Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 PVE Deception build?

MantorokTwelve
10.19.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1
I've been tanking, but picking up some DPS gear on the side, was madness before 1.3 but I'd like to try deception again for the first time since 1.1

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...fMrRkfbRroZc.2

Is that the general standard? And what's the rotation, isn't it volt slash x 2, shock, repeat, throwing in maul when it procs, discharge on cooldown?

Zaxem
10.19.2012 , 04:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MantorokTwelve View Post
I've been tanking, but picking up some DPS gear on the side, was madness before 1.3 but I'd like to try deception again for the first time since 1.1

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...fMrRkfbRroZc.2

Is that the general standard? And what's the rotation, isn't it volt slash x 2, shock, repeat, throwing in maul when exploit weakness procs, discharge on cooldown?
it's either the build you have or 2/31/8 for chain shock. For rotation i open up with discharge then i go maul if it proc'd if not VSx2 then shock and discharge.Don't forget to use recklessness and overcharged saber.The rotation is more of a priority system
1. Assassinate 30% or lower
2. Maul if exploit weakness is up
3. Voltaic Slash
4. shock with induction
5. Discharge on Cooldown
6. saber strike when low on force.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Xethis
10.19.2012 , 04:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
1. Assassinate 30% or lower
2. Maul if exploit weakness is up
I would actually switch these two. Maul with an Exploit Weakness proc is the same base damage as Assassinate. However Assassinate does not benefit from the increased crit damage that Maul benefits from via the Induction talent. Also Assassinate costs 25 force and Maul with an Exploit Weakness proc is only 12.5 force. I am not 100% on the actual numbers on force regen but when I use Maul on an EW proc it feels like that after the global is over I actually gain force.

MantorokTwelve
10.19.2012 , 10:35 PM | #4
And I assume stat priority is pretty standard, 350 CR and 75% surge, then stack power, correct?