Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RickyBOL
10.24.2012 , 01:48 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Obzenia View Post
In summary, if you decide to go F2P from a SUB, your account will be changed to "Preferred Status" and you will choose which of ANY OF your characters will remain active with NO RESTRICTIONS ON CLASS. The only restriction being the number of active character slots. Meaning you can still choose to play your Chiss character if it's one of your favourites.
Well this is the first time that I read about the "Preferred Status", they don't even mention it in the sub vs free features page! I also remember to have read that FAQ (What happens if I decide to change from being a subscription player to a Free-to-Play member?) some time ago and I'm pretty sure it was different from now Well, this is a good news for me. I'm more focused on PVE so when I won't have much time to play SWTOR I just can select some of my characters, buy the crew skill slots and play 'till I'll have more time to justify the subscription!

darth_erico
10.29.2012 , 05:38 PM | #122
good game but one thing i find is why dont they come out with a chapter 4 for 50's or make makeb and free to play at same time everything else is fine

SneiK
10.30.2012 , 11:37 AM | #123
So, BW, are you trying to make money out of a subscription model, or a F2P model? I think you should decide...

Since your current 'F2P' model is just giving people a very restricted trial, that will absolutely keep them from subbing (and therfore will not likely increase the amount of subscribers). It seems to me that you are trying to get people to sub via F2P model, which makes no sense at the moment.

Because, what is the incentive for the F2P player to sub after spending a lot of money on the F2P features (that subscribers get for free, making those purchases wasted)? And if you think someone is actually going to go all the way up to lvl50 without paying a cent, you are greatly overestimating the story quality of this game. Yes, it's top notch MMO Story, but with all the limitations, it is horrible.

And to the current subscribers who think they are so special. Sure, current subscribers need CCs for supporting the game when it was Subscription driven, but now it should be F2P driven (tho it's not, which is why it will fail). You are paying BW about 15 bucks a month...That's cheap. Shouldn't a F2P player who spends more than that a month be more special than you then? You only bring them 15 $ a month, F2P players could and would (if the model was truly aimed towards F2P) pay more. An average WoT player has spent hundreds of dollars on the game. Many players have spent thousands.

It all comes down to how BW is trying to get money out of us, and this current F2P + sub model doesn't really feel that it has a clear goal towards either of those. Unless you are trying to get the current subscribers to pay for some F2P extra features, ('cool things', like carbonize yourself...what the F...), that would be really short sighted, and strengthen the idea that you are just trying to milk every cent you can out of this failure and walk away.

PS: I've been playing on/off since early access, with at least 6 months of subscription total. I love the game, and would like to see it succeed after all it has gone through, but every patch, every decision BW makes, just seems to fail. Don't **** this up.

_tegrof
10.30.2012 , 12:49 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheike View Post
Come now guys, you've shown in the past that you are incredibly bright individuals,
Link or it didn't happen......

I kid, I kid.....

I am just afraid that the pvp'ers still subscribed to this game are going to be disappointed with the lack of new bodies in pvp when this happens. I just don't see that many people paying extra to do more and, if it were me, I'd find the limitations being so strict that I wouldn't want to continue even in F2P, let alone subscribe. If I wasn't subscribed before, why would I subscribe after F2P?

Just a couple cents from someone that doesn't mean anything....

Kenlonis
10.30.2012 , 01:06 PM | #125
I am really not even that impressed with the armor sets they have on the cartel Market... none are original they are just Robes and armor that's already in the game just made to be adaptive... a very lazy cash grab scheme imo

MasterNero
10.30.2012 , 08:57 PM | #126
I've wanted this game to succeed since a few years before launch. I was in beta, day 1, and since. If BioWare learns to listen more, and do the SMALL things that fans ask for, they could get a LOT of subs. The big things take lots of time, lots of testing, lots of thinking. The small things they can do though will really make the difference. Some of these fun social items such as things in the cartel store are EXACTLY what they should have going. Obviously big content is important, but small things make the day to day more enjoyable. I'm glad for this patch, but they have a long way to go.
Proud Leader of "Soldiers of Hope"
http://soldiersofhope.guildlaunch.com/
╼╼╼◉♒░░♒◉╼╼╼

Exsidous
10.31.2012 , 06:19 AM | #127
I have a question concerning the Free 2 play option. The video stated that with free to play option when creating characters you only have 3 species to choose from for creating characters. What if you were existing player who decided to come back and already have a pre-existing character which is a different species that is not available to play on free to play option?

lklinga
10.31.2012 , 06:30 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by _tegrof View Post
Link or it didn't happen......

I kid, I kid.....

I am just afraid that the pvp'ers still subscribed to this game are going to be disappointed with the lack of new bodies in pvp when this happens. I just don't see that many people paying extra to do more and, if it were me, I'd find the limitations being so strict that I wouldn't want to continue even in F2P, let alone subscribe. If I wasn't subscribed before, why would I subscribe after F2P?

Just a couple cents from someone that doesn't mean anything....
PVP players whine no matter what so they do not count.

Aslesh
11.08.2012 , 09:00 PM | #129
All I want to know is the following two things...

First:
Will races beyond the human, cyborg and Zabrak be available for purchase from the market? ALL FTP's I have ever played, who have a subscriber version as well, have offered their players of the FTP a chance to purchase access to the otherwise non-accessible races due to their FTP status.

Second:
For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

P.S. Yes I have read other posts, but I like to make sure I get a direct answer when my money and time is on the line.

Obzenia
11.11.2012 , 06:59 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
All I want to know is the following two things...

Second:
For those of us who are subscribers and have the option to choose characters to hold onto when we change into the FTP version; can we select characters that are races other than the Human, Cyborg and Zabrak? For example, say I want to keep my Pureblood when I shift to FTP. Can I?

P.S. Yes I have read other posts, but I like to make sure I get a direct answer when my money and time is on the line.
Then you have surely read post #119 which has answered this question and provided page links.