Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
People Who Are Happy With Jung Ma

Aldamar
10.20.2012 , 10:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gritfiend View Post
Are you guys just an RP guild? I am for the most part an entirely PVE oriented player right now.
I would consider Remnants of Hope a PVE, PVP, and RP guild. We participate in all aspects to their fullest extent.
[Jung Ma] Remnants of Hope -- Telana Dentari
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"
www.remnantsofhope.com

Risl
10.21.2012 , 09:04 PM | #22
My guild is content with the server, also. Between our own members and our friends & allies, I always have people to play with.

The problem is this... when some kind of transfer is allowed, those not transfering will be again in the position like the old origin servers, as in low but acceptable populations before, but much lower and unacceptable after.

The bigger issue is, if transfers out of Jung Ma are allowed, would they be to a RP or PVP server, or either?

Neither is a good solution. Thus the interest in having an RP PVP server to begin with. It's frustrating that the overall RP community did not see the benefits to an RP PVP server, as I believe that's a more "pure" RP, but I guess to each their own. As we know, though, RP PVP was not supported until quite close to launch, so it was hard to promote much community to the server style prelaunch.
Braffik (Republic) ♦ Ralden (Empire)
Jung Ma

Chiltonium
10.22.2012 , 05:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Risl View Post
My guild is content with the server, also. Between our own members and our friends & allies, I always have people to play with.

The problem is this... when some kind of transfer is allowed, those not transfering will be again in the position like the old origin servers, as in low but acceptable populations before, but much lower and unacceptable after.

The bigger issue is, if transfers out of Jung Ma are allowed, would they be to a RP or PVP server, or either?

Neither is a good solution. Thus the interest in having an RP PVP server to begin with. It's frustrating that the overall RP community did not see the benefits to an RP PVP server, as I believe that's a more "pure" RP, but I guess to each their own. As we know, though, RP PVP was not supported until quite close to launch, so it was hard to promote much community to the server style prelaunch.
youd be suprised how many people are perfectly happy choosing at this point. We all joined the server because we liked RP and we liked PvP.

Unfortunately population issues aside, world pvp turned out to be garbage, and WZs arent pvp servers only, so everyone I know is happy to transfer straight to Ebon Hawk, and by the looks of a lot of posts, a lot are also happy to transfer to a pvp.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Luniara
10.22.2012 , 07:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
Trying not to be a pessimist here, but it doesn't matter if the entire F2P population comes to Jung Ma. Unless they convert over to subscribed accounts they can't do ranked warzones or Operations, and are severely limited in everything else they can do. As such, unless they're subscribing or spending money unlocking the ability to do more stuff, having tons of F2P players come over will not have much of an impact.

Our fleet numbers will improve though, so there's that.
Hmm. Good point! Pessimism is okay. That is a good way of looking at it actually. With 3 days to enter the matches or ops, it may slow things down. It would only give us a population. There should certainly be SOME people that would give faster pop times for WZs. At least a small increase.

I actually hope they change the whole limited warzone bit. 3 seems like a very small number. That's... a weekend. Maybe they'll be more incline to have some open PvP on planets?

Also, no worries, Chiltonium. =) Your PM helped and I think we both misunderstood. <3 All good.
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Guild Leader - Jung Ma Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

Zoom_VI
10.22.2012 , 03:33 PM | #25
I am primarily a PvPer and I prefer this server over any of the other ones. Even with the low pop I almost never have to wait more than 5 minutes for a warzone, and It is nice to be able to reasonably predict which days are good for getting the pvp weekly done which days are good for toe-to-toe warzones and which days are best for ranked queue.
I honestly prefer having a low population than being overcrowded and having heavy lag everytime I am on the fleet. Plus RP-PvP has the most mature community, unlike other servers I almost never hear about getting ganked by 50s and There are far less abnoxious people here.
My guild is not by any means one of the large ones but we are active and enjoy our gameplay.
Yes it would have been nie if Bioware had not let the AP people transfer off and create the population issue but it isnt a server ruiner in my opinion. (and I was originally on AP)

Perhaps voluntary transfers into Jung-Ma. I know several people who would jump at the chance to escape the overcrowded servers for a smaller one.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

JediMasterSarynn
10.22.2012 , 10:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Luniara View Post
Hmm. Good point! Pessimism is okay. That is a good way of looking at it actually. With 3 days to enter the matches or ops, it may slow things down. It would only give us a population. There should certainly be SOME people that would give faster pop times for WZs. At least a small increase.

I actually hope they change the whole limited warzone bit. 3 seems like a very small number. That's... a weekend. Maybe they'll be more incline to have some open PvP on planets?

Also, no worries, Chiltonium. =) Your PM helped and I think we both misunderstood. <3 All good.
I agree. I think that at the very least they should allow F2P enough warzones to do their weekly. Let them pay for ranked WZs. Flashpoints should be once a day. Pay for more. Operations, sure let them pay for that.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Chiltonium
10.23.2012 , 06:20 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
I agree. I think that at the very least they should allow F2P enough warzones to do their weekly. Let them pay for ranked WZs. Flashpoints should be once a day. Pay for more. Operations, sure let them pay for that.
I dont see an issue with their f2p model, I find it to be quite generous!

Not that that was what this thread was about :P

I feel casual players get their fill. If you're doing more than what is offered, you're not really "casual," you play enough to warrant a subscription.

For example my buddy works 12 hour days with duty once a week that takes up 36 hours (24 hour duty followed by a 12 hour shift) 3 WZ, 3 FP, would be just fine for him, he doesnt have a lot of time to play.

I play daily and do FPs / WZ frequently, and I love to do operations. Id say 5 + hours a day, I will pay, and gladly :P
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

toyfanatic
10.29.2012 , 07:32 PM | #28
I am also one of the mainly pve-ers /raiders. I do pvp occasionaly . I am also with half of my guild a Ajunta Pall transfer and we enjoy it here on Jung Ma. The Gentleman's Club of Coruscant was a Ajunta Pall guild before the mergers and we have good attendence here. As being part of a raiding guild , the que times for pvp doesn't tick me off.I que with guildies and we get a pop in a reasonable amount of time. I am getting a bit sick of the whole "this server is dead" thing. From my perspective it is nice that i can go to BH and compleate objectives with no wait for mobs to respawn. It would ruin the enjoyment of the game for me as the game was like it was in january of this year. Getting constentaly ganked by the other faction every few minuets on leveling worlds- i do not miss it. The first event, rember the the massive amount of ganking on Tatoonie? I almost un-subbed from frustration of trying to complete the story. I enjoy the mature atmosphere on the server I also think our attendence on the server is not as bad a the naysayers want to convey. I know the free to play will bring a influx of players . I don't understand where people get the sense of entitlement.
I enjoy what this server has for quality players.

SawneyRath
11.02.2012 , 06:00 AM | #29
And that is why I also like the server. The mature atmosphere that (most) of us have. To those that don't like being here, just re-roll until they allow you to move off. Complaining in all these threads won't make them move faster if you haven't noticed.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Creedys
11.02.2012 , 12:49 PM | #30
As the leader of <Clan Epsis> I can say we are eagerly awaiting the F2P. We mainly PvP (but we have begun to dabble in PvE to provide our guild members more opportunities to experience all forms of game play), so we've felt some impact as the ebbs and flows of member interest and WZ queues come and go...

... but the beauty of RP is that player created content makes up for any lack of post 50 content blues! There is nothing more exciting that hunting for a player on a planet knowing they don't know you're gunning for them to RP and perhaps PvP with them .

I do feel the community of Jung Ma (those not spending their time whining on the forums for a transfer) have really come together to create fun events for other members. I don't see RPers having issues with Jung Ma; I think people who are complaining aren't medium-heavy RPers and thus their culture does not mesh with that of the intent of the server: an RP community that can openly attack people without having to flag or duel (which can often detract form the atmosphere and the immersion). They expected a PvP communityÖ and itís unfortunate that they didnít really examine the parameters of this server.

I have made many friends on this server... and I see no reason why Jung Ma should be merged with any other server... after all, I'll emmulated what Ralden stated; we are the LAST RP-PvP server... and our community does both. Stick us in an RP server and we lose the PvP element. Stick us in a PvP server and the opposite becomes true.

I sincerely hope that Bioware opens WZs between all servers instead of merging our tight knit community with some unknown one.

Clan Epsis
Guild leader
Agonal Level 55 Juggernaught | Ava Level 55 Operative