Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The need for a clone army....

Drethon
12.20.2011 , 08:40 AM | #11
Assassinating the Jedi was the big key. Mental programming while in the tube.

Ultimately its because the first movie mentioned the clone wars, at that point Darth Vader wasn't even Luke's father according to some so the rest of the story was just bits and pieces not put together anyway.

jarjarloves
12.20.2011 , 09:28 AM | #12
when I heard of the clone wars (long before the prequels were ever made) I always thought it was about a evil person cloning jedis and there was an army of cloned Jedi.

I even thought he was still going to do this after Episode 1. Why else would he explain how Midicholorines worked if not to give a scientific explination of the force to use in cloning.

Tavenji
12.20.2011 , 10:11 AM | #13
If I know Lucas (and I think I do), He chose the name "Clone Wars" in the original movie just because he liked the sound of it.

Saryk
12.20.2011 , 10:26 AM | #14
I never understood the clones myself. I would have build my own robot army. They donít disobey or cry when shot, easily repairable!

dcmassena
12.20.2011 , 10:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Saryk View Post
I never understood the clones myself. I would have build my own robot army. They donít disobey or cry when shot, easily repairable!
Lmfao.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

dcmassena
12.20.2011 , 10:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Drethon View Post
Assassinating the Jedi was the big key. Mental programming while in the tube.

Ultimately its because the first movie mentioned the clone wars, at that point Darth Vader wasn't even Luke's father according to some so the rest of the story was just bits and pieces not put together anyway.
Darth Vader was Luke's Father, go and watch the ending. ._. He had s** with Luke's mother and there go two babies. One of them are Luke!
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

thesupermanj
12.20.2011 , 11:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dcmassena View Post
Darth Vader was Luke's Father, go and watch the ending. ._. He had s** with Luke's mother and there go two babies. One of them are Luke!

Yes, he knows that. He is refering to Episode IV aka Star Wars before the whole story was put together, the Clone Wars was mentioned and Darth Vader was not Luke's father.
Squadron 367 (▀!Ξ[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!██████████████████████████████████) My Saga Began 12/13/11 8:45am

Bielduwyn
12.20.2011 , 11:15 AM | #18
If you've got an hour to waste, which with the current login queues seems very likely, you should watch this and you'll realise that this isn't even worth thinking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Ruan
12.20.2011 , 01:29 PM | #19
The Republic never needed the clone army, without it they would have negotiated a settlement with the separatists; acceding to the Trade Federation's demands about taxation or whatever nonsense.

Remember though that Darth Sidious set the whole thing up. Fighting the war with an army of clones next to his alternative of conscription got him huge favour with the population. It helped that he was behind the separatists to begin with and arranged for them to commit horrible war crimes to set the general population against them.
Social features; cantinas, player housing, guild cities, these are what SWG did right.
PvP specific gear is the best way to kill PvP by segregating your player base.

Barvil
12.20.2011 , 01:40 PM | #20
Clones are abomination, but they are living things after all. Republic needed coordinated army, not just local in-system home defense fleets, incapable of fighting a war. Separatist threat was growing too fast and there was no time to enlist enough men in both navy and army.
And lets not forget, that Republic was doing almost good before formation of CIS. And, CIS was formed by Dooku. And, Dooku was Sidious' apprentice. It was Sith, who needed clone army, not Republic.
Although, I have to admit - clones have that awesome look despite their anti-camouflaging white armor.