Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

JediMasterSarynn's Avatar


JediMasterSarynn
11.08.2012 , 10:50 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Creedys View Post
I feel the aim of this post was to increase the positive comments from the “vocal few” to balance the scales a bit.
Just to be sure -- don't mistake my wanting to move to a different server as being unhappy with the game. I LOVE this game. I will be here for years. Probably until they shut the doors. I have brought many people to this game and the majority of them are still playing; though probably because I'm still playing.

My only gripe is I want to consistently participate in ranked warzones, win or lose. Last night was the first night we got a ranked pop in 2 weeks. It was the first night we went against an Imperial team in a month. I'm tired of banging heads with my Republic brothers and sisters, when they do queue. I know other servers do not have this problem.

Jung Ma has some great people and great guilds in it. However, the "PVP" part of RP-PVP is sorely lacking and F2P isn't going to fix that. Also, new players generally gravitate toward the more populated servers because they want to play with others. Jung Ma is going to have trouble attracting people.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

TeH-DeVa's Avatar


TeH-DeVa
11.08.2012 , 10:52 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Creedys View Post
Please look at SWTOR's Facebook page. That is where I see a majority of the complaining... and it far outweighs the positive feedback. I'm not counting posts that give objective critisicms... I'm talking about posts that aim to hurt the reputation of the game without any evidence to suggest the post was made in an attempt to give Bioware useable information as to how or why they are "messing up" or "failing".

https://www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic

I feel the aim of this post was to increase the positive comments from the “vocal few” to balance the scales a bit. It doesn’t detract from the fact that people are always more vocal when they are upset versus when they are content. Ask any customer service industry for those metrics- that was the point we were making. It doesn't matter how many people have played the game or not who are complaining about things in the game; they are not customers. What really should matter to Bioware is the opinions of those who continues to play the game... and our point is that the people who enjoy SWTOR aren't vocal enough to counter balance the negativity present of the people who don't enjoy it. The neutral statements such as questions, builds, etc. are irrelevent to this discussion.

EDIT: Sorry.. it's late and I continually disliked the method in which I was presenting my thoughts.
I <3 TOR - It's the best game I've ever played. I've got the TOR razer mouse - Am purchasing the TOR headset and afterwards the TOR keyboard - I have been subbed since launch - got pre-order access on dec 13th - and played BETA

I have no problem with TOR as a game - The reason I don't play it is because Jung Ma ****'s so bad that despite my obsession with this game I can't enjoy it due to the lack of existence when it comes to people.
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

TeH-DeVa's Avatar


TeH-DeVa
11.08.2012 , 10:55 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
Also, new players generally gravitate toward the more populated servers because they want to play with others. Jung Ma is going to have trouble attracting people.
SWG towards the end allowed free transfers and every dead server was so happy - all of them posted on their forums "new people will be coming to us! it'll be great" - what happened instead was not only did they not get a single transfer but a lot of their own people left too.

No F2P person with half a brain who hasn't played before will be coming to jung ma when they see the server numbers. And F2P gets limited PvP/PvE anyways. Not to mention leveling and gearing time for all the new people will make it be a LOT longer than just F2P launch for us to even start seeing some new gear 50's to play even if they do come.
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

Creedys's Avatar


Creedys
11.08.2012 , 11:14 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
My only gripe is I want to consistently participate in ranked warzones, win or lose. Last night was the first night we got a ranked pop in 2 weeks. It was the first night we went against an Imperial team in a month. I'm tired of banging heads with my Republic brothers and sisters, when they do queue. I know other servers do not have this problem.
This requires a fix... I agree. There is more than one solution to this problem... and one is making ranked WZs cross server. It would certainly give people a more comprehensive idea about the competition... AND reduce queue times. I almost think this is a necessity with standard WZs as well... but I don't ever have issues with WZ queue times (though I suspect I might if ranked WZs became more accessible, as they would stop queuing for WZs).

Just thinking simplistically by stating "LET ME TRANSFER" is not really looking at the root cause of the issue.

Oh and this server's designation does mean PvP in all forms, but specifically world PvP. Anyone can go to any server and queue for WZs... the reason Jung Ma is unique is because it offers the opportunity to be out in the world role-playing and then get jumped by an aggressor. Its offer of spontaneity within RP is more realistic and thus attractive to a special demographic such as yours truly. When I RP, if a member of the opposing faction runs up to me, I don't get to hide behind the mechanics of the game if that individual wants to kill me.

No other server has that... and if we merge... we lose it.

Quote: Originally Posted by TeH-DeVa View Post
No F2P person with half a brain who hasn't played before will be coming to jung ma when they see the server numbers. And F2P gets limited PvP/PvE anyways. Not to mention leveling and gearing time for all the new people will make it be a LOT longer than just F2P launch for us to even start seeing some new gear 50's to play even if they do come.
Which is why it seems that joining an RP-PvP server might benefit "free to play" players. There is no limit on world PvP... there is no limits on RP. F2P often attracts an RP crowd because not all of them want (or even care) to do content provided by the developers... sometimes they just enjoy the aspect of RPing in a new environment. I do this with LOTRO. I haven't paid a penny for that game even though it severely limits my ability to play because that was not the focus of the reason why I began to play. Granted some F2P people will simply choose an RP server because of it's population and their lack of a desire to PvP... but there still exists a particular demographic or RPers that WILL wish for an RP-PvP server. To make a blanket statement that demeans people if they chose our server is just asinine and frankly just another motivator for people to avoid our server.

There are many motives behind server selection... and not ALL of them involve population. Some involve community. Some involve the perception that they might be more likely to get the character name they want on a lower population server. Some of it is based on current friends in game.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative

TeH-DeVa's Avatar


TeH-DeVa
11.08.2012 , 11:54 AM | #45
You say that...but you are severely mistaken. But as I said let's pretend you are right for a moment. With the limitations of F2P players and lack of ability to play it will be 1-3 months before we begin to see geared level 50's on our server even assuming a LOT of people come to Jung Ma (which they won't) by then the people who are on this server and unhappy (most of them) will be even angrier and by then according to bioware we will be able to leave and be gone. So it's a moot point anyways.

No matter what this server is *****ed
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

Creedys's Avatar


Creedys
11.08.2012 , 12:37 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TeH-DeVa View Post
You say that...but you are severely mistaken. But as I said let's pretend you are right for a moment. With the limitations of F2P players and lack of ability to play it will be 1-3 months before we begin to see geared level 50's on our server even assuming a LOT of people come to Jung Ma (which they won't) by then the people who are on this server and unhappy (most of them) will be even angrier and by then according to bioware we will be able to leave and be gone. So it's a moot point anyways.

No matter what this server is *****ed
What information outside of your opinion are you basing your logic on? With generic statements like yours, it comes down to "he said, she said," arguments. You cannot prove you are correct anymore than I can. I'm basing my statements on my 10 years of experience as an RPer in MMOs, and you might be as well... or not. I agree the point is moot. People who are unhappy will remain so... I'm not debating that. However let me remind you that this discussion is not based on unhappy individuals. It's based on people who ARE happy with it (hence the name of the thread). I never stated that F2P players will severely help with the server population; I was simply stating that there are multiple factors people refuse to consider in regards to an individual’s server selection outside of server population… and that is NOT a mistake.

People who are currently happy with Jung Ma see f2P as a boon because if they are already happy... more players, however significant or insignificant, will only be a good thing in their mind… and why not? Not all 50s CARE about the lower population. This thread clearly demonstrates that. I’m optimistic that Bioware will realize that cross server Operation queues and WZ queues are inevitable… rendering this complaint moot as well. I'm ok with open transfers for those unhappy people (because frankly, I’m tired of seeing it even though I never understood why a non-RPer would select a RP-PvP server to begin with if they don’t prefer one play style that the designation indicates). What I am not ok with is server merges because of aforementioned reasons.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative

JediMasterSarynn's Avatar


JediMasterSarynn
11.08.2012 , 01:42 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Creedys View Post
...
You mentioned a ton of things in your post so I'll just bullet point my responses.
  • Yes, a server having a PvP designation mainly means world PvP. However, it also means that the harder core PvP players are going to role on them versus going to a PvE server just so you can run warzones. You just (usually) won't find the same level of competition on a PvE server.
  • Cross-server queues would definitely solve the ranked warzone problem, but Bioware has repeatedly stated they are not going to do cross-server warzones or group finder. What does that leave us with? Asking for transfers, a system they already have in place and provided to Ajunta Pall originals.
  • Sure, RP players who are looking for a free RP fix may come to this server. But over Ebon Hawk? Why would they, it's more populated, which means more RP opportunities. So no help there. Plus, not being paid subscribers means no ranked warzone access so that doesn't help solve that problem. Also, RP people are a minority of an MMO community.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Creedys's Avatar


Creedys
11.08.2012 , 04:35 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
You mentioned a ton of things in your post so I'll just bullet point my responses.[*]Yes, a server having a PvP designation mainly means world PvP. However, it also means that the harder core PvP players are going to role on them versus going to a PvE server just so you can run warzones. You just (usually) won't find the same level of competition on a PvE server.
Then they should roll on a PvP server. The RP designation means that if you enjoy RP and PvP... this server is for you. I see no reason why a PvPer wouldn't just pick a PvP server to begin with.... there are plenty of them out there. /shrug

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
[*]Cross-server queues would definitely solve the ranked warzone problem, but Bioware has repeatedly stated they are not going to do cross-server warzones or group finder. What does that leave us with? Asking for transfers, a system they already have in place and provided to Ajunta Pall originals.
Perhaps... but many developers have stated they are not interested in introducing many game features, only to relent later to their customers. One can hope. They stated they wouldn't do certain things in the past and relented... (see below).

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
[*]Sure, RP players who are looking for a free RP fix may come to this server. But over Ebon Hawk? Why would they, it's more populated, which means more RP opportunities. So no help there. Plus, not being paid subscribers means no ranked warzone access so that doesn't help solve that problem. Also, RP people are a minority of an MMO community.
Again... you are looking at a SINGLE element the influences a person's decision. I picked Jung Ma not because it was the most popular server. I chose it because of its designation. I would imagine I'm not the only one in that classification. Server population might be the major influcing factor... but it certainly isn't the only one.

While RPers might be the minority, Ebon Hawk seems pretty populated with RPers... as does Jung Ma. There are 7 total servers with RPers (many of which I can't speak for). I understand not everyone that rolls on those servers RP, but if you bunch the RPers together, I would imagine you would have a population for at least 2.5 - 3 servers. Three FULL servers worth of RPers in a game with only 20 servers is no small number to dismiss. 15% of your clientel is important!

Out of all of those servers, Jung Ma remains the ONLY RP-PvP server in existence. Many of the people posting on this thread want to keep that. We fought hard during release for an RP-PvP server (something Bioware stated they weren't going to do, may I remind you), and we simply wish to express our desire to keep it.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative

deathomight's Avatar


deathomight
11.11.2012 , 05:57 AM | #49
I am happy with Jung Ma, RP PVP forever!

Zeeke's Avatar


Zeeke
11.13.2012 , 03:02 AM | #50
I am happy to an extent with Jung Ma, but as a pvper it is pretty hard. I think if we had cross server warzones things might get a bit better. We had an excellent and competitive community but a lot of those people have already quit / rerolled on another server. The only thing keeping me on Jung Ma I guess is my guild <3.
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Sith Lord Kazra Sunreaver | Massassai of Jen'jidai | Officer of PvP