Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVitrial
12.21.2012 , 05:58 PM | #431
Ever since 1.6, it's been randomly spiking from 69ms to 60000ms.

Server: Harbinger
When: Always, at all times of day, but most often when in a group or when queued for a group.
Where: Colorado.
Where ingame: EVERYWHERE.
ISP: Comcast. (I'm paying for 30mbps internet, so that's not the problem)

Pathping:
Spoiler

Tracert:
Spoiler

Currok
12.21.2012 , 06:00 PM | #432
I'm on the pot5 server and my latency goes nuts not all the time but usually a few times a day I go from 40 to 4000 then getting dcd. Happens more when I'm qued for a group in fps.

The only place that I get a constant good signal is to play right next to my router. While not playing the game I get full signal strength.

netslayer
12.21.2012 , 06:12 PM | #433
server: pot5
ISP suddenlink 50mb
started last night have not been able to play since then can't even finish a warzone without being dc
I7 3960x (4.6 ghz) Asus Rampage IV ExtremeCorsair Vengeance 16gb quad channel 1333Ocz Vertex 3AMD Gigabyte 7970Corsair AX1200w PSU

DarthVitrial
12.24.2012 , 02:39 PM | #434
Still no Bioware response?

KShafe
12.24.2012 , 02:40 PM | #435
nope... none
StarStyder - Combat Sentinel

rockerboyjohn
12.25.2012 , 01:34 PM | #436
I'm still having issues. I play on The Bastion server. I live in Indiana and my ISP is Frontier, I used to have an almost perfect connection; until a couple of nights ago, and now I suddenly can't play, really upsetting me, because I love this game.

Himeji_Endless
12.25.2012 , 01:41 PM | #437
They are all gone for the holiday!

After the recent Bastion and other server connect issue yesterday, I got back to the game w/ miserable connection of a single red bar and maybe 2 bars at most. Prior to that, I was at 4 bars and usually get 74ms which is great. While EA/BW will always blame everyone else, I highly suspect that they have something to do w/ our issues as other games do not affect customers so poorly.

Its acceptable if the company owns up to its problems, but its totally ludicrous to lie to your customers and do nothing to help them. THAT's how you go out of business.

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

DAXYL
12.25.2012 , 09:24 PM | #438
Server; Dalborra
ISP; TPG
Anywhere in game

Past 4-5 days constantly horrible connection speed normally 18-31ms as of 5 days ago 1red bar or Red x anything from 500-13000 I am full sub game for me currently unplayable my main is a lv 50 sorc healer 5+ second lag just ruins any chance of doin hms or ops

Have contacted ISP even took my computer to someone else's house and with their connection the problem remained all ram and hardware on my system is tested and without fault and even using a diff ISP the problem remained this tells me there is a real issue server side

jprife
12.26.2012 , 10:04 PM | #439
Gave the game a break for a week, started it up again tonight, and PRESTO...instant lag/latency spikes, followed by red x's of death and server disconnects.

Nothing has changed. Sigh.

jprife
12.26.2012 , 10:07 PM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by DAXYL View Post
Server; Dalborra
Have contacted ISP even took my computer to someone else's house and with their connection the problem remained all ram and hardware on my system is tested and without fault and even using a diff ISP the problem remained this tells me there is a real issue server side
Yep, I did the same two months ago. the latency/lag issue was (re)introduced during the "super server" moves and 1.4 back in October. EA/BW has been so fixated on the F2P change that it has done nothing to fix these two game breaking bugs.

NOTHING!