Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Coins for Credits?

Kortan
10.17.2012 , 03:47 PM | #1
Should Cartel Coins be trade-able for actual in-game credits?
would you find that game breaking?

I personally would love for that, so that I can purchase all the Legacy Perks
CE Member!

tarolin
10.17.2012 , 03:55 PM | #2
I have a feeling legacy perk unlocks will be part of the shop for your chars , will have to see
power of stars , over all are souls
where light and dark , each follow a path
, rulers are the sith.

grombrinda
10.17.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3
On one hand it would be convenient but on the other hand it could turn the system you're suggesting into pay to win. How?
Well a well to do individual with cash to spend could just sit there pay money , get credits, and go to gtn and buy everything up..and either resell them for higher creds or just gear himself out without any effort. That is how p2w works.
I understand what you mean but I would vote against it because it can be abused by someone with the wallet to do so.

And before you ask, yeah i've seen people drop hundreds on cash shop items in games before,most notably Perfect World games, in a month mind you.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

sonyajeb
10.17.2012 , 04:32 PM | #4
No. As much as I'd like to be able to, say, spend 5 bucks to buy enough credits to get that lvl 61 armoring w/out slot restrictions for my belt, instead of having to grind dailies to earn the credits, it would be totally game breaking. It would be like pay to win, and it would really damage the in-game economy.

Zenates
10.17.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sonyajeb View Post
No. As much as I'd like to be able to, say, spend 5 bucks to buy enough credits to get that lvl 61 armoring w/out slot restrictions for my belt, instead of having to grind dailies to earn the credits, it would be totally game breaking. It would be like pay to win, and it would really damage the in-game economy.
You can get a better one out of the WH offhands. No slot restriction, and they lowered the RWZ comms to 2000, and you get a few bonus items too since they are all modded.

Just FYI

Twickers
10.17.2012 , 05:43 PM | #6
I'd have to say no, but I wouldn't mind seeing cartel coins being purchasable with in-game credits.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Rezerai
10.17.2012 , 05:44 PM | #7
I'd agree with this, if the trade went both ways.

Let people buy Cartel coins and sell them for credits.
And
Let people buy Cartel coins with credits.

The actual numbers would have to be fiddled around some, but if it worked out to be a reasonable ratio then I imagine a lot more people would give the free version a go and end up playing long enough to consider buying something with the real monies.

FourTwent
10.17.2012 , 05:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
On one hand it would be convenient but on the other hand it could turn the system you're suggesting into pay to win. How?
Well a well to do individual with cash to spend could just sit there pay money , get credits, and go to gtn and buy everything up..and either resell them for higher creds or just gear himself out without any effort. That is how p2w works
you dont know how pay to win works. move along now