Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galactarius_
10.22.2012 , 03:47 PM | #131
Any more information on this problem yet? Anyway; hope you can help us solve this.

EDIT: Here is my traceRoute!

Spoiler

Here is my PathPing!

Spoiler

Cerimon
10.22.2012 , 05:34 PM | #132 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

@msward: your pathping shows 100% packet loss as soon as your connection gets to your Internet Provider. We advise you to contact them in order to rectify this.

@Theodulus: your pathping shows a lot of hops to get to the destination. Are you usign a non-standard DNS configuration? If not then flushing your DNS may help you.
Please flush your DNS cache as follows:
First hold the windows key on your keyboard and press the R key.
When the run window appears type CMD into the box and press enter.
When the CMD window opens type ipconfig /flushdns.
When you have done this correctly they should see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache".
If this command fails with the message "Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution." this means your DNS client Service is not active.
If this is the case, please see the following page for instructions to reactivate the DNS client Service: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919746
Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Galactarius_
10.22.2012 , 10:20 PM | #133
Happened again. Suddenly, i was kicked out in a very brutal manner. It actually hurts

Bioware, do you have any more information for us. If not, please give me some feedback on the info i provided in the post above.

Asmodoeus
10.22.2012 , 11:57 PM | #134
Having the same problems as the rest lately and game play fun is awefull, hasn't been as bad today but it's still bad. Ran the trace and pathping as requested hopefully this will be fixed soon thanks again for your assistance in this matter.

PathPing

Spoiler

And tracert

Spoiler

Theodulus
10.23.2012 , 01:51 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
@Theodulus: your pathping shows a lot of hops to get to the destination. Are you usign a non-standard DNS configuration? If not then flushing your DNS may help you.
Please flush your DNS cache as follows:
First hold the windows key on your keyboard and press the R key.
When the run window appears type CMD into the box and press enter.
When the CMD window opens type ipconfig /flushdns.
When you have done this correctly they should see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache".
If this command fails with the message "Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution." this means your DNS client Service is not active.
If this is the case, please see the following page for instructions to reactivate the DNS client Service: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919746
The DNS servers are what my ISP provides. Primary DNS-server is 212.112.34.12 and secondary is 212.112.34.13. Flushing the DNS didn't seem to help. I am usually around 60-70ms latency and today I have spikes up to 500ms. No disconnects so far though. It seems I'm only having issues during the server's prime times.

New tracert

Spoiler

New pathping
Spoiler

RickShan
10.23.2012 , 03:22 PM | #136
So, i turned off my router...or pulled the cable from to modem connecting to it and problems were gone, no more disconnects or high ms.
Only another PC uses it to connect to the internet, and the one I'm using doesn't need it on.
Guess my router needs replacing

Asmodoeus
10.23.2012 , 03:56 PM | #137
Ok everyone this might work for some and some it might not but an update on my other post above before the servers went down for Maintenance. The information from the tracert and the path ping I took that and sent it to my ISP cable provider,

I was amazed at how fast it was replied to I had called a week before and no one showed up to fix or check the problem. Today when I woke up and checked my mail
Brian, the internet connectivity depends on various factors. For instance, signals on the network, traffic or data transmission on the network and secondly on home network, like multiple computers connected to the internet through router or any other device.
I have checked the network status using our internal tools and found out that there was problems with internet connectivity in your area. Our engineers have been made aware of the problem and they have fixed this issue now. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.
Everything is fine from our end now. I have run a ping test on the Modem as well, and there is no packet loss on it.

Ok so with all these posts everyone is aware of packet loss some might be from SWTOR but, I'm gambling the majority of it is from servers in your area I also looked up the IP address with IP-address.org and saw it was my cable providers server.
My Server Lagg (MS) is now back around 59-66 where it used to be so seems problem was fixed., at least for the most part.
Also I researched the steps that was posted on the Top 10 Issues and Solutions before I emailed my ISP technical support.

DHCP configs,Multiple Firewalls, also seem to be a possible factors you could look into. Hope this might help some people, try sending the tracert and pathping to your ISP providers tech support and hopefully your problem might can be fixed like mine was.

Cerimon
10.23.2012 , 04:05 PM | #138 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

@Theodulus: We advise that you try a Winsock reset; you can do this by opening Command Prompt and running it as Administrator. To do this, please follow the steps below:
  1. 1. Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
  2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "Run as Administrator"
  3. Type in the following command and then press enter : Netsh winsock reset catalog
  4. Type in the following command and then press enter : Netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    Please restart your computer to complete the reset process.

@Galactarius_: you seem to have a low level of packet loss pretty much all along your route to our servers. Are you connecting from a corporate/college/hotel network? If so you may need to contact your local network administrator. If you are using Wi-Fi, try using a wired ethernet connection instead.

@Asmodoeus: very happy your ISP could resolve your heavy packet loss.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

jprife
10.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #139
Day 5:

Just logged in to see if there was any improvement following today's maintenance. Right off the bat, I got a Red X and a disconnect. Not cool.

masterwomp
10.23.2012 , 06:27 PM | #140
At first I thought it was a trojan so I ran a virus check and caught a few bugs but this did not work so I reinstalled the game and this did not work, what kind of happy horse pupu am I paying for, lag which makes combat unplayable, the least bioware can do is throw in a goodie or two to the players who have to endure this nonsense, you know maybe a rank 1 speeder or a pet, something, a stim, a cocktail, a new color crystal, SOMETHING, this is frustrating to say the least, instead of releasing all these 1. updates, maybe the team should focus on perfecting the present features some more, SMH

The Bastion
NY