Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give us a security key for Android

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Give us a security key for Android

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ranyhyn
12.19.2011 , 05:52 PM | #1
Okay, so I'm very interested in getting the security key generator for mobile phone, and I notice you only support apple products. Could you please make the same service available to Android users?

Or is there something I have missed, and it's actually available already?

jibaba
12.19.2011 , 05:54 PM | #2
I agree with the above. I own an android phone. Why do we get short changed because we dont own apple products.

Bad-Mojo
12.19.2011 , 09:30 PM | #3
They are working on both a Blackberry and Android authenticator.

WhoAmEyE
12.19.2011 , 09:35 PM | #4
I agree with the OP. Given that Android is being used by more Americans (can't speak for other countries) per comScore's October Mobile Subscriber Report (http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share), I see no reason why the iPhone app would have been released first... or at least in tangent with an Android app. The October statistics show a 46.3% market share for Google's OS and only 28.1% for Apple's.

/scratchhead

Warhaven
12.19.2011 , 09:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranyhyn View Post
Okay, so I'm very interested in getting the security key generator for mobile phone, and I notice you only support apple products. Could you please make the same service available to Android users?

Or is there something I have missed, and it's actually available already?
Heh. Irony at its best. We have a security app only on iPhone, and a game client only on Windows.

WhoAmEyE
12.19.2011 , 09:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Warhaven View Post
Heh. Irony at its best. We have a security app only on iPhone, and a game client only on Windows.
The irony is putting a security application on an iPhone or Android.

skyjaq
12.19.2011 , 09:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Warhaven View Post
I was typing up so snazzy comeback/remark but then I got the BSOD and didn't feel like typing it all over again. But on a more serious note, I agree with the need for the Android App. Security apps are becoming more and more common so why they didn't work on/release the app on all platforms at once is beyond me. Looking forward to the app.

Aieny
12.19.2011 , 09:56 PM | #8
The irony is that the one group that doesn't get it first seems to complain how they are getting "slighted" because they don't have one yet. I saw the exact opposite situation when Rift came out with its authenticator: the Android version came out a couple weeks before the iPhone version did, and iPhone users were up-in-arms about how unfair it was they didn't get an authenticator.

WhoAmEyE
12.19.2011 , 09:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
The irony is that the one group that doesn't get it first seems to complain how they are getting "slighted" because they don't have one yet. I saw the exact opposite situation when Rift came out with its authenticator: the Android version came out a couple weeks before the iPhone version did, and iPhone users were up-in-arms about how unfair it was they didn't get an authenticator.
How is that ironic?

Aieny
12.19.2011 , 10:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoAmEyE View Post
How is that ironic?
Because I'm seeing the exact same arguments from the Android users here that the iPhone users were using when Rift's Android authenticator was first available.