Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ebon Hawk Bad Form

Jenzali
10.18.2012 , 11:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GrindStone View Post
If you lose you try again.
There's a step missing in there - learning from mistakes

Anyway, don't let it get to you. People get into disagreements and leave groups for all sorts of reasons. E-drama happens all the time in every MMO, best thing to do is shake it off and keep going. It wouldn't hurt to be open to suggestions though, it sounds like the people were impatient and had played a Jedi Shadow before so their advice may be right.

Quote:
I rush in on the robot an hit it a few times, nobody else is there
It's best to only attack when the rest of your group is ready. "Leroy"-ing happens so often that people automatically assume that the person in question is doing it on purpose to piss off the group, rather than genuinely being inexperienced. The term comes from an old WoW video where someone intentionally kills his entire raid.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

GrindStone
10.19.2012 , 04:12 AM | #12
Well yeah thanks, that's the kind of thing I was looking for I reckon. +3 points for joo YAY! None of it was a leroy Jinkenz though. They took their sweet time getting to the fleet. I had picked up the Daily for the flashpoint an shared it with them because they didn't know about it. 10 minutes later they skip the dialog so I rush in an start fighting as fast as I could to save some time. I knew it would be a long one.

I saw 2 NPC's but there were 4 more hiding behind a corner. Pulled argo on them an it killed everyone. I told them what happened an said sorry. We didn't call the attack on the big robot, so they just went on me, but consular speed dash is a little fast, so I got there way early. Took damage turned around an dashed back only to see them running past. Then I turned around again an attacked, pulled agro off one player to tank.

Then it must have been a special mini boss area attack because it seems like they all died at the same time. I dashed away with about 300-600 health an hide behind a cargo container, an tried to jump up the cave an get away. I almost made it too, rats. By the time I died they were all gone. I guess my problem was that you don't go into hammer an fail then abandon it. We've spent hours in there before, an still failed.

The main guy that wanted to do it that we were helping. He had finished hammer early this year near launch. The others had never done it. Since they hadn't they wouldn't understand the idea of hitting the begining as fast as possible yet. So I can see how that would look like "S$%T" I took the bad form an used it to build the shadow character up better than it was then, so something good came from it I guess. Though nothing to do with Tanking.

Looking back one of the major problems is that I tried to kite the big guy back toward them, but it had a insane long range mining laser attack that heated me up so that I was glowing like the sun. Totally awesome. I held as much of the agro as I could durring the battle while still staying alive. Even if I was able to hold the agro the whole time, it would have ended much quicker. We pulled it down to almost 25% I thought it was amazing.

*griefed player incident*

The other guy that we griefed, we all came from far away to help him finish "Fall of the Locust" I've never seen a heroic go more well up to the halfway point where someone lost connection. So it's not like the person that left wasn't getting a mad insane amount of XP, it's that for 1 whole minute he didn't get any XP. The reason why is because we were waiting on the person that lost conneciton to come back. We even tried to explain how normal this is to the XP guy.

*grief*

Come on let's keep going

No we're not going to leave someone just because they lost connection.

Yeah they'll miss out on the bonus

I could have got to level 22 by now (two levels higher *said in the first minute waiting*)

Take a break.

* Two blue twileks get nearly naked an start dancing*

Twileks say silly dance party stuff

Argument continues after explaining already we get more direct about it.

He leaves before 2 minutes.

We global that he left a heroic with two half naked dancing Twileks in it

He says that guys that play as girls is gross

The other blue twilek says, oh yeah I'm a married woman with a child :P

I don't say nuthing for a while, because I'm a guy playing a girl an it's gross

I say "awe *Player Name* come on back"

I invite

nothing

I switch leaders they invite

We /tell invite him and invite him a last time within the hour

We spend the next two hours finishing the heroic we didn't even want to do in the first place by ourselfs with compaions after getting killed about 10 times each.

*end grief*
*begin flamed*

Quote:
Dude, just go back to WoW. Last thing I need is an arrogant, hating, griefer who won't listen in my lowbie groups. I can only imagine how much you'd flop in PvP. I can't believe someone chooses to leave your group and you "spit curse" at them and then intentionally grief them. You're garbage.
I thought your anger post was funny. I never tried WOW. I played Matrix Online until it closed down, an then post NGE SWG until it closed down. I didn't mean to make it sound like I won't listen. I'll take anything I read into account, but that don't mean I'll change how or what I do.

I'm garbage I get that, I understand. I'm not part of the cool TOR players group. I never have been. Because of that it is near impossible for me to even speak of TOR. Don't worry it doesn't bother me, it's been happening with TOR the last 4 years. I'm not the one that got upset about it.

It does bother me a great deal when I get called "S$#T" or "Garbage" for example. All it does is confirm a large amount of the community hasn't changed an won't change from being negitive. Shooting down anyone different from their niche group or anyone that has no direct benifit to offer them.

I was shut down for over a days time from being blamed for a groups failure an being called "S#$T". I don't know anyone in their right mind that would sign on for that. I'll joke around griefing someone, but there's a line you can cross which breaks the terms of conduct you know. There's a reason for that.

I feel better now from what I've fished for in this post an others. However to keep playing I had to turn off chat inside the game altogether, and ignore any group content. The sad part is that it wasn't a loss for me in any way. I did get lucky an found 1 friend in the game, so there is at least some hope of playing this game.

Thanks again for the help,

xxGSxx

AlanShore
10.19.2012 , 04:23 AM | #13
Nah. I'm through being trolled by you. Later buddy, have fun playing KOTOR3.
Inquisitorveil - LF Heavy RP Guild

Thaydin
10.24.2012 , 04:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanShore View Post
Nah. I'm through being trolled by you. Later buddy, have fun playing KOTOR3.
lmao....your the one coming back and posting right?> gun too your head i bet.... anyways...i feel for alot of people getting flamed these days....i get for healz my friends that are tanks, get it...sucks. So he vented. I think if he wants to do it and not in a rage out way... go for it. I have been left behind as a healer while recouping from a fight, then when they all die...im a jerk? some players demand constant spamming of heals, and nothin but respect for those out there tanking....i got a video on my site of me healing and i know a guy who gets nervous about ops when hes a beast....so he made a dps...now we all are lackin...im doing ops as much as possible with people that dont or havent got to do em..you got about 15k hp and mostly 136..your good enough..heck if ya want use you tube to study fights..no worse than some do. you may know me...Icefang..." legion of the Damned " and i dont mind paying for your repairs if your broke..if you rage out at 50 about money for repairs on a gf..lol stay home if your that crappy. I game in good moods and ya i get tired we all push it and i mess up i goof around..so i get flamed too.. but yet i keep my cool always...thats how rockstars do it. hit me up if your 50 and wanting more stuff to do...its np i did 3 last night..i love helping people relize its not the gear...not at all..its the player. peace ebon hawk..hope all have a blast tonight...

Thaydin
10.24.2012 , 04:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
There's a step missing in there - learning from mistakes

Anyway, don't let it get to you. People get into disagreements and leave groups for all sorts of reasons. E-drama happens all the time in every MMO, best thing to do is shake it off and keep going. It wouldn't hurt to be open to suggestions though, it sounds like the people were impatient and had played a Jedi Shadow before so their advice may be right.

It's best to only attack when the rest of your group is ready. "Leroy"-ing happens so often that people automatically assume that the person in question is doing it on purpose to piss off the group, rather than genuinely being inexperienced. The term comes from an old WoW video where someone intentionally kills his entire raid.
wise words...and ty for explanatio leroy-ing guess i did it once and some person idk remembers it so well he flames me and exaggerates the story,,,and i did put it behind and got to thinking, why care about someone who dwells on you for a mistake and doesnt know you for ****. Really wierd. I like remember alot of people and missions..but for how fun and how we all clicked and made eachother an invincible slaughtering maching for the empire. but very true...cant dwell..but we lose alot of good players due to it. i love this game and and the community and want it around for some real amzing content....like my own star destroyer lmao,,,never happen..ty for wisdom,

MorgonKara
10.26.2012 , 06:37 PM | #16
Hammerstation is a tier 2 lvl 17-24 Flashpoint. Should have stuck with Essles/Black Talon.

/endofthread
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Thaydin
01.03.2013 , 05:31 PM | #17
I know what he is getting at, but he danced around the topic so much this reply isn't gonna make sense, ***? Why is this here? This is a poor forum and should be downed, I am so confused now.......why am here? what happened to just checking out ebon hawks forums that lead to me reading this?

ziggytrix
01.06.2013 , 06:04 PM | #18
Wise fwom your gwabe and save my daughter!
~Zigs~

Nucairion
01.06.2013 , 06:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GrindStone View Post
If I'm a troll then I got trolled here, so trolls outnumber everyone else. Making me part of the majority and/or normal. We were having fun until everyone failed. Then everyone bailed. All the damage I have is tied into force abilities. There's Agro built into combat tech, but it would only help the others not to die by killing me instead. I never agreed to that or to tank for them. Instead I used my abilities with the most damage an taunt. I'm not sure what they expected going into it, because I was too low to do the work for them, an they were too low to do the work themselfs. The problem is how it was handled. If you lose you try again, they bolted an blamed me instead of trying again.
firstly i have ran hammer station with ful group of lvl 15s successfully. it isnt to low for the fp. 14 ish but 15 is doable with the right group ie tank healer 2 dps. tank needs to use tank stance and have a shield and needs to guard the healer. healer needs to heal.

if u new they had no tank 1 you should either go tank stance use a shield of hand and hope for best not much defences at lvl 21 anyway. or second you should have said once you realised they had no tank that they needed one and you were gonna leave group so they could get one.

trying to act as a tank in dps spec and stance and act suprised when they all die is an odd one for me.

personally i think your reactions and your comments to them were just as rude. sure they shoulda waited or kept trying just as much as u could have offered to switch to tank stance stick on a shield and do ur best to help the group you offered to join.

in the second instance you mention sure the guy/girl shouldnt have left after 2 minutes complaining og no xp and offered the same courtesy im sure hed expect if he disconnected. but such is the world off mmo's theres always a few ppl that act this way all you can do is click ignore find replacement and move on.

personally i dont think your a vixtim lke your post implies and that no1 in the examples you provided were innocent victims. i think your just as bad as they are but thats my opinion.

next time do the right thing ignore them be polite dont join a group to watch them fail and ultimatly lead a group to failure by refusing to put on a shield and tank stance and do your best for the group u offered to join. if it goes badly you could always say they need a real tank or better yet do that before u start when u see they dont have one.

also your original post goes on about shadow tanks having nothing to offer ie light armour and so on. you should do some reading. shadow tanks are actually very good tanks jsut as good as other tanks in some respects. when specced properly and geared properly and actually useing the right stance they are very good. and actually have very good damage in tank spec aswell. i have 50 shadow sure its dps but im lvling a sin tank currently lvl 33 and its very good little down time between fights even when using my dps companion mobs die really quick and comps rarely take aggro unless i let them have aggro on mob while i deal with others.

sadly this post is a case of 1 person trying to deflect all blame from samples of as you put it bad form, when your "form" wasnt exactly innocent either. next time you make a post like this actually use samples where you did nothing wrong coz otherwise you really do come of a just another troll
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies