Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

trading crafting skills

lycanthro
10.18.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1
Three questions:

1. if I change my current crafting skill (Artifice LVL400) for Synthweaving, do I still stay at LVL 400, or do I start over.

2. Is it possible to barter crafted items with crafters of other skills. example- I can craft LVL 50 lightsaber crystals (red Hawkee, Red Indestructable, Blue Indestructible Green....). Could I find someone in my Guild with Synthweaving as their crafting skill and barter crafted items between each other. It would be very cood to set up a crafting bartering system rather than pay the inflated prices at the Galactic market.

3. You can buy unassembled kits of items from Armor to weapons to relics from Black Hole vendors, Rakata vendors, Tionese vendors, etc. If I bought an unassembled kit, can it be sent via mail to someone in my guild or a friend with the right crafting skill to be assembled, or does it bind to the purchaser or assembler. It would really shorten the time spent getting a complete set of Black Hole, Rakata, etc. gear.

Lycanthros

psandak
10.18.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by lycanthro View Post
Three questions:

1. if I change my current crafting skill (Artifice LVL400) for Synthweaving, do I still stay at LVL 400, or do I start over.

2. Is it possible to barter crafted items with crafters of other skills. example- I can craft LVL 50 lightsaber crystals (red Hawkee, Red Indestructable, Blue Indestructible Green....). Could I find someone in my Guild with Synthweaving as their crafting skill and barter crafted items between each other. It would be very cood to set up a crafting bartering system rather than pay the inflated prices at the Galactic market.

3. You can buy unassembled kits of items from Armor to weapons to relics from Black Hole vendors, Rakata vendors, Tionese vendors, etc. If I bought an unassembled kit, can it be sent via mail to someone in my guild or a friend with the right crafting skill to be assembled, or does it bind to the purchaser or assembler. It would really shorten the time spent getting a complete set of Black Hole, Rakata, etc. gear.

Lycanthros
1 - you have to start over

2 - honestly it could prove very difficult to find a player who wants what you have AND have what you want. This is what the GTN is for. you sell what you have and then buy what you want. In most (not all) guilds members offer their crafting services freely - someone wants something crafted you just do it. eventually you will need something and someone will craft it for you.

3 - the unassembled kits are Bind on Pickup - once you have one in your inventory you cannot give it to anyone else (except as of 1.4 for someone who grouped with you when you got it for up to two hours of played time). So, first, you cannot buy them, you have to acquire them through flashpoints. You can then use it to "buy" the appropriate gear piece but that too is BoP. So only you or your companions can use it.

DeltaEkotte
10.18.2012 , 10:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by lycanthro View Post
Three questions:

Lycanthros
1. No you start over from lv 1, and you loose any schems that you gained, you don't get them back if you return to the original crew skill.
2. Its up to you if you want to barter your goods, many crafters are bartering campaign/dread guard (26/27) mods for mats, you give the crafter the mats he makes it for you for free, just as an example of what people are doing now.
3. With 1.4 you can trade those unassembled items, you can't mail them because they are bound sadly. And to be turned into a real assembeled peice of gear they don't need to be crafted, in a sense they are tokens that you turn in for gear.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist; E-Chimaera