I've tried Bastion, Harbinger and Begeren Colony).

Before the patch, I was having around 100+ms latency, now it goes from around 400ms to 1000ms every minute. As my main toons are on MDN, please do something.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 04:25 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
Dear Bioware,

The game has become laggy once again after the latest patch. The thing is, the lag is bad only on the server Master Dar'Nala (ironically, it's also perhaps the least populated servers in the game), but not on the US servers (I've tried Bastion, Harbinger and Begeren Colony).

Before the patch, I was having around 100+ms latency, now it goes from around 400ms to 1000ms every minute. As my main toons are on MDN, please do something.
It will be useful if you do a pathping - n to the servers, I am logged into Master Dar'Nala right now with 30ms to max 200 ping time (mostly stays around 30ms), might be because my son is on league of legends and my daughter on utube at the same time.
IP i have is 175.45.88.184 but yours maybe slightly different, if you do a netstat -a while logged in look for a ip similar to mine.

Prabhunath
01.10.2013 , 05:04 AM | #518
I have done both tracert and pathping, and they are as follows:

Spoiler

Spoiler
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 05:23 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
I have done both tracert and pathping, and they are as follows:

Spoiler

Spoiler
Pathping actually didn't complete it takes in your case 475 seconds to complete.
And it shows if any packet loss is happening ingame.
Your tracert is showing 350ish ping times as soon as you enter vocus.net from he.net

I will postup my pathping as a comparison to Master Dar'Nala

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 05:35 AM | #520
My Pathping and 30 ms ping time to same server

Notice i have a router at line 3 dropping 73% packets this is bigpond my ISP and nothing to do with SWTOR
luckily it doesn't appear to be causing me issues in-game
Line 4 that shows 100% is a misnomer it means it has turned off ICMP packets is all
Spoiler