Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jediturbodude
12.28.2012 , 05:43 PM | #491
Same lag spike issue. Usual 24-27ms speed (beautiful) then every so often <10mins random spikes of anything from 700ms to the limits of sanity. NOT my computer or internet. Game was fine before last patches. I think as long as people are buying and whining about Cartel Coins, nothing will be done about this. Game is dying a truly awful death it seems

PoliteAssasin
12.28.2012 , 06:12 PM | #492
Yeah had this since the last patch too. A shame I can't even play the game i am paying for.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

DAXYL
12.28.2012 , 06:26 PM | #493
I have found a bit of a band aid fix to the problem using Razers Gamebooster software

If you go into the optimisation section of Gamebooster and set it to expert or advanced cant remember exactly it is a checkbox one of the tweaks is called Optimise network throughput if I run this optimisation before logging in I seem to get normal ping

Have never had to do this in the 2-3 months I have been playing until 2 days before Christmas it is a pain but thought it may help some of you who are missing the game

JuggernaughtVI
12.29.2012 , 10:38 AM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by DAXYL View Post
I have found a bit of a band aid fix to the problem using Razers Gamebooster software
Tried it last night, and while loading screens go a lot faster, the lag was still there, even if it was a bit more stable. That being said, I feel we shouldn't need software like this in order to play this game.

KShafe
12.29.2012 , 11:10 AM | #495
with only 493 post and only 31439 views, i can definitely see why bioware would ignore this post...
StarStyder - Lvl 55 Sentinel
DirtRyderz - LvL 55 Gunslinger
SunStryder - LvL 55 Inquisitor
Strydetrain - LvL 55 Vanguard

Jasbro
12.29.2012 , 06:19 PM | #496
Can we atleast get an update on this at all since its being going on for some time now with no hint at it being fixed.

Server: The Red Eclipse (EU Server)
ISP: Virgin Media
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

DAXYL
12.29.2012 , 06:31 PM | #497
Gamebooster no longer fixing it for me either hoping it has something to do with the servers not being reset last week cos as of now game is unplayable and I am pre subbed for another 76 days

Disappointing is an understatement at this stage

smooraven
12.29.2012 , 07:48 PM | #498
Also getting this problem on The Bastion, this is the server with my lvl 50 characters on it....
Ping is fine on oceanic servers - sub 50ms, but well over 1000ms on U.S. server, used to be around 180-220ms on the U.S. server...

Either fix your server, or OPEN SERVER TRANSFERS FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO HAVE BEEN FORCED TO REROLL ON OCEANIC SERVERS.... I WILL PAY YOU TO TRANSFER MY CHARACTERS.

Server: The Bastion
ISP: iinet (like that has anything to do with it at all)

Tracert:
Spoiler

Pathping:
Spoiler

Khandri
12.29.2012 , 07:55 PM | #499
Count me in as another person having problems with lagspikes and disconnects.

Server: Begeren Colony
ISP: Road Runner (Time Warner Cable)

Man, it's bad enough I've been having to put up with this same nonsense in WoW for weeks now, but to be running into this here too when nothing else outside of these games is giving me problems is seriously annoying.

DAXYL
12.30.2012 , 12:56 AM | #500
Hmmm still no reply from cs guess I shouldn't be surprised