Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tirvaak
10.21.2012 , 10:27 AM | #91 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Daimen View Post
Tirvaak, in defense of those that haven't posted pathpings or tracerts, Beesodd didn't ask us to post that info, just post our server, location, and ISP. So not everyone knew to post tracerts and pathpings. I mean 3 days and NOW you guys ask for that info? So, whats been done on this issue the past 3 days?
Hi Daimen,

I understand what you mean, and I'm sorry if that came across the wrong way. I wasn't trying to single anyone out there or anything like that, I just needed to make sure to get this information from as many of you as possible to help with the investigation.

All I can say at this point is that we are looking into this, as soon as we know more, either myself or one of my colleagues will post here to keep you updated.

Sorry again for any misunderstanding with my last post.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Sven_Razak
10.21.2012 , 10:40 AM | #92
I have been having massive lag issues since for the last 3 days...prior to that I never had an issue.

My internest connection is amazing so that is not the problem. The problem has to be at SWTOR's end.

Sometimes it takes me 4 to 5 attemps to even log into the game now becasue I can't connect to the server, then I get the red X with anywhere from 12k to 40k ping.

Yet on some log attemps there are no problems. I hope this gets fixed as it is extremly frustrating to not even be able to log in and play a game I am being charged for.

XendorRyuthokar
10.21.2012 , 10:59 AM | #93
Yes a solution has been found by the players,

Those players who use TS3 or Vent or mumble and other background programs while playing SWTOR may try closing all background programs, all of em

My guild makes it mandatory to be on Vent when in game so I did not discover this until this morning.

With all my background programs closed i no longer have latency issues.

Thanx Bioware for you Help.

And I wasnt going to waste my time with a trace as i knew it was a patch related issue not a user related issue.
Ebon Hawk server
Rruothk'ar - Pauperor - Nebuleus - Dhakragol - Necrodameus

Ninquelen
10.21.2012 , 11:24 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi guys,

Thank you all for taking the time to post about the latency/lag issues you have experienced in the last few days. Some of you have already posted pathpings and tracerts, which is greatly appreciated but we require some more from those of you that haven't posted them, in order to get a better view on what is happening.

Please also include your location, ISP and server that you are encountering this issue on.
Sorry for not doing this before. I had to fiddle with my computer a looooong time to make it work right. (Incompetency on my part.)

Central Texas, Suddenlink, The Ebon Hawk.

tracert:
Spoiler

pathping:

Spoiler

Daimen
10.21.2012 , 11:29 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by XendorRyuthokar View Post
Yes a solution has been found by the players,

Those players who use TS3 or Vent or mumble and other background programs while playing SWTOR may try closing all background programs, all of em

My guild makes it mandatory to be on Vent when in game so I did not discover this until this morning.

With all my background programs closed i no longer have latency issues.

Thanx Bioware for you Help.

And I wasnt going to waste my time with a trace as i knew it was a patch related issue not a user related issue.
I don't use TS3, Vent, or mumble. I was playing Friday for about 3 hours, then bam, lagged out. Saturday morning I logged in with no issues, thought the problem was fixed (i even posted in this thread that it was fixed) then after about an hour, bam, lagged out. (I posted again in this thread that i was mistaken and was not fixed.)

Edit: Does everyone that is having this problem being routed through above.net? Can someone that does not have this issue post their tracert?

XendorRyuthokar
10.21.2012 , 11:41 AM | #96
Sorry to hear this was not related to your issue, It worked to fix my latency issues.

best of luck.
Ebon Hawk server
Rruothk'ar - Pauperor - Nebuleus - Dhakragol - Necrodameus

Amodin
10.21.2012 , 12:05 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
This is obviously a bioware problem not our problem why would it be affecting a huge majority of players if it wasn't?
No, it's not obvious - this could be an internet routing issue - they do happen you know. A major router outage will cause re-routing to take place which will result in things like this, which are totally out of the host control.

I'm not saying that it's not a Bioware issue, I'm saying that there is more than one possible problem.

ZyggiLuk
10.21.2012 , 12:08 PM | #98
Every day that damn same problem DC followed by "The login service is currently unavailable"

* All servers.
* Poland,
* Orange/Polish telecom

Me and my friends still got this problem almost everyday at 8pm (gmt+1).
Fix this FFS....

ps. Internet connection is in good shape no problem with that....

Xaryell
10.21.2012 , 12:33 PM | #99 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the extra information so far. It does help us to identify possible areas in which this issue may reside. If you are having the same issue as the OP, please do post up your pathpings and tracerts as suggested by Tirvaak. Instructions on doing this can be found here.

Ninquelen: Your pathping had not fully completed when you copied the results. Could you run it again and post up the updated results?

Thanks.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Ninquelen
10.21.2012 , 12:54 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaryell View Post
Ninquelen: Your pathping had not fully completed when you copied the results. Could you run it again and post up the updated results?
Sure thing. Sorry about that.

Spoiler