Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ebon Hawk Bad Form

GrindStone
10.17.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
I was level 21 fliping gather nodes on Coruscant. There's a level 15 complaining about the long group finder que for hammer station. What I said first was that level 14-15 is too low. Then I asked if they could get the daily for it, because it might be a better idea to judge the difficulty. They argued that level 15 was hammer station time. I said fine okay it is, just to agree. Then I said I'd go just to watch you get turned into a meatwad sandwich. The conversation goes on an they end up with two level 15's an one level 14 that is willing to go to hammer.

Being nice I said I'd go. Emergency Fleet Travel, bam I'm there waiting for 5-10 minutes on them to get there. Chat was good an we were all having fun with it. They skipped the dialog, so I ran in an started fighting. Running around wildly drawing agro an cutting the fluffy robots an guards down. We died once but got to the shortcut very quickly. I told them to come up with a plan. They say use combat style instead of force. I ignore this because I've had better luck with shadow using force style from it now being upgraded to 3.0 training.

I rush in on the robot an hit it a few times, nobody else is there, I turn an run an they attack. One of them draws the agro an gets damaged, I taunt the robot to tank while hitting it. All 3 of them died about the same time, leaving me. I dash away with 1/4 health, an hide behind a shipping crate. I try to jump up to the cave an miss, then the robot nukes me. I look at the chat an one of the 15's said that I was S%#!, an that he was leaving. Another said "well now I know not to ever group with people" Then they left. The third left group an waited outside the flashpoint.

I send them /tell "what was that all about" Only the third answered, which was the one I had told originally that 15 is too low for hammer. He goes on about how shadow is the best tank an that I was doing it all wrong, and that I should do what he says instead. I told him I thought shadow wasn't actually a tank, that you could draw agro, but had nothing to back it up. Light armor, low health, no shield an so on. He kept going with it saying that "You know nothing" and "You're a funny troll" I told him "I'm not the one that got upset" I was ignored then.

The PUG was such bad form on the part of the two 15's an 14 players. I became very sad thinking about how I had tried hard an failed but wasn't discouraged at all about it. But because it wasn't perfect the first time the other players quit, as well as blaming me for it. Then I'm stuck thinking that I'm S$%! because of what that one guy said. This is made worse by now being ignored by the third guy. I quit playing an had more fun learning how to run a chainsaw, an getting my butt kicked by said chainsaw.

That's not the first time either. Another Ebon Hawk example would be Fall of Locust on Taris. A 4 PUG gets over halfway done with the heroic. One member lost connection, so two of us start dancing waiting for them to come back. It hasn't even been a minute yet, an the other member starts to complain that they are not getting any XP an that they could have been 2 levels higher by now. Me an the other dancing player spit curse an try to explain that it's normal to wait for the lost connection a little while.

The guy leaves before two minutes is up. I normally wait at least 5 minutes. We end up waiting about 10 minutes, then kick the lost coneciton. Then we finish the heroic by ourselfs using companions, which is pretty impossible difficulty, but we had fun. Then we also invite the guy that left to the group over an over an send him /tells griefing him for leaving everyone hanging as well as abandoning a player with a lost connection. It's a growing trend of bad form I see with the new players on the early planets.

AlanShore
10.17.2012 , 08:03 PM | #2
You're a troll, right? I mean, seriously, you're trolling us, right?

You insult people. Then say you'll go on a mission to watch them fail. Then roll in and aggro everything so they tell you to use tank stance and you insist on using dps. Your healer lacks a guard and pulls aggro resulting in the crap getting beat out of them, b/c you're in dps. Then you claim you're the victim.

In your second example, you grief a guy who leaves to level when you've already lost a group member to a d/c. Dude, I love lowbies. I group with people ALL the time to run flashpoints and heroics but these people are right. You need to learn your class and not be a complete ***hole to people.
Inquisitorveil - LF Heavy RP Guild

Everlong
10.17.2012 , 10:42 PM | #3
I think that Form I is a bad form. It's elementary compared to the rest of lightsaber forms.

I like Form II and Form IV.
Sex, spice and Shapa Keesay.

Torgru
10.17.2012 , 11:59 PM | #4
Well, Kit Fisto was a Master of Shii-Cho, and he was awesome.

But like the first reply said, it sounds like you deserved the poor treatment. I mean, if you want people to be nice and understanding, then do so to them. If you act like you're hot stuff and know what you're doing, someone else might actually assume you do know. But if you admit to being new, they might be a little more understanding. Instead of just -saying- use Combat, they might explain why it would be better for tanking.

Overall, it was poor conduct on both sides, yes. But is by no means an accurate representation of Ebon Hawk. I've grouped with many wonderful people, made many great friends, and am willing to return kindness from strangers with kindness from strangers. Because that's how the world works. You be nice to others, and surprise surprise. Others will be nice to you.

TheronFett
10.18.2012 , 01:57 AM | #5
I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading that.

RGMetal
10.18.2012 , 05:42 AM | #6
Tanking in Force Stance with a focus. I might have to try that out.

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Míka / Fayé

AsiriusNazriel
10.18.2012 , 01:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading that.
Yeah I couldn't even read through the OP. When I finally comprehended what I read I took my head and banged it against the wall, hard and painfully.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

DarthBror
10.18.2012 , 02:18 PM | #8
I read a sentence or 2 out of the first paragraph them maybe a word or 2 form the others. Im freaking lost. I hear

QQ. QQ. QQ

uggh. can I have my 5 mins back.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

GrindStone
10.18.2012 , 07:04 PM | #9
If I'm a troll then I got trolled here, so trolls outnumber everyone else. Making me part of the majority and/or normal. We were having fun until everyone failed. Then everyone bailed. All the damage I have is tied into force abilities. There's Agro built into combat tech, but it would only help the others not to die by killing me instead. I never agreed to that or to tank for them. Instead I used my abilities with the most damage an taunt. I'm not sure what they expected going into it, because I was too low to do the work for them, an they were too low to do the work themselfs. The problem is how it was handled. If you lose you try again, they bolted an blamed me instead of trying again.

AlanShore
10.18.2012 , 07:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GrindStone View Post
If I'm a troll then I got trolled here, so trolls outnumber everyone else. Making me part of the majority and/or normal. We were having fun until everyone failed. Then everyone bailed. All the damage I have is tied into force abilities. There's Agro built into combat tech, but it would only help the others not to die by killing me instead. I never agreed to that or to tank for them. Instead I used my abilities with the most damage an taunt. I'm not sure what they expected going into it, because I was too low to do the work for them, an they were too low to do the work themselfs. The problem is how it was handled. If you lose you try again, they bolted an blamed me instead of trying again.
Dude, just go back to WoW. Last thing I need is an arrogant, hating, griefer who won't listen in my lowbie groups. I can only imagine how much you'd flop in PvP. I can't believe someone chooses to leave your group and you "spit curse" at them and then intentionally grief them. You're garbage.
Inquisitorveil - LF Heavy RP Guild