Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
12.15.2012 , 03:28 PM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by KShafe View Post
over 25,000 views on this.. yet no reponse nor resolve from BW... just continues to show how little BW cares about the end user.
Not sure about the not caring, but does seem like some higher up in BW has convinced everyone there, that the problem is our machines or our ISP or anything but them. With that type of POV the chance of anything getting fixed is minimal, until that person is terminated for cause.

grevus
12.15.2012 , 04:39 PM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts so far.

For anyone still being affected by this, please post up copies of your TraceRoutes and PathPings to our servers. This information will help in resolving this issue.

Update: In addition to your Pathping and TraceRoute could you also please post the name of your ISP, the server you play on and your geographical location, ideally using the format below.
  1. Your server
  2. Your ISP
  3. Your geographical location
  4. Pathping - please use [spoiler]copy/paste the data in here[/spoiler]
  5. TraceRoute - please use [spoiler]copy/paste the data in here[/spoiler]

Again, thanks.
cable america
jedi covenent
Missouri

path
Spoiler

trace
Spoiler

grevus
12.16.2012 , 02:00 PM | #413
bumping this thread... there is STILL a serious issue with lag in game.

its so bad that the game is unplayable.

I'm preferred status, but if I was a sub I would be seriously upset and would want a refund..just sayin

jprife
12.16.2012 , 05:55 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
Today I've managed to completely resolve my server lag, first I enabled Multicast Pass-Through on my routers firewall settings. The second thing I did was go to http://www.opendns.com/business-solu...m-dns/benefits, create an account and follow the instructions, it takes less than 2 mins and you don't need to download anything.
Latest update from Pennsylvania:

OK, I actually spent a good part of the day doing network diagnostics on my machine with the help of a computer professional friend. I downloaded and ran both the OpenDNS program described above and Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4, and the bottom line is that my network is 100% fine but NOTHING has changed with the latency/lag/red x issue/server disconnect issue. In fact, I just got booted (once again) from the new Hypergate WZ not ten minutes ago because of the lag (Jedi Covenant-Very Heavy use tonight). Since we were losing, my PUG mates probably think I deserted them.

This is untenable and I am at my wits end. The game is unplayable for me at the moment, while in the meantime, BW is putting out such nonsense as Life Day stuff, Christmas Light Speeders, and Fireworks.

Come on!!! Where are your priorities???? This is a major, game breaking bug, based on this epic thread alone, with over 25,000 views now. That should tell BW something, but they aren't listening!!!

grevus
12.16.2012 , 06:46 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
Latest update from Pennsylvania:

OK, I actually spent a good part of the day doing network diagnostics on my machine with the help of a computer professional friend. I downloaded and ran both the OpenDNS program described above and Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4, and the bottom line is that my network is 100% fine but NOTHING has changed with the latency/lag/red x issue/server disconnect issue. In fact, I just got booted (once again) from the new Hypergate WZ not ten minutes ago because of the lag (Jedi Covenant-Very Heavy use tonight). Since we were losing, my PUG mates probably think I deserted them.

This is untenable and I am at my wits end. The game is unplayable for me at the moment, while in the meantime, BW is putting out such nonsense as Life Day stuff, Christmas Light Speeders, and Fireworks.

Come on!!! Where are your priorities???? This is a major, game breaking bug, based on this epic thread alone, with over 25,000 views now. That should tell BW something, but they aren't listening!!!

^^ This

Gurritt
12.16.2012 , 08:27 PM | #416
So they replied to my ticket with this trouble shooting forum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=498597

After allowing the launcher.exe and swtor.exe through firewall it sort of helped with the lag out issue. after about 45m of playing it happened again, but after that I havent had any problems besides a few very small lag spikes (probably from my family on the internet). Hope this helps you guys.

jprife
12.16.2012 , 08:55 PM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Gurritt View Post
So they replied to my ticket with this trouble shooting forum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=498597

After allowing the launcher.exe and swtor.exe through firewall it sort of helped with the lag out issue. after about 45m of playing it happened again, but after that I havent had any problems besides a few very small lag spikes (probably from my family on the internet). Hope this helps you guys.
All of that's been done repeatedly since October. It doesn't work.

jprife
12.17.2012 , 05:16 AM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Daimen,

I understand what you mean, and I'm sorry if that came across the wrong way. I wasn't trying to single anyone out there or anything like that, I just needed to make sure to get this information from as many of you as possible to help with the investigation.

All I can say at this point is that we are looking into this, as soon as we know more, either myself or one of my colleagues will post here to keep you updated.

Sorry again for any misunderstanding with my last post.
So, that was almost two months ago....where are the follow-up posts from CS on this very serious issue?

autobahnjovi
12.17.2012 , 08:38 AM | #419
Don't know if this will help anyone, but i had horrible lag that made the game unplayable for about a week, i tried all of the fixes in this thread and submitting a ticket, including router restart, with no results until I unplugged my router and left in unplugged for about a minute. I've had absolutely no lag since. Hope this helps!

Hajrian
12.17.2012 , 02:41 PM | #420
So noone has found a real fix for this? I played just fine until last thursday...
I have tried the following to fix the issue:

Reset Router
Forwarded all SWTOR ports
logged on windows as admin
Disabled antivirus
Disabled windows firewall
Disabled router firewall
Run the game in compatibility mode

I play all other online games without issue, and download and stream online just fine...
If nobody can come up with a fix, or if the issue is not resolved in the next maintenance, I might as well cancel my subscription, since I can't play for more than tops 10 mins before getting a red X