Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rezzorc
11.07.2012 , 02:47 PM | #251
Getting this lag issue started today for me get a red x on latency icon and goes from 20 ms up to 18000+ ms then kicks me to character selection then when i try to get back in it tells me my account has be disconnected or something like that so i have to restart the game in order to play, Usually you pay a subscription to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen or gets fixed soon. Looks like it hasn't yet.

KShafe
11.08.2012 , 01:29 PM | #252
please fix
StarStyder - Lvl 55 Sentinel
DirtRyderz - LvL 55 Gunslinger
SunStryder - LvL 55 Inquisitor
Strydetrain - LvL 55 Vanguard

gilephor
11.08.2012 , 01:32 PM | #253
I have been getting this as well and do not believe it is related to any sort of connection of mine to the internet. Speedtests at home have me running about 10MB down and ping times around 60ms. So this is something going on in my opinion with their inbound connections, it has been going on around a week now.

Lightrider
11.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #254
I've been experiencing the same issue since I started playing more actively again recently. I get extreme lag spikes, or just the red X connection lost, and eventually booted back to the login screen.

When this happens, my internet still works and I can load dynamic web pages, but SWTOR connection stays bad until I log back in a couple minutes later.

Beesodd
11.08.2012 , 04:22 PM | #255 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts so far.

For anyone still being affected by this, please post up copies of your TraceRoutes and PathPings to our servers. This information will help in resolving this issue.

Update: In addition to your Pathping and TraceRoute could you also please post the name of your ISP, the server you play on and your geographical location, ideally using the format below.
  1. Your server
  2. Your ISP
  3. Your geographical location
  4. Pathping - please use [spoiler]copy/paste the data in here[/spoiler]
  5. TraceRoute - please use [spoiler]copy/paste the data in here[/spoiler]

Again, thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Daniel_Caparros
11.09.2012 , 08:11 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Rezzorc View Post
Getting this lag issue started today for me get a red x on latency icon and goes from 20 ms up to 18000+ ms then kicks me to character selection then when i try to get back in it tells me my account has be disconnected or something like that so i have to restart the game in order to play, Usually you pay a subscription to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen or gets fixed soon. Looks like it hasn't yet.
this is happening to me too, i'll try to do what the CS guys asked, but note that is hard to do since you need to tracer/ping at the exact time swtor gives the red X of death

thatghost
11.09.2012 , 01:47 PM | #257
Very frustrating. This has been happening to me since the 10/30 patch. Server is Shadowlands. I was going to ride this out silently in hopes of a fix but today I was Red X'd while I was in The Foundry-
Spoiler
- and that was the proverbial last straw.
Come on. This is obviously not just a handful of people with bad connections user-side. Please please get this fixed. 1.5 is going to be unplayable...

AdmiralJaycen
11.09.2012 , 06:49 PM | #258
I haven't been able to play this game in over a week...maybe it's coincidence but after Sandy I've had constant lag, red x, etc.. never had lag problems before. Game crashes suddenly, long load times, horrible lag... is 1.5 going to address these issues? I haven't seen a response from BW in this thread, or is everyone contacting/ being contacted directly? This is very strange, I am considering cancelling my sub.

Info:
East Coast
Shadowlands
Verizon FIOS

Any help here would be great, thanks
Qui-Gon Jinn at the end of ROTJ! MTFBWY, always...

Glower
11.11.2012 , 07:18 AM | #259
BIOWARE! Fix this s before f2p comes!
Its just WRONG playing with lag spikes (50-400-500)!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Glower
11.11.2012 , 07:19 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
This has been happening to me since the 10/30 patch
THIS!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)