Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

Amealia
11.03.2012 , 12:31 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Creedys View Post
I have made many friends on this server... and I see no reason why Jung Ma should be merged with any other server... after all, I'll emmulated what Ralden stated; we are the LAST RP-PvP server... and our community does both. Stick us in an RP server and we lose the PvP element. Stick us in a PvP server and the opposite becomes true.
This.

I love Jung Ma. I don't want to be stuck on a PvP server with little RP. I play to RP. But then again, I don't want to be stuck on an RP server without PvP. It's unfair to those of us who want this. And it will deter players if there are no RPPvP servers.

I believe that F2P will bring more people, and hopefully boost the number of subs.

I also want to point out a point I made on another thread--people who go on the forums and complain are a small amount compared to the people who are happy. Because people who are happy don't usually try to show it--they just go on and do what they like doing. It's when people are upset they show it. How many times have you seen a person in Best Buy walk up to a manager and go , "That cashier... was awesome. She rang up my items in a timely manner" ? You don't really. Granted there are times where they are, and that's who we are. We are the people who are posting that we love Jung Ma. There are other people who don't even visit the forums--ever. And they are happier than a clam.

Look at that side of things. You'll see more people than not are happy with Jung Ma... and count me as one of them.
Alliandra
"As long as I'm fighting, I'm not dying." -Mara Jade

Creedys
11.07.2012 , 11:45 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Amealia View Post
I also want to point out a point I made on another thread--people who go on the forums and complain are a small amount compared to the people who are happy. Because people who are happy don't usually try to show it--they just go on and do what they like doing. It's when people are upset they show it. How many times have you seen a person in Best Buy walk up to a manager and go , "That cashier... was awesome. She rang up my items in a timely manner" ? You don't really. Granted there are times where they are, and that's who we are. We are the people who are posting that we love Jung Ma. There are other people who don't even visit the forums--ever. And they are happier than a clam.

Look at that side of things. You'll see more people than not are happy with Jung Ma... and count me as one of them.
^ This. Just to demonstrate to Bioware that just because the negative nancys are begging for a server merger /transfer, not all of us want it.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative

toyfanatic
11.07.2012 , 02:16 PM | #33
^ This. Just to demonstrate to Bioware that just because the negative nancys are begging for a server merger /transfer, not all of us want it.
Agreed, I don't to leave here. I like it here

JediMasterSarynn
11.07.2012 , 03:11 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Amealia View Post

I won't counter the argument that the forums of this game -- and any game really -- are composed of a small amount of the overall population. I will content that positive and negative feedback don't always make their way here though or any forum for that matter. The reason is simple -- most people aren't bothered to jump into a usually vicious message board platform and voice their opinion.

I'll use your own example to make my point. A person has a bad experience at Best Buy. They decide to leave the store -- and never shop there again. They do not complain to the manager of the store, or the employee that wronged them, or write a letter to corporate. They simply don't shop there any more. This happens more frequently than people actually complaining.

So while I would love for the opportunity to leave Jung Ma to a more subscriber populated PvP server, I'm but maybe 2-3 people from my guild that actually post on these forums. The other 45-50 active members I have rarely come here, even to browse, and 95% of them also want to leave the server.

So I wouldn't assume that people who don't post here like things the way they are.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Creedys
11.07.2012 , 04:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
IA person has a bad experience at Best Buy. They decide to leave the store -- and never shop there again. They do not complain to the manager of the store, or the employee that wronged them, or write a letter to corporate. They simply don't shop there any more. This happens more frequently than people actually complaining.
Normally I agree with you... and you're right in regards to physical businesses, but gamer's are a different demographic. To validate their own decision to stop playing a game (or just because they are annoyed they invested the time only to get fed up with it for some reason, etc.), they often trash the game on social media sites (Facespace, etc.), and forums, yet they clearly do not play. I see it frequently. "Thank god I don't play anymore" is a fairly standard introductory clause in posts made by people that want to bash on the game, the developers, etc. That is because to post a complaint takes little to no time. These individuals linger on forums as well.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader

TeH-DeVa
11.07.2012 , 05:01 PM | #36
I like the people here and my guild is great/active however the population is beyond horrible and has caused me and most of my friends to unsub. I had a guild of about 40 people at one point and they've all left due to this horrible crowd. I have been subbed without playing for over two months just raking in cartel points until they finally let me off this rock.

A self sufficient guild is NOT fun. A MMO NEEDS people. Different people. The idea is MANY different BIG guilds. MANY social interactions with DIFFERENT people. MORE PVP.

I like PvP AND PvE. But i've had to quit pvp on this server since it's so terrible. The idea is not for RBG's to just "pop" the system (elo system) is meant to matchmake you with people close. If you are a terrible team you are suppose to go against a terrible team so you don't get destroyed.

On Jung ma it's whoever the two that existed by the luck of the universe at the time regardless of rating and thus the better team will win. Or it'll be the same 2-4 teams over and over and over.

I'd create a new toon but I have too much to possibly quit this toon now. The second I get to transfer off I'll be off. At this point I would literally pay 250 dollars to leave right now and not buy my new razer keyboard.

Meh.
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

TeH-DeVa
11.07.2012 , 05:03 PM | #37
Normally I agree with you... and you're right in regards to physical businesses, but gamer's are a different demographic. To validate their own decision to stop playing a game (or just because they are annoyed they invested the time only to get fed up with it for some reason, etc.), they often trash the game on social media sites (Facespace, etc.), and forums, yet they clearly do not play. I see it frequently. "Thank god I don't play anymore" is a fairly standard introductory clause in posts made by people that want to bash on the game, the developers, etc. That is because to post a complaint takes little to no time. These individuals linger on forums as well.
Statisically the people on an MMO's forum only make up around 10-20% of the games player base. The rest use it only for serious questions once every couple months or never at all.

So what you are seeing is a vocal few. Keep in mind this game has lost over a million players. Only a couple 100 are complaining on these forums. The same small % that is complaining to best buy. Just when they complain to best buy only best buy notices. Here on the forums everyone notices so they seem much larger in numbers.
The BellHat Legacy
Forever rocking the Bell Hat!
Beleka! The tiny but legendary Chiss Merc Arsenal of the Jung Ma Server
-The Legendary Bounty Hunter 'Deva' Path of the Starsider and Bria server in SWG-

Gritfiend
11.07.2012 , 05:28 PM | #38
Obviously you guys don't read general chat on the space stations. About once an hour someone comments on how the population sucks. They don't have to post on the forums to say what they think.

As far as the thousands that left the game when they first refused to merge servers, well most of them did not post on the forums either but I bet you all wish they did now. I think it will take another mass exodus for you people to get your head out of the sand.

Frostsongr
11.07.2012 , 06:14 PM | #39

Creedys
11.07.2012 , 06:21 PM | #40
Please look at SWTOR's Facebook page. That is where I see a majority of the complaining... and it far outweighs the positive feedback. I'm not counting posts that give objective critisicms... I'm talking about posts that aim to hurt the reputation of the game without any evidence to suggest the post was made in an attempt to give Bioware useable information as to how or why they are "messing up" or "failing".

https://www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic

I feel the aim of this post was to increase the positive comments from the “vocal few” to balance the scales a bit. It doesn’t detract from the fact that people are always more vocal when they are upset versus when they are content. Ask any customer service industry for those metrics- that was the point we were making. It doesn't matter how many people have played the game or not who are complaining about things in the game; they are not customers. What really should matter to Bioware is the opinions of those who continues to play the game... and our point is that the people who enjoy SWTOR aren't vocal enough to counter balance the negativity present of the people who don't enjoy it. The neutral statements such as questions, builds, etc. are irrelevent to this discussion.

EDIT: Sorry.. it's late and I continually disliked the method in which I was presenting my thoughts.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader