Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

X-Wing Alliance Mod for Space Combat

Slidder
12.19.2011 , 05:48 PM | #1
Just received my space craft and i have a suggestion for the developers, mod in the X-wing alliance flight sim.

As it is right now the flight sim in TOR is less than stellar. However i understand the massive task it was to make this game and i am very happy you put the space flight in.

In the future as part of the upgrade scheme please put the X-Wing Alliance flight sim into the game (or one like it)

Lets hear from another person

Thanks

StratisX
12.19.2011 , 05:54 PM | #2
An X-wing a few thousand years before it was invented.... hmm.... good idea
sarcasm /on
The Force shall free me

jordachep
12.19.2011 , 05:59 PM | #3
X-Wings do not exist yet... but I'm sure bio ware will add it in 3000 years, just wait it out

NeoJagFan
12.19.2011 , 05:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slidder View Post
Just received my space craft and i have a suggestion for the developers, mod in the X-wing alliance flight sim.

As it is right now the flight sim in TOR is less than stellar. However i understand the massive task it was to make this game and i am very happy you put the space flight in.

In the future as part of the upgrade scheme please put the X-Wing Alliance flight sim into the game (or one like it)

Lets hear from another person

Thanks
The devs did say they were planing on "expanding space in a big way."

Slidder
12.19.2011 , 05:59 PM | #5
I guess you didnt understand, so lets try this again. Just use the flight sim with the given craft in TOR.

Easy Eh!

XInfernoX
12.19.2011 , 09:54 PM | #6
Free space flight is on the drawing board. Bioware just wasn't able to implement it on release because they had to dedicate so much of their time to ground content.
Major Dev Ikeo-varr
Republic Commando
<Infinity Squadron>

"Sounds like you could use a soldier."

Netwarrio
12.19.2011 , 10:25 PM | #7
Yeh I'm really keen to see free space flight too - as it is at the moment the space flight feels too arcadey for my liking. But I too understand the effort that has gone into this game thus far and am really liking the ground combat. Improving the space combat down the track would round it out very nicely.....

Yodasteacher
12.19.2011 , 10:26 PM | #8
If you want space fights and free space flying play eve online, if you wanna use a lightsaber ect play swtor! Problem solved!

Test Post Please Ignore

Trisk
12.19.2011 , 10:29 PM | #9
I had no real problem with flight except that it's way too easy and long/short pending on the mission they can drag on long after I've already 'won'

I spend a lot of time alttabbed because I'm invincible.

That being said, open world flight missions? Possible coop/group content? That'd be amazing.
Lets be civilized. And understand, we know nothing about this game. (Not uh, philosophical. I mean SW:TOR) (ORIGINALLY CREATED 2008)

Acilimos
12.19.2011 , 10:31 PM | #10
As others have stated, Bioware has told us there will be improvements to the space combat. As it stands now, its a pretty awesome diversion, and great to pass the time while you're crew-skillin'.

I don't know that I would ever want free-form flight in this game. Definitely not if it was attached to the missions. Everyone points to Galaxies, and some things were great, there, (like modding out your ship, building new ships and such) but throwing on the auto-pilot for 10 minutes while you flew out to an objective was uncool.

Free form flight would be neat, but I would want it executed much differently than the way SOE did it. <shudder> SOE... yuck!
MADCLAWS
Pot5