Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So apparently someone goofed on NPC faction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So apparently someone goofed on NPC faction

BeauBard
10.19.2012 , 12:22 AM | #1
Tonight, an L50 Imp Sniper was hanging out inside the Alderaan space port picking off everyone that came or went due to the average of a 20+ level advantage. He was alone and by the time a 50 Rep from off world showed up, he had moved on. The problem is that there are multiple L50 Champion level turrets outside the spaceport, two of which are right at the door. I was unsure of how he got into the spaceport to camp and slaughter so many. I was then told over general chat that those L50 Champion turrets are yellow to him, or neutral, not red, or aggressive. So as long as his companion doesn't attack them and he does the same, they'll let him walk right on by. So either someone set the turrets incorrectly or there is a bug here. What is the point of the turrets being there if they do nothing at all? None of the other NPCs in the area appeared to have any interest in him at all. I've played other MMOs where every NPC of your faction was set to aggressive against the opposite faction. Its something I was kind of used to. This helped is areas that were supposed to be deemed safe. Our own spaceport on Alderaan should be a safe zone, right?

Alec_Fortescue
10.19.2012 , 12:49 AM | #2
You can get past the cannons by stealthing or dying and "ghosting" past. My entire guild used to raid the spaceport when there was more players, we just had tanks to tank the cannons while rest ran inside the space port and then tanks followed. Cannons will use aggro, they've rather small range.

errant_knight
10.19.2012 , 12:56 AM | #3
Am I the only one who finds this hysterical? Especially the lone imperial sniper who wanders! LOLOL! You're a long way from home, buddy.

AshlaBoga
10.19.2012 , 02:10 AM | #4
ANY class can make it past most guards.

On Nar Shadda I soloed Alien Outreach Center guards on my sorc and then looted the tasty Grand Race tokens (I don't gank lowbies so I left right after).

On Tatooine a Shadow ganked a lowbie of mine so I jumped on my Jug and ran past the guards in the little outpost he fled to until I lost aggro (about 75m from their spot) and then I killed him

The npc guards in this game are jokes, some of them can be soloed, others have such a tight leash that you can just run to the other side of the enemy base and you'll exit combat.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!