Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are folks still running lower level FPs?

alifaraaz
10.20.2012 , 09:22 AM | #11
I'm levelling my sorc through just flashpoints and WZs
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Larry_Dallas
10.20.2012 , 12:43 PM | #12
For Tanks, the pop is instantaneous. For healers, the pop is quick (usually only as long as it takes for a single tank to q). For DPS, it can take a while. Just has to do with representative population. Best way to get these is to level as a tank or healer.

Quote: Originally Posted by jmsutton View Post
I find them much easier to get into with the Group Finder than they used to be, but there still seems to be this weird gap. What I mean by that is from 10-30 it's really easy to get FP pops, but from 30-49 it's like they disappear and people don't do those later ones.
This is true, but I'd modify it to say between 10-30 (up to Cademimu) it's really easy, from 30-42ish it's pretty tough, then from 42 up (colicoid and RR), it's easy again. If I had to guess why, it would be because the tanks might be dps or healer mains from the other faction and don't know the two cross-faction flashpoints that pop in the 30s and thus, don't q or respec dps for about 10 levels.

Edit: this is based on my experiences leveling two post-merger toons on Jedi Covenant.

Ms_Sunlight
10.21.2012 , 05:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
For Tanks, the pop is instantaneous. For healers, the pop is quick (usually only as long as it takes for a single tank to q). For DPS, it can take a while. Just has to do with representative population. Best way to get these is to level as a tank or healer.
In my experience, levelling as a tank or healer is slow. I'm levelling a JG in tank spec at the moment, and planetside questing is significantly slower than with a DPS. I know a lot of people level their characters as DPS for this reason and and re-spec at 50. That probably means there's an even bigger shortage of tanks and healers at mid-levels than at end game. (At low levels it doesn't matter, because up until about lv20 a DPS is pretty much the same as a healer or tank, they haven't accrued enough skill points yet for there to be a huge difference.)
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

lklinga
10.22.2012 , 07:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jmsutton View Post
My experience leveling my Gunslinger on Jedi Covenant is that I got frequently reliable pops all the way up until Athiss. One or two pops for Mandalorian Raiders, and then after that I am not really getting any pops at all.

Maybe leveling my tank will be different.
I have exactly the same experience on my server

Moondragon
10.22.2012 , 11:50 AM | #15
It seems sooooo random at times.

There's been days where I would log in with my Sith, get ton's of group finder FP's in a 4-5 hour play session. Next day...SAME FP's...not a one. Not a single FP in roughly the same amount of time.
Then switch to Pub....and same thing would happen.

So it honestly just depends on the day for me.
Dai'alastar Moondragon .
Jedi Guardian
Jung Ma Looking for Guild

JamieKirby
10.24.2012 , 03:04 PM | #16
I used to, but i stopped doing pre-50 flashpoints, personally got fed up with getting pestered to skip everything, why should i ruin my experience because they want to rush through it like morons?

Either way, i just solo up to level 50, i will never understand other players' impatients or stupidity to repeat the same flashpoint all day long.