Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at Login Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lareyt
10.18.2012 , 02:01 AM | #1
Good morning tech support,

title says it all, I'm stuck at the "login" screen after I hit the play button in the launcher. No character or server selection pops up, just an infinite standard loading screen with an endlessly spinning cog wheel.

Based on threads from other users with the same problem I already did the following:

Reset the settings in the AppData. Result: Saw the intro cinematic, as expected, problem still persistent.
Win XP SP3 compatibility mode for Launcher.exe and swtor.exe: Problem still persistent.
Flush DNS cache: Problem still persistent.

Other things to note are neither does the repair function help nor is my PTS client functional, same problem there.

Windows, .NET Framework including, although probably obsolete for SW:TOR, version 4.5, C++ redistributables and drivers are updated. Also executed the vc2008redist_x86.exe in the extras folder of my SW:TOR installation just to make sure I had the needed Visual C++ Redistributable installed.

Logs

Client log:
Spoiler

Trace route to the only IP swtor.exe connects to according to my network monitor:
Spoiler

Lareyt
10.18.2012 , 02:03 AM | #2
DxDiag part 1:
Spoiler

Lareyt
10.18.2012 , 02:03 AM | #3
Unimportant DxDiag part 2!
Spoiler

Lareyt
10.20.2012 , 05:40 AM | #4
Two days later, still can't get past the first loading screen.

Tirvaak
10.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Lareyt,

I'm very sorry of the delay in replying, hopefully we will be able to get you back into the game soon.

Could you tell what server were you last logged into, and have you tried to use the repair through the launcher to see if it allows you past this screen?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

SturmUndSterne
10.20.2012 , 01:04 PM | #6
With this happening to multiple users on a daily basis, when is your company going to admit that this isn't a client-side issue but a bug on your servers?

Repairing the client won't fix it. Get your act together and fix the game, please.

derex
10.20.2012 , 01:19 PM | #7
Same thing is happening to me..

Beesodd
10.20.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Derex,

When did you start encountering this issue? Also, can you recall what server you connected to last? Is the cog icon in the corner still spinning?

There was an issue last night where this was affecting players on The Red Eclipse. This issue is now resolved, but I want to check that they're not related.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Lareyt
10.22.2012 , 08:44 AM | #9
Hi Tirvaak,

the server in question is Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Also

Quote: Originally Posted by Lareyt View Post
Other things to note are neither does the repair function help nor is my PTS client functional, same problem there.

Wara
10.22.2012 , 09:20 AM | #10
I have the same problem- Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Kawa'rale character, it happend when we finished The Lost Island (HM), and then I choose I want to go back to exit destination...
Loading screen is stuck in about 20%, the cog is still rotating, but nothing happend then...

edid: This solution was working for me:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544584
Verba docent, exempla trahunt...